What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R2 Sat :: Panthers 16 Raiders 20 @ CUA

Round 2 Result - Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

pen-main.jpg

Penrith
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Rooney, 3. Brad Tighe, 4. Michael Jennings, 5. Mark O'Halloran
6. Maurice Blair, 7. Jarrod Sammut
8. Brendan Worth, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Petero Civoniceva (C)
11. Trent Waterhouse, 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Nathan Smith​

Int - 14. Paul Aiton, 15. Tony Puletua, 16. Adam Woolnough, 17. Frank Puletua
Res - 18. Matthew Bell​

can-main.jpg

Canberra
1. William Zillman
2. Colin Best, 3. Phil Graham, 4. Joel Monaghan, 5. Adrian Purtell
6. Terry Campese, 7. Todd Carney
8. Troy Thompson, 9. Lincoln Withers, 10. Scott Logan
11. Marshall Chalk, 12. Nigel Plum
13. Alan Tongue (c)​

Int - 14. Joe Picker, 15. Josh Miller, 16. Dane Tilse, 17. Michael Weyman
Res - 18. Trevor Thurling​

ref-orange.jpg

Referee
Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis and Bernard Suttor
Video Referee: Graeme West​

Statistically speaking
Head to head
Played 51, 25-all (1 drawn)
At CUA
Played 22, Panthers 13 Raiders 8 (1 drawn)
Last met
2007 R20 :: Panthers 34-30 @ Canberra

SCHEDULE
3:15pm Gates Open
3:25pm Toyota Cup Panthers v Raiders
5:30pm NRL Panthers v Raiders​

RELATED MATCHES All times local
TOYOTA CUP U20's - Panthers v Raiders @ CUA, Sat 3:30pm
NSW CUP - Windsor v Sharks @ Windsor, Sun 3:00pm
SG BALL - Panthers v Raiders @ CUA, Sat Time TBA
HAROLD MATTHEWS - Panthers v Raiders @ CUA, Sat Time TBA​

Timmah

Staff member
Canberra

1. William Zillman, 2. Colin Best, 3. Phil Graham, 4. Joel Monaghan, 5. Adrian Purtell, 6. Terry Campese, 7. Todd Carney, 8. Troy Thompson, 9. Lincoln Withers, 10. Scott Logan, 11. Marshall Chalk, 12. Nigel Plum, 13. Alan Tongue (c)
Int - 14. Joe Picker, 15. Josh Miller, 16. Dane Tilse, 17. Michael Weyman; Res - 18. Trevor Thurling
from www.rleague.com

Timmah

Staff member
Penrith from http://penrith.panthers.com.au

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Luke Rooney 3. Brad Tighe 4. Michael Jennings 5. Mark O'Halloran 6. Maurice Blair 7. Jarrod Sammut 8. Brendan Worth 9. Luke Priddis 10. Petero Civoniceva (C) 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Nathan Smith
Int - 14. Paul Aiton 15. Tony Puletua 16. Adam Woolnough 17. Frank Puletua; Res - 18. Matthew Bell

Penrith should win but lol at their halves. Both pretty good young players but they should definately not be playing next to each other in the 6 & 7

abpanther

Staff member
gorilla with a shotgun said:
Penrith should win but lol at their halves. Both pretty good young players but they should definately not be playing next to each other in the 6 & 7

What makes you think we're gonna win that piece of sh*t team that we selected??

Canberra by 30

abpanther said:
What makes you think we're gonna win that piece of sh*t team that we selected??

Canberra by 30

4 reasons

- Canberra's away record
- Lincoln Withers
- Carney + Campese in the halves together
- Lincoln Withers

Lime_Green

Juniors
I think both sets of fans are expecting a rout by the other side which is amusing. :)

It's a hard one to predict IMO. In this weeks tipping I'll tip the Raiders because they're obviously my team, but if I was tipping impartially I'd have to go with Panthers just because the Raiders are so woeful away from home.

In saying that CUA stadium is a less daunting prospect than Energy Australia stadium and we did manage a win there last year.

On paper our halves should whip Sammut and Blair...if they don't questions will be asked and I'd expect one of them to be travelling up to Souths Logan in R3.

mxlegend99

Referee
wittyfan said:
Very much an early play-off for the spoon.
True.

Had Panthers beaten the Raiders at CUA stadium last year, the spoon would have gone to them and we would have finished one win clear.

Panthers are going to lose this one and should be odds on favorites for the spoon by a clear margin IMO. I'm tipping Raiders at 13+.

Raider_69

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
True.

Had Panthers beaten the Raiders at CUA stadium last year, the spoon would have gone to them and we would have finished one win clear.

If penrith had of beaten us last year whats to say it wouldnt have been the rocket canberra needed to on and win the premiership?
absurd suggestion tbh.

skeepe

Immortal
I Bleed Green said:
You never freaking learn, do you? :roll:

Apologies sir. I will make sure I constrain my support and belief in my team as set out in the approved "Supporting the Team Guidelines, vol 7".

I wouldnt worry about it too much Skeepe, if he wants to be an old grandma and take some stupid form of moral high ground when some get a little over enthusiastic let him, at the end of the day he is the one left looking stupid.

Latest posts