What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R16 Fri :: Tigers 10 Dragons 21 @ SFS

Round 16 :: Tigers v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-wst-alt2.jpg

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Taniela Tuiaki 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan
6. John Morris 7. Benji Marshall
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah 10. John Skandalis
11. Gareth Ellis 12. Todd Payten
13. Corey Payne

Interchange: 14. Danny Galea 15. Dene Halatau 16. Daine Laurie 17. Rhys Hanbury
Reserves: 18. Alan Schirnack

teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris 3. Jason Nightingale 4. Matt Cooper 5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby
8. Justin Poore 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman
11. Jarrod Saffy 12. Ben Creagh
13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Matt Prior 16. Dan Hunt 17. Mathew Head
Reserves: 18. Trent Merrin 19. Chase Stanley 20. Luke Priddis

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jason Robinson & Tony De Las Heras
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall & Mohamad Fajajo
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 16
Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra
Sydney Football Stadium, Friday 5:20pm

Arrive Alive Cup Tier A, Round 1
Westfield Sports High v Hunter Sports High
Sydney Football Stadium, Friday 3:50pm

NSW Cup Round 14
Shellharbour City (STG) v Western Suburbs (WST)
Ron Costello Oval, Saturday 3:30pm

Windsor (PEN) v Balmain-Ryde Eastwood (WST)
Windsor Sports Complex, Saturday 5:00pm

r16-wststi.jpg

Last edited:
We've got a great record against the Dragons in recent years, plus Gaz isn't there to score his usual 5 tries again us. Big chance of a boil over here.

thommo4pm

Coach
I know the Tigers have some injury problems, we've got a couple also.
Jeremy Smith was originally due back for this match, but is now back in Round 20.
Beau Scott is out for 6 weeks.
Matt Prior is due back.
And we have at least 4 Origin players backing up.

We don't have a great record against the Tigers at the best of times in recent history.
Very nervous about this game, despite the Tigers injury concerns I really think they might trouble us.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
We've got a great record against the Dragons in recent years, plus Gaz isn't there to score his usual 5 tries again us. Big chance of a boil over here.
We don't have Gaz to let in 5 down our right side either.

Scott being injured has thrown this game wide open IMO, he's our rock down the right side, I still don't think the Tigers have the mettle to stick it out with us over the full 80, but any side with Farah, Benji and Lawrence cannot be taken lightly. Ellis looked to be in a bit of pain during the game, it'll be interesting to see how he pulls up, if he's out I can't see the Tigers matching us up front.

Danger game for the Dragons.

We're a bogey team and we play a brand of footy that could trouble the Dragons.

The Tigers are quite tough to strangle down so it'll be interesting to see what Bennet comes up with.

I think the Dragons will take this one out but they certainly won't beat the Tigers easily. The thing about Wests is that they have only lost many of their games by small margins, if they won some of these tight tussles then they would be on the brink of the eight, if not in it. Saints will be too classy. Dragons by 8.

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
There's a saying that felines have nine lives - the Tigers have used up most of them with just a 1-6 record in the past seven games, although they could easily have won a few more. I'll give the Tigers a chance as the Dragons could perhaps suffer a letdown match - though the Gold Coast game was exactly that - but smart money is on the Dragons.

tiger_nick

Bench
I know the Tigers have some injury problems, we've got a couple also.
Jeremy Smith was originally due back for this match, but is now back in Round 20.
Beau Scott is out for 6 weeks.
Matt Prior is due back.
And we have at least 4 Origin players backing up.

We don't have a great record against the Tigers at the best of times in recent history.
Very nervous about this game, despite the Tigers injury concerns I really think they might trouble us.

mate you know of all people im up for a tigers/dragons slanging match

however i can safely say we have next to no chance of getting anywhere near you guys, let alone winning

all 4 of your origin players could be ruled out and i still wouldnt get excited about us winning

we are seriously THAT bad and you guys are playing THAT good

we have the worst set of forwards in the nrl without galloway and heighington whilst the dragons have probably the best

im tipping dragons by 30 here, 50 if farah doesnt play

Jono1987

Juniors
Blah bloody Tigpies. Definitely a bogey team of ours. Not going to take them lightly but this is really a game we should win and unless Benji decides to have a cracker I think we'll get away with pretty easily.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Something I found out is that we've only beaten the Tigs once when Benji has played (40-32 in early 2005). On all other occasions we've lost, and beaten them when he hasn't played. We also havent beaten them at all since 2006.

It will be a good game, we won't win as easy as many have suggested. If Benji and Farah can conjure up something, Tigs are a chance. Otherwise, its Dragons 1-12 for me.

thommo4pm

Coach
mate you know of all people im up for a tigers/dragons slanging match

however i can safely say we have next to no chance of getting anywhere near you guys, let alone winning

all 4 of your origin players could be ruled out and i still wouldnt get excited about us winning

we are seriously THAT bad and you guys are playing THAT good

we have the worst set of forwards in the nrl without galloway and heighington whilst the dragons have probably the best

im tipping dragons by 30 here, 50 if farah doesnt play

haha...yes I know you love it as much as I do. ;-)

But I'm seriously concerned in this game.
I agree with you that if the form lines from this season stay true, we should win....however your style of play has worried us big time in seasons gone by.
Hopefully Bennett will overcome that, as Nathan Brown sure as hell couldn't.

Unfortunately for us Paea is out with a virus, and had been in hospital.
Jon Green from the bench doesn't offer us what Paea does.

I'm glad for our sake that Collis is still out. I do rate him.

Sir Biffo

Bench
I have a feeling the Tigers will win this one IF Robbie Farah plays.

Tigers by 10 if Farah is right.

If not, I think we'll sneak home by 6.

He makes that much of a difference. Although some of that difference is mitigated by John Morris moving out of the halves.

Latest posts