What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

👊🏽 OT - THE GRAND FINAL THREAD 👊🏽

PJ

First Grade
Has there ever been a comp where a GF team has had 50 or more put on them twice in a year? And a 50 pt and 44 pt loss?

Can't remember a season I have enjoyed less with rule changes at the drop of a hat, teams in contention able to recruit a SOS level player with just weeks to go and the general crap level of many of the teams.

Barely watched a game the last half of the season and didn't manage even half of any of the finals where normally I'd watch them all.

Didn't miss it either.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Has there ever been a comp where a GF team has had 50 or more put on them twice in a year? And a 50 pt and 44 pt loss?

Can't remember a season I have enjoyed less with rule changes at the drop of a hat, teams in contention able to recruit a SOS level player with just weeks to go and the general crap level of many of the teams.

Barely watched a game the last half of the season and didn't manage even half of any of the finals where normally I'd watch them all.

Didn't miss it either.

It's been a soft comp. Never more obvious after the finals started when the gulf between top 4 and the rest truly emerged.

Phuque Penrith!

It's been a soft comp. Never more obvious after the finals started when the gulf between top 4 and the rest truly emerged.

Phuque Penrith!
worst side in 20 years to win the comp.
that team gets bitch slapped to the back fence by every previous winner.

should have thanked the refereeing department in their victory speech for all the times they got 6 again during the season coming out of their own end when their shitty go forward was exposed. along with a plethora of other favouritism.

enjoy the hollow victory.
dragged to the finish line in a desperate bid to give this team stardom.

#softcomp

shadowboxer

First Grade
Sound like a sore loser but spot on - rub if green should be changed to rub of the chocolate soldier…. Yeah not going there.
For a team I had plenty of time for over the years debuting the same time as us and the Lang era there, they are nothing of that calibre now. Probally a sign of the times but when the coach admitted he couldn’t have coped if the team hadn’t got the win last night… sign of desperation.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Panthers deserved the trophy for mine, they were the best side for a long time and fell away towards the end but did enough to beat the good teams and thats all it takes. Very similar to our 16' year, although I think our side would have beaten that mob. The GF was very underwhelming as a game, both teams looked gassed from very early on.

Generalzod

Immortal
Panthers deserved the trophy for mine, they were the best side for a long time and fell away towards the end but did enough to beat the good teams and thats all it takes. Very similar to our 16' year, although I think our side would have beaten that mob. The GF was very underwhelming as a game, both teams looked gassed from very early on.
God knows what it would have been like if it was held in Sydney, It would have been the bulldogs all over again.
Even the media was going for a South Sydney win...

snout

First Grade

Didn't miss it either.
First time eva a teams had 50 put on them during the season and made the GF.

Storm were the best team.
Again.
So bellamy would be furious they didn't turn up in the prelimin.
He would be ropeable Munster saved his worst for that game.
And he wouldve headbutted someone when he saw him doing blow on social media....shows where his head was the night before.
A video showing belly's call to Munster would be better viewing than the other one.

And ld say the cheese thinking he was Bellamy's funny little mate?.... that relationship will have changed dramatically since the vid was released. Cheddar man won't be putting rocks in Craig's bags for a while.

First time eva a teams had 50 put on them during the season and made the GF.

Storm were the best team.
Again.
So bellamy would be furious they didn't turn up in the prelimin.
He would be ropeable Munster saved his worst for that game.
And he wouldve headbutted someone when he saw him doing blow on social media....shows where his head was the night before.
A video showing belly's call to Munster would be better viewing than the other one.

And ld say the cheese thinking he was Bellamy's funny little mate?.... that relationship will have changed dramatically since the vid was released. Cheddar man won't be putting rocks in Craig's bags for a while.
I didn't watch the whole game but the 25 minutes of the prelim I saw Melbourne were up against an 8m defensive line.

stiffles ones attack significantly particularly under fatigue.

I'd be more pissed off about that.

Melbourne were better than Penrith all year bar 1 game and Penrith get 6 in team of the year?

NRL/Penrith jerkfest.
Hopefully we are done with that now.
Next....

Blues Riff

Bench
lol you're easily amused num nuts lol.
Just maybe lol, those who were interested moved seats lol you know, so they could f**king see. lol.

lol you're easily amused num nuts lol.
Just maybe lol, those who were interested moved seats lol you know, so they could f**king see. lol.
Yeah! Moved seats to go home. Haha! IMO In a normal year GF between two sydney teams in Brisbane would draw even less crowd than the 25 % restricted crowd that was there. Still Dont like to end on negative note . Qld saved the NRL GF.... Entire 2021 Season actually.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Comp has been weak since 2015 or so. This year is the same but no one cares
Nah mate…..this year was far weaker and more lopsided than ever before. Never has a team made the semis winning just 10 games. It was obvious that only 3 sides maybe 4 could possibly win the comp a long way out. Congratulations to the Pennies for winning the comp but even they were very underwhelming throughout the semis by their own standards. I think they scored 6 tries in their 4 finals games. Their defence won them the comp and good luck to them but the GF was a yawnathon imo.