What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Footy

Diesel

Referee
I suspect it’ll be more like 50% footy with 50% lame jokes and advertising 9’s upcoming shows

davi

Juniors
I'm not so sure, James Bracey and Phil Gould both do Six tackles with Gus podcast which has a harder edge on Football. I would be surprised if the show has the Beau Ryan element to it and maybe a bit of spin-off from the podcast.

James Bracey is not really a Paul Vautin/Matty Johns type host either and is more into serious sports journalism.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
From what I saw tonight, could be called 'Virtually 100% Phil Gould'. I'm sure they'll work on the balance from other panel members.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Peter Beattie's mistake was bad, but his attempted smother reeked of arrogance. I realise people make mistakes, but a few howlers on the show:
1) News that Luke Keary is set to play in Roosters opening match
2) Round 1 score summary included Warriors 00 Sea Eagles 00

nrlnrl

First Grade
Did that f**kng idiot Beatie not even know the sharks?
Interesting. Dan Ginnane on Fox Sports News said the interview took place 2 weeks ago. Peter Beattie has just tweeted response:

This was me Saturday night with the Sharks’ coach. Yes I stuffed up the answer; just nervous in front of the great Phil Gould. Yeah I’m human. I had a mental blank. The price of doing the NRL & the Commonwealth Games at the same time !! Thanks Gus for having me on the show. #nrl

DYFllDTVoAAYfCF.jpg

Eion

First Grade
He just banged about loving the game. That is something you just know if that’s true.

Didn’t really give a shit that Smith didn’t know Cam as he never pretended to love the game.

If he delivers on good stuff then so what. But I’m betting he’s a full of shit pollie.

Life's Good

Coach
Putting aside the Beattie gaffe(he is a pollie after all)I liked it. Good to see a show based on proper league talk without the tinsel of poor comedy clogging up the content. Gus did have a lot to say BUT in that sort of environment he is well worth listening to.
It should only get better with the panel getting more time together.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Was good.

Strangely I hate everyone on that panel, except Ruan and Bracey is ok. The other 3 love the sound of their own voices a little too much but at least they're not boring i guess.