What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R17 | Mon | Dragons 8-12 Panthers | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saint pebba

First Grade
So what does it mean? I take it as "the team is not worthy of its position on the table". Well I think we are, OK.

There is no doubting Penrith are deserving of their spot on the table however overachieving to me is exceeding ones expectations.

At the start of the year, did you seriously expect the panthers to be out-right second on the ladder with 9 weeks left in the season? If the answer is no then you would have to admit that they have overachieved so far.

gronkathon

First Grade
TBH this performance for the Panters is about showing if the remainder of the team has the character for September football.

The result would be great for them if they got up but if they don't as long as they make a good account of themselves the performace will have alot of positives for them. I compare it to when my Tigers played the Dragons. Yes the scoreline blew out towards the end but given our sidelined players I was ecstatic with the performance

Doomednow

Bench
Most people are taking the Panthers very seriously. Had the Panthers not been missing so many crucial playmakers due to Origin this poll would be a lot closer I think.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Panthers won, but can't pick due to missing players.

Yeah ok I guess "no one" was a bit rich but for everyone who sees the team as a legitimate contender there is someone who dismisses them as lucky and getting too many tries from kicks. That gets irritating especially from fans who think their side deserves to be much higher on the ladder and the panthers much lower (probably used to seeing that kind of result in previous years), but this far into the season I think the results speak for themselves.

Unfortunately I'm working a double shift tonight so won't even be able to watch it on tv. Will only have the live scoreboard from nrl.com. Shame because even thoug I wasn't expecting a win I was interested to see how both teams went.

bigfoot

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-as-bennett-plays-it-safe-20100704-zvwc.html

The Panthers are without Queensland prop Petero Civoniceva and the NSW trio of back-rower Luke Lewis, centre Michael Jennings and goal-kicking winger Michael Gordon, while halfback Luke Walsh and five-eighth Travis Burns will also be missing due to hamstring problems.

<snip>

Aside from Scott, St George Illawarra have three other players - NSW winger Brett Morris and the Queensland pair of Darius Boyd and Neville Costigan on Origin duty. The Dragons also have injury worries with New Zealand forward Jeremy Smith sitting out training in Wollongong yesterday after aggravating a calf injury. Axed Blues back-rower Ben Creagh is another concern after leaving the session early.

Wow. I'm really hoping the Travis Burns injury is a mistake. Otherwise, we're screwed.
Our halves would probably look like:
6. Paulo
7. Graham

Anyone got any more info on Ben Creagh?

Latest posts