What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Sheffield Shield Final: NSW V WA, Manuka Oval

This ones in the bag IMO.

312 in front , 8 wickets in hand. Once the ball is around 20 overs old there's hardly anything there for the bowlers.

caylo

Bench
This ones in the bag IMO.

312 in front , 8 wickets in hand. Once the ball is around 20 overs old there's hardly anything there for the bowlers.

Yep and I expect NSW to try and put on a quick 120-150, probably just the first session and then put WA back in to case 450+ in 5 sessions to win the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at Smiffy's run rate from last night he seems in a hurry, then again maybe that how he bats, he seems to be in red hot form

Looking at the weather this might be game over anyway.

Showers forecast for most of today & tomorrow.

Huge system making its way down over inland NSW now.

jargan83

Coach
They've just gone off as it's raining at Manuka

Rain starts to fall here and the Umpires decide it's better to get the covers on than wait and so the players are leaving the field.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Official Live Streaming site just has the camera aimed at the lights, which are on.

Nothing happening and the rain looks to be set in.

jargan83

Coach
CA Website says

Rain continuing to fall, quite heavily, my early call but we could be lucky to get back on today. The weather radar looks less than promising, and there are pools of water collecting near the covers.

jargan83

Coach
In fact as I type this the word comes through that play has been abandoned for the day. Play to resume at 10:00 am local time with 105 overs to be bowled tomorrow, so the chance of a result is very slim.

Latest posts