What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 years on

greeneyed

First Grade
North Sydney did not go to the wall because of Superleague. They went to the wall as their management totally mismanaged the club and its move to the Central Coast.

Front-Rower

First Grade
greeneyed said:
innsaneink said:
Over and over Sydney suburban clubs think that they should control what should happen in a national rugby league competition.

How about a few examples from ALL these Sydney clubs?

Why should I give a f**k about the Qld Cup?

My team happens to be in Sydney, I couldnt give a rats about the Qld cup, and its got nothing to do with this argument.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the argument. What makes Sydney clubs think they should have more control over a NRL than the Brisbane clubs? The arrogance of the Sydney clubs is beyond belief. Why do they have more right to be in a NRL than Brisbane clubs? Or clubs from the bush? They don't.

LOL without the sydney clubs there would of been no premiership in the first place. You do understand its still just a first grade competition, don't you? Its virtually big business, so lets throw Ballina and the Easts Tigers from the QLD cup in the NRL and see how they go. They'd fold within 4 weeks.

greeneyed

First Grade
The Broncos basically started with nothing more than teams like Easts Tigers and Redcliffe. In fact, they started with less. Don't be so arrogant.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Front-Rower said:
Why should it be a National Rugby League? Outside of 2 states and the ACT no one cares about Rugby League. Its reality. People who believe the game has a future outside of these 3 areas is kidding themselves big time.

Its like this, most people on here hate AFL yet love rugby league, and in the Melbourne its the exact opposite. You can't force something down people's throats espceically after one particular club won a premiership in its second year in the comp, makes the finals on a regular basis and still generates no interest in its home town.

2 states and the ACT?? Ever heard of NZ and Great Britain?

innsaneink

Referee
greeneyed said:
innsaneink said:
Over and over Sydney suburban clubs think that they should control what should happen in a national rugby league competition.

My team happens to be in Sydney, I couldnt give a rats about the Qld cup, and its got nothing to do with this argument.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the argument. What makes Sydney clubs think they should have more control over a NRL than the Brisbane clubs? The arrogance of the Sydney clubs is beyond belief. Why do they have more right to be in a NRL than Brisbane clubs? Or clubs from the bush? They don't.

I see no examples here....just mud slinging.

You keep lumping all Sydney clubs together, you know generalisation doesnt do any argument any good.

Parra, Penrith, WestsTigers, Manly, Souths ,Roosters, Dogs, Cronulla....please show me where these clubs think they have rights, control etc than any other club.

Why should Brisbane clubs or clubs from the bush have more right to be in the NRL than Sydney clubs that are ALREADY in the competition.

Southernsaint

Staff member
greeneyed said:
The Broncos basically started with nothing more than teams like Easts Tigers and Redcliffe. In fact, they started with less. Don't be so arrogant.

The Broncos "started" with massive private backing & financial clout, it's hardly "nothing"...

Front-Rower

First Grade
greeneyed said:

Yeah when the game was still very semi-professional. Could you imagine one of those teams running out against Penrith, the roosters or Canterbury LOL they wouldn't stand a chance. Plus with the running costs of the game today, if it wasn't for Ruperts handouts, most teams would be down the drain.

Here's a question for you. If Super League was still around today and your team was playing in it, in what was suppossed to be the best of the best, SOO quality every week, would you want your team to be playing some second rate team from the QLD cup?

I know ofcourse what you are going to say...............

Front-Rower

First Grade
Greenblooded said:
Front-Rower said:
Why should it be a National Rugby League? Outside of 2 states and the ACT no one cares about Rugby League. Its reality. People who believe the game has a future outside of these 3 areas is kidding themselves big time.

Its like this, most people on here hate AFL yet love rugby league, and in the Melbourne its the exact opposite. You can't force something down people's throats espceically after one particular club won a premiership in its second year in the comp, makes the finals on a regular basis and still generates no interest in its home town.

2 states and the ACT?? Ever heard of NZ and Great Britain?

I thought we were talking about our own domestic competition here, or did I miss something?

I've always regarded Raiders fans as some of the lowest forms of Rugby League life.

Lime Green Scumbags supportive of their clubs Super League stance despite being virtually the only pro-Murdoch club not to have gained from their treachery.

So what does this mean? That the scumbags measure the success of their support for SL on the pain they inflicted on other clubs.

A cancer on the game.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
greeneyed said:
innsaneink said:

well gerbal u tell me, if the ACT comp, Brisbane Comp or NZ comp were so f**king good why didnt sydney clubs join or seek to join those comps........
They didnt because the Sydney comp, the comp that developed into the ARL and now NRL was the elite comp and the best comp with the best players.

I think you have been hanging around parliment house to much you starting to speak as much waste product as the pollies do.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
greeneyed said:
another piece of waste product from browneye
when brisbane joined they had a whole comp to choose from plus players who had already played in sydney as well as a shitload of cash
hey heres an idea Why dont you stop being so arrogant

Raider_69

Post Whore
Daithi O'Conaill said:
I've always regarded Raiders fans as some of the lowest forms of Rugby League life.

