What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$10mill the last box to tick!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems with all the love coming from Gallop our last box to tick is to show the NRL we are capable of having a revenue of $10mill before the NRL grant. It seems this is what they are asking bids to show as expected revenue to show a long term financial sustainability. It's a massive amount to generate as income but if we are to be in come 2013 the WARL have to get corporates committed and show that it is realistic for us.

If we can get 10,000 members and avg 15,000 crowds that will go a decent way to getting us there. Here is a very guesstimate breakdown of how we could cover it:

Gate Reciepts 15k avg $30 x 12 home games = $5.4mill
Corporate boxes, food and drinks sales etc =$750k
Merchandise sales = $750K
Sponsorship = $3mill

That should get us there!

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh I was being conservative! I don;t think it is beyond the realms to see us with a total revenue in the $16-20mill range depending on how big teh TV contract ends up being.

It would be good to see the NRL IC funding development seperately and give the likes of us and Melbourne $2mill a year to further develop jnr's a NSW cup teams etc. There needs to be recognition that developing and promoting the game in new frontiers has additional costs

clarency

Juniors
That's true. It's a tidbit unreasonable to be demanding a 10mil revenue stream in a non rugby league state, even when it is feasible.

It's worth repeating that the decision to have a team in Perth is probably the most important one RL has faced in quite a while, and will greatly affect the future of the league.

albert

Juniors
I would asume that the team would be a new one.Are you reffering that the sharks are going to move west?