What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R1 :: Sat :: Bulldogs 34 Sea Eagles 12 @ ANZ

09 Round 1 :: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Gates open 5:15pm local time​

bul-main.jpg

BULLDOGS
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Jamal Idris, 5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts, 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant, 9. Michael Ennis, 10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton, 12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

Interchange: 14. Lee Te Maari, 15. Chris Armit, 16. John Kite, 17. Ben Barba​

man-main.jpg

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson, 3. Jamie Lyon, 4. Steve Matai, 5. Andrew Suniula
6. Chris Bailey, 7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Brent Kite, 9. Matt Ballin, 10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough, 12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Heath L’Estrange, 15. Jason King, 16. Adam Cuthbertson, 17. Shane Rodney
Reserves: 18. Shane Neumann​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins
Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: David Abood & Adam Reid
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup
Bulldogs v Manly Warringah
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, Saturday 5:15pm​

NSW Cup
Bankstown (BUL) v Wentworthville (PAR)
The Crest Stadium, Bass Hill NSW, Saturday 3:00pm​

QLD Cup
Sunshine Coast (MAN) v Redcliffe
Stockland Park, Kawana Waters QLD, Saturday 2:05pm​

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Shoulder injury rules out Manly's David 'Wolfman' Williams
By Dean Ritchie
March 05, 2009

Manly's star winger, David "Wolfman" Williams, is likely to miss the first five rounds of this season with a shoulder injury.

Williams sustained the damage in Manly's 28-20 win over English champions Leeds in the World Club Challenge last Monday morning. It's not known if Williams will require surgery.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler will use either new recruit Tony Williams or Michael Bani as Williams' wing replacement.

Manly arrived home yesterday from England with off-contract Williams hoping to have his future secured shortly.

"I tried to leave that all at home while I was in the UK and hopefully it will be all sorted out in the next few weeks," he said.

"I don't know if I'll have something sorted out before the season kicks off but it would be nice so I could then concentrate on things. I certainly won't be looking at the UK -- not at this stage of my career."

Meanwhile, Hasler was expecting rival teams to push Manly throughout the season and he even nominated South Sydney as a dark horse.

"They showed some good signs last year, they're a big side and have great defence and good young blokes like (Chris) Sandow and (Issac) Luke and John Sutton," Hasler said. "I think John Sutton is the key for them.

"He just has to play consistent footy and I think he's a real talent.

"They'll really test some sides. I'm surprised people aren't rating them and a few experts have left them out of the eight."

Manly fullback Brett Stewart is coy about the chance of securing back-to-back premierships.

"We aren't getting ahead of ourselves," Stewart said.

"There is still a lot of football ahead of us."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25140824-23214,00.html

effnic

Bench
Meh a round one loss wouldnt bother me i think the doggies need it more than us, some sort of false hope for them to hang onto for the rest of the year.lol. But in saying that i cant see us losing to such a pathetic looking side, only some sort of fluke will help them.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I think this will be a close one. Dogs will be primed for a big start to the season after the way they played last year. Hopefully Manly will build on their good form in England.

Timmah

Staff member
There's no way Manly will win by plenty any more, but it will be a close tough game and I'm actually going for a low-scorer. Bulldogs 16-14 or something like that, only 2 points. We should get home IMO.

thommo4pm

Coach
Can't see Manly losing, I saw the Dogs play us down at Wollongong a few weeks back and they struggled to score points that night.

Manly will do this easily.

Latest posts