Lime Green Scumbags supportive of their clubs Super League stance despite being virtually the only pro-Murdoch club not to have gained from their treachery.

So what does this mean? That the scumbags measure the success of their support for SL on the pain they inflicted on other clubs.
A cancer on the game.

or that we can look past our clubs own loss's in favour of the gains superlaeague has given the international game.

Hmm i wonder now who are the real scumbags... raiders fans whom can look past the fact we didnt profited from super league but know that other clubs and the international game did or a the pro ARL crowd who are only looking at their own club and countries best interests...

Merged Scum or a club standing on its own 2 feet?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY RAIDERS

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
this thread is a disgrace

ARL - saints
SL - scum
:roll: :roll:

Where would the international scene be without superleague?
We would be no better than the AFL, a code with only one country playing.
You know what? Fine call us scum, water off a ducks back

But hey, i gotta team to support next season... how about you westie? GoTheBears?
So f**k yas and sit on it, superleague ridded the game of useless clubs like the Magpies and Bears :lol: :lol: :lol:
you are joking arent you
Super League practically killed off the international game.
Tell me how many home tests have we had in Australia since 1997?
Super League destroyed Fiji RL as it too was spilt.
Super League and its spin doctors like Ribot, O'connor and co
all spun the bullshit about Daley and Langer being as big in China as Michael Jordon 10 years on can u tell me if that ever happened.

As for you last snipe at fans who lost clubs proves wat a lo lo merkin you are mate. Quale and Arko made one big f**k up and that was in 1991 they should of let your miserable club die there and then lets be honest except for 1994 they've done f**k all since. Just look at all the players who cant get out of canberra quick enough.

Oh btw thanks for Monas and Willow you dumb f**ks

Southernsaint

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:

A cancer on the game.

or that we can look past our clubs own loss's in favour of the gains superlaeague has given the international game.

Hmm i wonder now who are the real scumbags... raiders fans whom can look past the fact we didnt profited from super league but know that other clubs and the international game did or a the pro ARL crowd who are only looking at their own club and countries best interests...

What did SL do for the International game?? Proper Kangaroo Tours, the biggest institution of the International game, were killed off as a direct result of SL. The Super League backed RFL in England also witheld the prize money from the World Cup in 1995 that was won by the ARL Australian side; among other things...

It's only been a year or two since you had Uncle Rupert's drip taken from your club's vein & you're already scrambling to the moral high ground...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Sir Clifford GC said:
Raider_69 said:

ARL - saints
SL - scum

But hey, i gotta team to support next season... how about you westie? GoTheBears?
So f**k yas and sit on it, superleague ridded the game of useless clubs like the Magpies and Bears :lol: :lol: :lol:
you are joking arent you
all spun the bullsh*t about Daley and Langer being as big in China as Michael Jordon 10 years on can u tell me if that ever happened.

As for you last snipe at fans who lost clubs proves wat a lo lo merkin you are mate. Quale and Arko made one big f**k up and that was in 1991 they should of let your miserable club die there and then lets be honest except for 1994 they've done f**k all since. Just look at all the players who cant get out of canberra quick enough.

Oh btw thanks for Monas and Willow you dumb f***

Long Live the green machine, never merged, never died... ahh how you wish you were a raiders fan ;-)
:D :D :D :D :D

Raider_69 said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:

A cancer on the game.

More bullshit.

The fact that you cannot argue with any honesty shows that you dont have a leg to stand on.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:

A cancer on the game.

Yeah the international game is alive and kicking real well. I wonder if Andrew Ettingshausen is the main topic of conversation on the main streets of Beijing this morning :?

The pro ARL crowd was all for the game remaining a Game, not a multi-million dollar NFL type business.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Raider_69 said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:

A cancer on the game.

More bullsh*t.

The fact that you cannot argue with any honesty shows that you dont have a leg to stand on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this is too easy

BTW your club has merged because it was inept and would not have survived without, sucks to be a weak club doesnt it? :lol:

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Sir Clifford GC said:
Raider_69 said:

ARL - saints
SL - scum

you are joking arent you
all spun the bullsh*t about Daley and Langer being as big in China as Michael Jordon 10 years on can u tell me if that ever happened.

Oh btw thanks for Monas and Willow you dumb f***

Long Live the green machine, never merged, never died... ahh how you wish you were a raiders fan ;-)
:D :D :D :D :D
hahaha ure kiddin arent u
id rather masturbate with a rusty cheese grator than go for the Faiders
God it must hurt to see ure 3 favourite sons
all working and succeeding for other clubs and not canberra what does that say.
Rickys a chook cos canberra shafted him
Cydles a Dog cos he too was shafted
and Big Nose knob gobbler is a Dragon a club he almost joined in 1992

Canberra is such a great club. hahahahahahahahahha

Latest posts