What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘He’s a coward’: Spud declares war on Gal

I don’t think we’ll be hearing from that mental midget “Spud” in regards to Gal again now that Gal’s lawyer has straightened him out.

I will also warn that this is a public forum and you better watch what you say here unless you have deep pockets.

betcats

Referee
$700,000 for a drug cheat. That will do me.....

Ive only just seen that Weidler article. If it is accurate Gallens denial these last few years is even more disgraceful, even more so if it is true that not all of those players who got bans have been paid out.

Lebbo73

Bench
Wasn’t tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, geez can’t wait for the usual reply’s like either was Armstrong blah blah blah
No player in the history of the sport ran for 200-300m per game and made 40-50 tackles per game. Gallen did this for over a decade and his club dabbled in peptides. This might be a coincidence. Although, it isn’t physically possible to get through the amount of work he did. Well it hadn’t been before this or since.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Manly were injecting calves blood.

It was publicised at the time. It was supposedly cutting edge and ok.

So it’s established that not all needles are a no no.

The same sport scientists is brought in at Cronulla. He tells the players it is ok, but keeps it secret from the club doctor. A player tells the club doctor what had happened. The club doctor stopped it.

It was an horrendous f**k up that has cost the club and individuals dearly. There were serious management failings and we’ve paid.

We should be on top of the world financially now, but the amount of money spent on this f**k up during a critical time in the development has f**ked us.

There is no value in making it out to be something it’s not. Unless you’re a 5 year old kid with no appreciation for nuance.

Its been long established that professional athletes are responsible for what goes into their bodies, not the sports scientist or the doctor or the manger or the coach or anyone else. They've been well educated on this. There is no excuse, some shady shit was going on and no one in the playing group really questioned it. And from what ive just read today it seems like Gal sought and received a payout from the club due to it. Ive always wondered why he would be so dirty on asada but never blame the club who was clearly negligent...now it seems like I know, he got paid a shit ton of money. And if it is true not all of the banned players got a payout(they would all be entitled to it the same as Gal) then Gallen has kept this payout a secret from some of his teammates.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Its been long established that professional athletes are responsible for what goes into their bodies, not the sports scientist or the doctor or the manger or the coach or anyone else. They've been well educated on this. There is no excuse, some shady shit was going on and no one in the playing group really questioned it. And from what ive just read today it seems like Gal sought and received a payout from the club due to it. Ive always wondered why he would be so dirty on asada but never blame the club who was clearly negligent...now it seems like I know, he got paid a shit ton of money. And if it is true not all of the banned players got a payout(they would all be entitled to it the same as Gal) then Gallen has kept this payout a secret from some of his teammates.

Didn’t the other blokes get a compensation pay out yonks ago.
Most of them are retired now.
Actually, all but Wade Graham are retired .

Generalzod

Immortal
No player in the history of the sport ran for 200-300m per game and made 40-50 tackles per game. Gallen did this for over a decade and his club dabbled in peptides. This might be a coincidence. Although, it isn’t physically possible to get through the amount of work he did. Well it hadn’t been before this or since.
Oh yes when Glen Lazarus played for 80 mins in an origin game everyone was amazed how he could to it right, after all he must have been on peptides aswell

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Didn’t the other blokes get a compensation pay out yonks ago.
Most of them are retired now.
Actually, all but Wade Graham are retired .

I dont know tbh im just going off the Weidler article which says some but not all of the other players got paid out, I am not taking that as set in stone though hence the "if it is true".

Quicksilver

Bench

yes, long established. We all know this very well because of the sharks incident, nearly 10 years ago now.

It doesn’t negate the fact that more than one party may have been misled.

The players have been punished, as has the club.

The players for unknowingly and unwittingly taking it, and the club for management failings.

I don’t know where the intention is in those charges but if you choose to believe it, good for you.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Hope you've got some spare cash mate.

myrrh ken

First Grade
What’s with all the litigation talk? Did Gal’s lawyer send a strongly worded letter to someone?
I'm just guessing how the compo talks begin, there has to be a basis for the payout.
Gal looks after Gal. He might go after Lebbo73 if he gets a whiff.

carcharias

Immortal
I dont know tbh im just going off the Weidler article which says some but not all of the other players got paid out, I am not taking that as set in stone though hence the "if it is true".

why do you care so much about Gallen?

I’d be looking for a shit load compensation too if I were him... so would you.
I don’t talk about how much I get paid to my closest mates.
You probably don’t either.
Gallen was the high profile face of that whole shit fight.
I can’t even remember the names of most of the other blokes.

He still cops it 10 years later even though he didn’t test positive to anything.
None of them did.
Hence the piss week backdated suspension.

betcats

Referee
why do you care so much about Gallen?

I’d be looking for a shit load compensation too if I were him... so would you.
I don’t talk about how much I get paid to my closest mates.
You probably don’t either.
Gallen was the high profile face of that whole shit fight.
I can’t even remember the names of most of the other blokes.

He still cops it 10 years later even though he didn’t test positive to anything.
None of them did.
Hence the piss week backdated suspension.

Hahaha still making excuses, maybe he should thank his lucky star they didnt lose that premiership for cheating the cap. He puts himself in the news questioning other peoples integrity and sticking up for a drug cheat and whinging about ASADA but I cant comment about it? How precious.

carcharias

Immortal
Hahaha still making excuses, maybe he should thank his lucky star they didnt lose that premiership for cheating the cap. He puts himself in the news questioning other peoples integrity and sticking up for a drug cheat and whinging about ASADA but I cant comment about it? How precious.

did he stick up for a drug cheat?
Are you sure?

betcats

Referee
did he stick up for a drug cheat?
Are you sure?

It seemed that way to me. He certainly used Xerri's situation to push his own personal agenda against ASADA. Either way he should piss off this victim mentality he has and be thankful he still has a career after being part of two cheating scandals.

myrrh ken

First Grade
It seemed that way to me. He certainly used Xerri's situation to push his own personal agenda against ASADA. Either way he should piss off this victim mentality he has and be thankful he still has a career after being part of two cheating scandals.

I think you're relying on the spud carroll version. At no point does he stick up for Xerri.

He's annoyed at ASADA. It took 6 months for them to announce the results. He talks about the risks of an enhanced Xerri playing round 2 and injuring someone. He talks about how the Sharks could have kept JMoz with the insinaution that Xerri is not coming back.

James Graham says exactly the same thing.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3bbc014f7231939febfeaf5eaef20bb0

carcharias

Immortal

he didn’t stick up xerri if that’s what you reckon.
He made that part clear.

He questioned the timing and the length of time it took to announce it.
A fair f**king question too.
The same question every single commentator asked.
Then they blamed bushfires and COVID
HAHA

Latest posts