What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“that was a hard decision, Clarky”

Ribs

Bench
We should keep a tally......

Sowards no try ruling against the Cowboys, Coopers no try ruling against the Bulldogs and then this no try ruling against the Eels. Three fair tries denied in three close games and you can see the effect it has on the players. Its all well and good to say they shouldnt have dropped their heads after the decision but after this many what do they expect is going to happen? My head sure f*cking dropped yesterday and for the remainder of the game I just had the sh*ts.

Whats the point of going to watch football when these f*cking useless merkins keep disallowing tries? Its now beyond a joke.

dragonfire

Bench
in that situation one of the big problems is slowing down the play, you watch that at live pace and you will have no problems, but slow it down and you start having doubts. At the same time the rub of the green just wasnt with us yesterday. That decision, Soward losing his footing (bad surface all game) when in the clear and wouldnt have been caught. Soward going outside and Webb staying on te outside rather than making sure he stayed inside. Woolford, well no that was just Woolford. Webb's charge down, Hornbys kick for Morris skewing towards teh sideline. Though i have to say i dont recall a game where i have seen so many charge downs and charge downs that were recovered by the defensive team

Ribs

Bench
The decision to give Parra 6 more after they kicked it straight into Creagh's back highlights the inadequacies of the current set up.

The touchies do nothing. The number of times they arent able to make a call when they are 3 metres from something is staggering.

Every time a ref asks the touchie for a call, the answer is "not sure mate, better go upstairs and check it".

Maybe the NRL needs to stop employing f*cking scared little girls as touchies.

The Preacher

First Grade
Bumstead should be asked to explain this comment. Does it mean that he didn't think it was a strip?? To me it looked like he was ready to give the try and got a call to have a look. Naturally Grothe would've complained as he'd just made himself look a proper goose by losing the ball, but I think he may have got a call from Peculiar Clark himself.
Does this come up on sports ears, and did anyone hear it if it did??

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Teams hardly get 2 fair tries dissallowed in a season let alone 3 in 4 weeks. This is ridiculous. There is obviously a vandeta against the Dragons. The boys have to work so hard for their tries whereas other teams get benefit of the doubt all the time.

Ribs

Bench
I dont think there is any vendetta against us but the level of incompetence of all the officials is making it impossible to enjoy the games.

I cant believe people are crucifying the team for letting their heads drop. Once yeah but three times in the last 5 weeks we've had tries disallowed for nothing. I dont usually drop my head watching but I sure as hell did yesterday and I didnt recover for the remainder of the game. I was filthy and I can only imagine what the players go through with this BS.

There is NO WAY any team will be able to go three games in a row come finals time without being arse f*cked by the officials at least once. So why bother.

The Preacher

First Grade
I heard on BSB this morning it was Clark who made the call to Bumstead, "Hang on, I want to have a look at this" Well done Peculiar Clark. :crazy:

Ribs

Bench
I heard on BSB this morning it was Clark who made the call to Bumstead, "Hang on, I want to have a look at this" Well done Peculiar Clark. :crazy:

If this is true then the NRL needs to investigate it. Hampstead was the ref, not Clark. Surely there is a ruling on whether the video can request a look??

That is disgraceful.

The Preacher

First Grade
Nope, the scoreboard attendants have clocked off. The refs would call the rules and we'd have no case. They could take points off them, which they wont, but they can't allocate any points to us. It's been run and won.
We (The Club) could make it's feelings known, which it wont, but they can't change the decision.
Mind you, it shouldn't have happened, he's there to assist if asked, not run the game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Seriously, 1 team has been penalised more than others. It definately is a vandetta. If it was a case of inconsistency then why don't other teams cop disallowed fair tries.

That Penrith one last week was disallowed but the ref called it back prior to them running the length of the field.

Have there been any other teams which have copped a fair try being disallowed?

All the Saints tries which were disallowed even had the commentators confused. I can understand once or twice but come on this is just getting too obvious.

The Preacher

First Grade
We'll probably get more of Clark now as a message from the NRL that there is no bias and they have full faith in the ponce.

The Preacher

First Grade
They had better make sure Bunnings has enough chicken wire.

:lol: Ribs is gunna play "Bobs Country Bunker".....Blues Bros Style :lol:

I suppose it'll be a case of "Stand By Your Man" if the flouro coats grab ya, we'll be there to "Welease Wibs" !!!

Ribs

Bench
If the club is at all serious about results, it should erect a very unstable looking shack on stilts right up the back of the hill and wire that up as the video refs box.

See how many times they f*ck us then.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Browny and the club were smart they would bring this up especially in the press but it looks like they don't give a rats.

If I was coach of a team and it was dissallowed 4 fair tries in 4 games I would be going off like a rocket. No team in the NRL has copped that many bad decsions.

The refs are proving to be the oppositions best line of defence.

Ribs

Bench
To be honest, I think Brownie is concerned about his perception as a hot head if he blows up about the refs now that he needs another coaching role. After the Barrett slap i think he's too worried about not coming across cool and calm.

I was expecting a spray at the press conference too but I doubt we'll get one until Brown signs another contract, be it here or somewhere else.

Latest posts