What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
Problem was with the 1,6 and 7 tonight. Everyone else actually had pretty decent games, these 3 were very ordinary. How much ball did our centres get? Barely any, but when they did they made half breaks at least. Mullen in for Campese next game, Gidley out for Patten, Wallace stays but just.

Based on tonight, how does Wallace hold his place whilst Campo gets dumped? :lol:
Both were terrible but no doubts campo was marginally better.

Campo/Mullen imo

way to selective quote
i think you'll find many agreeing with me. He was garbage, but was the best of our halves, he at least looked threatening... Wallace was dire. Farah did nothing.
Campo being the best is no compliment, he was f**king ordinary. He was the best in a very VERY rubbish lot

if he doesnt hold his spot i wouldnt complain but i think of all the halves he probably deserves to most

and who would you put there , Mullen cant defend and thats where Campo is very good.

Raider_69

Post Whore
farah wasn't horrible.

campese on the other hand was a massive blunder. the bloke offered nothing at all.

Not going to argue Campo wasnt bad, he was.
But he was sure as hell better then Wallace.
I wouldnt complain if he didnt get picked for game 2 though...

TLL is a Blue... Pick him

RABK

Referee
Mullen is the best player NSW have got... shocking he was laying on a couch with his girlfriend rachel tonight.

Stupid bellamy.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Based on tonight, how does Wallace hold his place whilst Campo gets dumped? :lol:
Both were terrible but no doubts campo was marginally better.

Campo/Mullen imo

Big fan of Campese but he is clearly out of form at the moment. Wallace only stays because the only real alternative is Orford (baring in mind Mullen shouldn't be halfback).

perverse

Referee
how was campese marginally better when he did absolutely zero? at least wallace directed play a bit. i didn't think it was possible to do less than nothing until i watched campese in origin.

snogard6

Juniors
all bias aside, with the ease at which QLD dominated in the forwards, Tom Learoyd Lahrs is a must for game 2. He has size, strenght and leg drive beyond anything NSW have right now, he can take it too the QLD'ers and then some.
You Nuffy Lahrs is a QLDER, next thing you will say is bring in HERBERT.

P.S. Campo was absolutly crap and should be first player cut and never brought back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big fan of Campese but he is clearly out of form at the moment. Wallace only stays because the only real alternative is Orford (baring in mind Mullen shouldn't be halfback).

Campo/Mullen can get the job done but Campo did nothing but slightly out play Wallace to deserve a jersey in game 2. So who knows

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont think they'll change the side much.

It was fairly close in the end, despite they were totally outplayed by the experience of QLD.

Our 1,6,7 and 9 was so inexperienced. But they'll get better, well I hope so anyway.

Farah, Wallace and Campese massive improvements needed.

But I think the forwards needs a bit more toughness. Kite and Bailey went missing.

If Wing wasnt playing I dont think the score wouldve been closer. Great move from Bellamy puting him on when it was needed.

Raider_69

Post Whore
how was campese marginally better when he did absolutely zero? at least wallace directed play a bit. i didn't think it was possible to do less than nothing until i watched campese in origin.

his side was the only side that looked like they were trying. Campo put on our only legitimate try (aside from the hayne no try), with a good kick, the rest came off lucky rebounds
the entire right side was ordinary, all game

Campo did something, it wasnt much and it wasnt enough to make game 2 imo but it was something, but wallace was far worse

and for the last time
TLL IS A BLUE :crazy:
Its been cleared up. Clear, cut and dry. NSW
Pick him

Downie

Guest Moderator
Our prop rotation went fine tonight. We weren't getting dominated in the forwards, it was just dropped ball and luck (that penalty for Hayne taking out Folau was rubbish) that kept Queensland on the front foot.

The_Mo

Juniors
wallace = joke, gidley = joke, campese = massive joke. mcmanus, who the hell is he anyway? dunno why you are all bagging out farah, he did more than both of the supposed halves put together.

i enjoyed nsw's forwards game (i wouldnt say they dominated qld, but they played better in that department). poore, o'donnell, creagh were outstanding. weyman took a while to get going but he went well once he did get going.

hayne, wing, and i hate to say it but lyon, were the only things nsw had going for them backs-wise. jennings was ordinary, but i think he needed to be given space. to be fair to gidley, i think he hasnt taken the captaincy well, and his game suffered because of that.

qld were just qld.

thats my opinion. ;)