What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘Desperate Housewives’ culture could cost St George Illawarra Dragons recruits

dragonreddy

Juniors
Hasler is as good as delivered for 2018.
Hence why JD was allowed to move on without a fight.
I wont reveal a source, but i can say from what i was told (99.9% reliable) hasler will be at the dragons in 2018.
2017 will be used by hasler to slap some faces at the dogs that tried to make him out to be a shit coach.
Im not all for Hasler, but if its between hasler and mary ill contribute to haslers salary!!
The bad news is, it more then likely means mary will see out the entire 2017 season.
The good news, Hasler will enable us to attract some big names for 2018.

So was Bennett for 2015, a lot can happen in a year ,I wouldn't count anything our bunch of bumbling fools say is going to happen as gospel.

hazzbeen

Bench
So was Bennett for 2015, a lot can happen in a year ,I wouldn't count anything our bunch of bumbling fools say is going to happen as gospel.
Cant trust at all , if some how we get into the 8 next year they will probably sign Mary for another 3 years . Thats the scary part we did not sack him this year not making the 8 so if we do next year make the play offs , what will they do ?

Lethal25

Juniors
Gasnier wow, he amazes me how sharp he is. Who would have thought players wouldn't sign with us because of water cooler chat.

It's like saying water is wet. This horse has well and truly bolted Gaz, and by the way Germany lost the war!

Uplifting

Juniors
On Gaz's premise that players who have options will not come to a club whose coach has a bad rep (amongst players), I can only determine that the clubs ability to sign good players like Nene Mac and Paul Vaughn on long contracts might mean that they've been told of the club's plans regarding who will be the long term coach.

This probably means dumping Mary is merely a formality (as per Doc's and others comments).

Regardless, I think that Gaz's comments are a deliberate effort to provide content for media. Furthermore, what Rein was quoted as saying was extremely understated. He was more than certainly led to make a comment on the Dragons poor points scoring record. He acknowledged it and know we have a story.

Guys like Marshall, Bennett, Hasler even Toovey choose their own headlines when giving an interview.

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
We won't get one of the aforementioned halfbacks off-contract thank God we still have Josh McCrone : /

dragonreddy

Juniors
On Gaz's premise that players who have options will not come to a club whose coach has a bad rep (amongst players), I can only determine that the clubs ability to sign good players like Nene Mac and Paul Vaughn on long contracts might mean that they've been told of the club's plans regarding who will be the long term coach.

This probably means dumping Mary is merely a formality (as per Doc's and others comments).

Regardless, I think that Gaz's comments are a deliberate effort to provide content for media. Furthermore, what Rein was quoted as saying was extremely understated. He was more than certainly led to make a comment on the Dragons poor points scoring record. He acknowledged it and know we have a story.

Guys like Marshall, Bennett, Hasler even Toovey choose their own headlines when giving an interview.

More like we threw more money at them than ever dreamed they would get ,as far as being good players ,let's wait and see how they fare in our wonderful setup , neither player has done anything remarkable to date.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
From my observation Gasnier's comments are a load of crap. The players go where the money is just like he did. The player rapport seems to be good and that is probably why
lately every junior offered a contract has resigned. Further Mc Gregor is ambivalent as to whether they win or lose so what cushier
environment could you have. However it is worrying the amount of players coming back from injury which includes Ah Mau, Garrick, Glymin, Hind, Masoe, Nightingale, Nona, Packer,Isaac Thompson plus injuries from training. I guess injuries will be another excuse that McGregor will use when the
losses build up again.