What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R16 Fri :: Tigers 10 Dragons 21 @ SFS

Round 16 :: Tigers v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
perhaps i am coloured by the fact i really wanted to crush the Tigers to piss off my mate :sarcasm:

but yes our defence was awesome as a whole.

Me too. After the 3rd try I told my mate he may as well go home and watch the '05 game again.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Morris actually created an overlap on his own tonight...too bad he murdered it in the same motion.

We are a pathetic team. Absolute sh*t. I'm sick of the press this team gets about being entertainers, Farah is the only consistent creative player in our side and he can't do it all on his own every week. Marshall is the most inconsistent player in the comp. Out of our forwards, Ellis is the only one with any impact.

Guys like Morris, Payne, Gibbs and Halatau are just f**king pathetic and IMO would not make first grade at any other club in the NRL. Yet no matter how mediocre they are our merkin of a coach just picks them in first grade, week after week.

That is four years without finals football. How Sheens still has his job is beyond me, its a sick joke.

Kiki

First Grade
Only reason I watch other teams play tbh...

lol. Don't tell me you have Hot Bitch as (c).

WELL we decided to do a scientific experiment

we have one team picked purely on likeability (the wildcats)...and its filled with alot of Dragons coz u know, they are the most likeable team in the comp.

our other team is picked purely on hotness (the hottie mchothots..hahaha). coops is in this team and he has been captain but isn't always.

sassy and lozzy look after the teams im not allowed near it.

Mary

Juniors
Tuiaki and Ellis best for Tigers. Creagh for the Dragons, plenty of other good performances out there for the Saints though, especially in defense.

thommo4pm

Coach
Tigers are just missing far too many players to remain competitive. With that said, if they played with some structure they'd be good.

They had 3 blokes out.
Collis, Galloway and Heighnington.

Saints had Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott & Mickey Paea out along with 4 blokes backing up from Origin.
And played with 16 blokes for the majority of the match, losing Weyman very early.

thommo4pm

Coach
Morris actually created an overlap on his own tonight...too bad he murdered it in the same motion.

We are a pathetic team. Absolute sh*t. I'm sick of the press this team gets about being entertainers, Farah is the only consistent creative player in our side and he can't do it all on his own every week. Marshall is the most inconsistent player in the comp. Out of our forwards, Ellis is the only one with any impact.

Guys like Morris, Payne, Gibbs and Halatau are just f**king pathetic and IMO would not make first grade at any other club in the NRL. Yet no matter how mediocre they are our merkin of a coach just picks them in first grade, week after week.

That is four years without finals football. How Sheens still has his job is beyond me, its a sick joke.

I agree with most of that.
Marshall was horrible last night, maybe there is too much pressure on him to do things I'm not sure.

The forward pack is pretty poor though.
Ellis was the only danger as you said.
Gibbs & Skandalis are not up too it.
Payne lost his confidence in 2006 and has not regained it.
Laurie was well and truly contained last night.

Taniela was easily your best last night, he was damaging every time he ran the ball....he played very well.

Red Bear

Referee
I thought Skando went allright, made 143m not too bad considering he was meant to be a Magpies player this year

skeepe

Immortal
Anybody doubting that Robert Finch is truly incompetent in his role as referees boss need only to look at Jason Robinson last night.

They had 3 blokes out.

Saints had Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott & Mickey Paea out along with 4 blokes backing up from Origin.
And played with 16 blokes for the majority of the match, losing Weyman very early.

And Peni Tagive.

We're starting to get our players back now, but it's just too little too late.

Kiki

First Grade
They had 3 blokes out.

yah exactly.

Rovelli

Bench
Refs really tried to help the Tigers, but the Dragons' D was far too strong. Tigers didn't really offer much out wide after a poor first-half, reverting to runs up the centre of the field.

And Brett Morris scored that try in the corner late in the game. Just couldn't see why Robinson could not have gone to the square to confirm that it was a try. Dragons march on.

Red Bear

Referee
I suspect the loss of Galloway and Heigninton in particular is probably more important to the tigers than the loss of Scott, Paea and Smith is to the Dragons, due the dragons decent depth compared with the Tigers.

The loss of Galloway in particular has been biting, and a back row of heigning ellis and payten is far stronger than one with payne in the side.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Payten has been absolute rubbish this season. Another one that should probably be shown the door (at his age), along with Gibbs, Halatau and Payne.

Too much deadwood and mediocre players - most of them signed and/or retained in first grade by Sheens.

Realistically, if you were trying to build a side at the Tigers, there are plenty of empty spaces:

2. Tuiaki
4. Lawrence
6. Marshall
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Heighington

14. Moltzen (not a fullback, probably best in the centres)
17. Laurie (work in progress)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I agree, I was only using the established players. To fill that side.

The rest can be filled with youngsters, and new signings (not that we will probably have many of them).

We need a fullback, halfback and a prop DESPERATELY.

Latest posts