What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 good point and 1 bad one

simon says

First Grade
Wasnt it great to finally see some go forward from our pack.Skandy,Gibbs,Lima,Boof,Graham,Sattler all made great metres.Much more than Manly.We would get our ball off our line and hit it up into Manly's territory.Great stuff.And I must congratulate Mears and Farah for some clever work to keep our forward roll going.Great work.

Now on the negative side.We really must work on our marker defense.Manly made too much easy ground from simple plays.Our defense was tight in the line,but around the play the ball it was woeful.Randall made us look soft several times.I dont know how many times both markers went the same way.....one left and one right fellers.

If we dont clear this up,Penrith will have a field day.

HappyTiger

Juniors
They just tore us up down the right side where Fitzy and Reynolds were defending.Id say cuz both of them were defending out of position.Fitzy is just not a winger.

Dale.2.

Juniors
simon says said:
Wasnt it great to finally see some go forward from our pack.Skandy,Gibbs,Lima,Boof,Graham,Sattler all made great metres.Much more than Manly.We would get our ball off our line and hit it up into Manly's territory.Great stuff.

Absolutely ;-)

Gibbs was outstanding,Lima was damaging,Skando was Skando,Satts was cool calm and calculated,Graham had some nice touches but the most pleasing sight was Laffranchi back in the team.

Laffranchi is a class act and every bit a representitive player ;-)

westie

Bench
simon says said:
Wasnt it great to finally see some go forward from our pack.Skandy,Gibbs,Lima,Boof,Graham,Sattler all made great metres.Much more than Manly.We would get our ball off our line and hit it up into Manly's territory.Great stuff.And I must congratulate Mears and Farah for some clever work to keep our forward roll going.Great work.

Now on the negative side.We really must work on our marker defense.Manly made too much easy ground from simple plays.Our defense was tight in the line,but around the play the ball it was woeful.Randall made us look soft several times.I dont know how many times both markers went the same way.....one left and one right fellers.

If we dont clear this up,Penrith will have a field day.

The thing that really buggered us was our line speed. Playing the compressed style we were way to slow to get up in their faces. They had too long to play around with the ball and thus could spin it out wide to exploit the constant overlaps. If we are going to play compressed we need to model it on the Roosters and get up hard and fast like we did towards the end of the game when our enthusiasm was up.

skandofan

Juniors
Yeh ur right Skando was def the best player on the pack with gibbs and lima also outstanding. Lanfranchi, Graham and Sattler [esp.] seem to so consistant which is wat i think Tim Sheens has really been looking for....

I really thought the unsung hero of the game was Robbie Mears. First game back [ i think?] he was great out of dummy half and just a good allround effort.

Not many negatives except our lack of potency in attack in the first half - with our backline u expected we would have gone in against a team like manly..,..,