What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 years ago today.... The storm lost two premierships

moffla

Bench
Do you reckon Hindmarsh has it written into his contract with Fox that Smith isn't allowed to join in on the "haha you've never won a premiership" banter?
Might have been early last year when Smith went on Matty Johns and they had a bit of laugh and banter about it. Suspect Hindy doesn't care too much

moffla

Bench
No credibility to talk about integrity

Storm fans didn't start this thread. The hypocrisy when it comes to bashing Melbourne is f**king hilarious.

As a storm fan I'll always admit, our cheating was horrendous. But we served our time, our punishment was swift and if it they were any worse we'd probably cease to exist.

Other clubs since then have cheated (one via systematic doping...) but apparently that's all behind us now and the poor players were just scapegoats.

I think people would have only been truly satisfied if we folded or fell into a heap after that and just plodded along like the Titans tbh.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Storm fans didn't start this thread. The hypocrisy when it comes to bashing Melbourne is f**king hilarious.

As a storm fan I'll always admit, our cheating was horrendous. But we served our time, our punishment was swift and if it they were any worse we'd probably cease to exist.

Other clubs since then have cheated (one via systematic doping...) but apparently that's all behind us now and the poor players were just scapegoats.

I think people would have only been truly satisfied if we folded or fell into a heap after that and just plodded along like the Titans tbh.

jealousy at the success of the upstart expansion club will do that to other clubs fans lol

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Lol. He is a winner. He manipulates the refs to get the best decision for his team. All good captains try to do it. Just because your team is shit at it doesn't mean that Cam is bad. Show him respect!

Pretty low-brow response that you think it has anything to do with my team. My team sucks. Has done for 8 years now. But before that, my team used to regularly beat the salary cap cheats. Plus I support Queensland. Hope we can clear up that it means f**k all what team I support when I show a 'lack of respect' for Cameron Smith. He doesn't automatically get my respect because ability-wise he's possibly the best of all time.

Interesting that you chose to ignore the cheating part when you defended him. Because as much as OK, it's not an uncommon tactic to manipulate refs (although referee Cam takes it 100 notches past anyone else), it is an uncommon tactic to sign two contracts when you are self-managed.

Is he a winner? Hell yeah. Is he a good person? No, I don't think so. Does he deserve my respect? Not sure, but he doesn't have it as a person.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
jealousy at the success of the upstart expansion club will do that to other clubs fans lol

I feel like we need that Simpsons meme 'duh look at me Marge, I'm blaming the criticism of the Storm on jealousy' to fit this sort of post. Too bad I don't know how to make it.

Again, my club started at around the time of the Storm and hasn't won a premiership. But I'm not jealous one bit. Myself, and other members of the Warriors forum were filthy at our ownership for our salary cap cheating year in 2006. And we were rightly stripped of points and missed the finals. No one complained. It embarrasses me to watch Storm fans, and players, and staff, carry on like they were wronged and using it as an us v them thing, as if people had it in for them. No, they have it in for you BECAUSE you cheated, not because you're 'successful'. Cooper Cronk is the only one I've seen that's intelligent enough to say hey we cheated, we got done, fair enough. Let's get on with it.

moffla

Bench
I feel like we need that Simpsons meme 'duh look at me Marge, I'm blaming the criticism of the Storm on jealousy' to fit this sort of post. Too bad I don't know how to make it.

Again, my club started at around the time of the Storm and hasn't won a premiership. But I'm not jealous one bit. Myself, and other members of the Warriors forum were filthy at our ownership for our salary cap cheating year in 2006. And we were rightly stripped of points and missed the finals. No one complained. It embarrasses me to watch Storm fans, and players, and staff, carry on like they were wronged and using it as an us v them thing, as if people had it in for them. No, they have it in for you BECAUSE you cheated, not because you're 'successful'. Cooper Cronk is the only one I've seen that's intelligent enough to say hey we cheated, we got done, fair enough. Let's get on with it.

But no one gave a shit after a year.

If you had won a comp on the back if it, you'd have been hated. No doubt. That's just the nature of it.

I'll never forgive the clubs admins for what they did, but we've copped it enough now - It's been a decade.

TheDalek079

Bench
Pretty low-brow response that you think it has anything to do with my team. My team sucks. Has done for 8 years now. But before that, my team used to regularly beat the salary cap cheats. Plus I support Queensland. Hope we can clear up that it means f**k all what team I support when I show a 'lack of respect' for Cameron Smith. He doesn't automatically get my respect because ability-wise he's possibly the best of all time.

Interesting that you chose to ignore the cheating part when you defended him. Because as much as OK, it's not an uncommon tactic to manipulate refs (although referee Cam takes it 100 notches past anyone else), it is an uncommon tactic to sign two contracts when you are self-managed.

Is he a winner? Hell yeah. Is he a good person? No, I don't think so. Does he deserve my respect? Not sure, but he doesn't have it as a person.

Calm down bro. Where is your proof that Cam knew about the rorts? Just because he manages himself doesn't mean he's in on the rorts.

GongPanther

Referee
Still to this day they refuse to admit they are cheaters painting themselves as victims when they aren’t
The Murdoch Corporate way which would have been installed in then via their little weekly meetings with the Storm head office, as well as the Gatorade they were drinking at the time.

An ugly stain on our game forever.

Generalzod

Immortal
The Murdoch Corporate way which would have been installed in then via their little weekly meetings with the Storm head office, as well as the Gatorade they were drinking at the time.

An ugly stain on our game forever.
Geez hasn’t Rugby League flourished in Victoria..lol

GongPanther

Referee
The NRL should have a round table meeting once our game gets up and running to determine the protocol if a team who wins the GF and is found to have cheated, then should be awarded to the other side of that particular GF. In the Olympics, when a participant(s) is found to have cheated, the medals are awarded accordingly, so why not our sport?

For Parra not to have been awarded the GF, is a hard one to swallow for their supporters, but if this provision is put into place, at least the whole year hasn't gone to waste.So a particular season can be more lauded for someone being awarded the premiership, than for another club being stripped of it.