What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘J Lo’ Racks Up Game 100 on Saturday Night

05 Aug 2010

2010Rd22RabbitohNewsExcerptDetail-86ee2d7c-43e5-4532-b2da-ef2a86634cce.jpg
Rabbitohs fan-favourite Jaiman Lowe will register NRL game 100 at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night, and he will do so alongside his beloved brother Ben.

The Lowe Brothers will start a game together for the first time in their NRL careers, a fact not lost on the ‘big fella’ from Toowoomba.

“This is the first game we’ve started together, so that’s pretty special,” Jaiman told Rabbitoh News.

“It’s a different kettle of fish when you’re starting the game with each other as opposed to me coming off the bench and he could possibly have been on the bench as well, so we may not have got any game time together.

“But to start the game together you know you’re going to be out there right from when it kicks off.”

Jaiman says it’s taken him a little longer than expected to bring up his century but says it’s an honour to do so in the cardinal and myrtle of the Rabbitohs.

“Yeah it’s taken me a while, nine years to get there, so probably a little bit longer than it should, but yeah I’m happy mate,” Jaiman said with a smile.

“To finish last year and to finish on 98 and to not get a Club, well I thought that was it.

“I would have been happy with that, but to get the two games and to get to the hundred, yeah I’m pretty stoked.”

The tight bond between the Lowe boys is there for all to see. Jaiman says having Ben at the same Club to share this milestone is extra special considering his young family is over 2,700 kilometres away in Cairns. His wife Letitia, and daughters Jordan, 5, and Dakota, 2, will be in his thoughts come 7:30pm on Saturday night.

“I couldn’t have done it without him,” Jaiman said.

“My family is the world to me, obviously as everyone’s is, but to be that far away from them, I wouldn’t have been able to move down and live on my own or live with someone else.

“If he wasn’t here I wouldn’t have been able to do it.

“It’s been good living together again. We’ve lived together in the past but not alone like we are now, but just to be here when he got called up for that Origin game, Game III, as well to have shared that with him that was pretty special for both of us.

“It’s been very hard to leave them (his family) in Cairns, but you don’t often get a second chance in the NRL and that’s what I’ve got, so I’m going to give it everything I’ve got.

“I got to see the girls last weekend and they’ll be back down here in a couple of weeks.

[FONT=&quot]“It’s been a good couple of weeks. It’s been worth it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To read the rest of this story including the thoughts of Rabbitohs lock and Jaiman's brother Ben Lowe, as well as South Sydney Forwards Coach Gorden Tallis, pick up your copy of Rabbitoh News at this Saturday night's game against the Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium at 7:30pm. [/FONT]
This weekend's edition of Rabbitoh News features a story on the Rabbitohs young forward pack, a look at the activities in Souths Cares, team lists, match preview, player profile on Jamie Simpson, a collectable poster of five-eighth John Sutton, and much more.
[FONT=&quot]Rabbitoh News is available from inside gates B and K at ANZ Stadium in exchange for a gold coin donation to Souths Cares.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tickets for the game can be purchased by clicking here.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are a Rabbitohs Member and wish to read past editions of Rabbitoh News or Red and Green Magazine, log in as a Member on this website, visit the MemberZone and click on the Downloads link to access past editions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/J-Lo-Racks-Up-Game-100.html

Bro Bear

Juniors
Lets hope the Rabbitohs resign him after the injuries this year they should reliase that they need their full number in the squad - not 21.

Release Crocker and sign James Graham and some quality backs.

Well done J.Lowe lets hope the Bunnies win.

Dave Q

Coach
J Lo is a legend. hes probably playing for his keep too.

I remember the day he almost broke Delaney's jaw. I was proud of him.

Delaney was fiddling with his private bits the dirty fugging cat. It was on the video.

If I was Jaiman, I would have done the same thing.

Latest posts