What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R3 Fri :: Eels 24 Knights 23 @ Parramatta

Round 3 Result :: Eels v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

par-main.jpg

Parramatta
1. Luke Burt
2. Taulima Tautai, 3. Joel Reddy, 4. Jarryd Hayne, 5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Finch, 7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless [c], 9. Mark Riddell, 10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh, 12. Daniel Wagon
13. Feleti Mateo

Int - 14. Matt Keating, 15. Josh Cordoba, 16. Todd Lowrie, 17. Weller Hauraki​

nwc-main.jpg

Newcastle
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus, 3. Wes Naiqama, 4. Keith Lulia, 5. Cooper Vuna
6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Scott Dureau
8. Daniel Tolar, 9. Danny Buderus (C), 10. Jesse Royal
11. Chris Houston, 12. Cameron Ciraldo
13. Zeb Taia

Int - 14. Matt Hilder, 15. Cory Paterson, 16. Richard Fa’aoso, 17. Danny Wicks
Res - 18. Adam MacDougall

ref-whiteblk.jpg

Referee
Tony Archer
Sideline Officials: Gerard Sutton & Russell Turner
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Statistically speaking
Head to head
Played 35, Knights 18 Eels 16 (1 drawn)
At Parramatta
Played 17, Eels 11 Knights 5 (1 drawn)
Last met
2007 R17 :: Knights 34-10 @ Parramatta

SCHEDULE
5:15pm Gates Open
5:20pm Toyota Cup Eels v Knights
7:35pm NRL Eels v Knights​

RELATED MATCHES All times local
TOYOTA CUP U20's - Eels v Knights @ Parramatta, 5:20pm Fri
NSW CUP - Bulldogs v Wentworthville @ Crest, Sat
NSW CUP - Auckland v Central Knights @ Henham, Sat
SG BALL - Knights v Eels @ The Gardens, Sat 4:30pm
HAROLD MATTHEWS - Knights v Eels @ The Gardens, Sat 3:00pm​

Jono078

Referee
Gonna be a good game.

Parra will be fired up after an embarassing performance the other day and their first real home game.

If teams stay same as last week, i'll go with Knights 23-16.

Apey

Staff member
No idea, we beat them last year at Parra with a sh*tter team, but that doesn't mean anything really. If we play well defensively I think we can scrap another win but it will be tough either way.

Knights 22 - 20 (wishful thinking)

keeney

First Grade
I think the Eels will have our measure, but I went with the bias of selecting us in the poll.
It won't be a blowout, our defense has proven sturdy enough over the last 2 weeks.

Eels 24 - Knights 22.

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel the Eels have a point to prove after this week, and are on paper a more complete side. Plus we've struggled to capitalise on our opportunities.

Timmah

Staff member
1. Luke Burt
2. Taulima Tautai
3. Joel Reddy
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Finch
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless [c]
9. Mark Riddell
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Daniel Wagon
13. Feleti Mateo

Interchange
14. Matt Keating
15. Josh Cordoba
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Weller Hauraki

Eels lineup from www.parraeels.com.au

Bicey_18

Bench
On paper you would think Parra would be too good.. but I dunno. Last year with an even worse side we managed a 34-10 win at Parra but no doubts this will be alot closer... I guess it comes down to attitude and enthusiasm.. will be a good game, close either way imo.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
On paper you would think Parra would be too good.. but I dunno. Last year with an even worse side we managed a 34-10 win at Parra but no doubts this will be alot closer... I guess it comes down to attitude and enthusiasm.. will be a good game, close either way imo.
That game last year was played after Parra had something like 17 days off between games, so naturally they lacked match fitness, i knew they'd loose that one. Imo Parra will struggle on Friday, Newcastle are in better form and Parra always take away to jit there straps. Close game, Newcastle 24-20.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Squeels fielding close to their full strength squad.

Should be a cracker.

Knights by 6.
Your kidding right? We have still Inu, Robinson and Ben Smith to come back, all walk up starters to first grade.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ron Jeremy said:
Your kidding right? We have still Inu, Robinson and Ben Smith to come back, all walk up starters to first grade
Inu and Smith - yes. Don't rate Robinson tbh

Hanscholo

Bench
Hard one to call. Parra on paper should win, they arent in good form. Newcastle's form has not been great either to be frank but they have managed to get the results. I think it will come down to possession.

From the knights perspective i like the look of having a crack at parra down the Hayne/ Grothe side of the field. Hayne is new there, and Grothe likes to come in at a moments notice. Newcastle got them last year by holding onto the ball, parra spilt the pill a lot. I can recall Hindmarsh saying Newcastle played a boring game, well it was raining if i recall so i thought our tactics suited the occassion.

Hagan is predictable. He will run Mateo at our Halves ( hence why smith is considering using Bailey ). Once he has some momentum he will hit the Newcastle left with some decoys and a cut out pass to the winger. If parra get control of the ruck it could be a long night for Newcastle. Pardon the pun....

I expect a pretty tight game tbh, with a lot of ruck penalties in particular against Newcastle.

Timmah

Staff member
1. Kurt Gidley, 2. James McManus, 3. Wes Naiqama, 4. Keith Lulia, 5. Cooper Vuna, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Scott Dureau, 8. Daniel Tolar, 9. Danny Buderus (C), 10. Jesse Royal, 11. Chris Houston, 12. Cameron Ciraldo, 13. Zeb Taia
Int - 14. Matt Hilder, 15. Cory Paterson, 16. Richard Fa’aoso, 17. Danny Wicks; Res - 18. Adam MacDougall

from media release

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jobdog said:
And RJ, he did say close to full-strength ...
Yeah close, every side seems to be close to full strength, but hardly any side are full strength at the one time. Just thought the point irrelevant. Newcastle are close to full strength lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jobdog said:
Inu and Smith - yes. Don't rate Robinson tbh
You might not, but why don't you venture over to the Parra forum and see whether we rate him lol He's our second best back rower.

Grail

Juniors
The Eels can't play like pre pubescent girls 2 weeks running can they? Tim back, Eels by 18