What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0 (nil) Scorelines

Jono078

Referee
I can't remember a season having so many games where a team has failed to score points.

Any stats buffs out there know which season has had the most nil scorelines since the NRL started ?

Deacon

First Grade
pretty sure there was more a few yrs ago, think roosters did it 4 or 5 times alone

Rebel

First Grade
Warriors hadn't been held to nip for 6 years.
Then it happens twice in a month

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
There's only been 6-7 nil scorelines this year. As has been said, Roosters did it 4-5 times in their premiership year so unless no other team did it that year I'd think it's safe to say that year would outdo this one (so far).

TheFrog

Coach
I can't remember a season having so many games where a team has failed to score points.

Any stats buffs out there know which season has had the most nil scorelines since the NRL started ?

There have been 7 this year and there were 8 last year.

In 2013 there were 12, including one in the finals.

2012- 7.

2011- 6. This is the last time there were less nil scores than this season.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Funny the Roosters had so many shutouts in 2013 yet their defense is actually better on average points conceded this year.

Scary actually..

carcharias

Immortal
I have played in a nil all grand final
C grade
After extra time

We had to share the premiership
The joint ( kogarah ) was a mud pit.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Funny the Roosters had so many shutouts in 2013 yet their defense is actually better on average points conceded this year.

Scary actually..

Read last night too that we're the only team this year to not have lost by double digits so far

Jono078

Referee
Was going to create a new thread about blowouts and nil score lines but LU showed that I had done this previously!

I’ve been hating it. Such a shit competition this year.

There’s been 11 blowouts going on 12 tonight, so far. And we’re 16 rounds in. Absolutely nuts.

undertaker

Coach
Was going to create a new thread about blowouts and nil score lines but LU showed that I had done this previously!

I’ve been hating it. Such a shit competition this year.

There’s been 11 blowouts going on 12 tonight, so far. And we’re 16 rounds in. Absolutely nuts.
Whose fault is it that a team can't score a single point in 80 minutes of football? Maybe that team needs to look at its own inept performances.

simmo05

Bench
Whose fault is it that a team can't score a single point in 80 minutes of football? Maybe that team needs to look at its own inept performances.
Na it's more than that now. There has and always will be shit sides every year, but this is different

mxlegend99

Referee
Last night we had 2x games decided by field goals. Tonight more than 100 points decided the games played so far.