What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R13 | Mon | Tigers 17-16* Knights | Leichhardt #nrlwesnew

R13: WST v NEW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Firstly, the boys were absolutely courageous. It's been a long time since we've been caned in the penalty count and refused to buckle underneath the weight of possession, but sadly it was only a matter of time before the Tigers locked the game up towards the back end of the second half.

Secondly, and I know Nev seemed to have been a bit rubbery-legged in the lead-up to the Tigers first try, but Lui should never have scored from where he did. Our goal-line defence on that occasion should have been pushing up.
Knights defence was excellent all game last night. Easy to say the Tigers looked flat but it's easy to look flat when the line speed was consistently that quick and the outside men consistently made correct decisions on when to push up or slide.

As for that first try, the defence had pushed up but KG got away a pearler of an off-load after the line had started retreating back to the goal-line so they were caught a little flat once Robbie turned Lui back on the inside. Given the weight of possession, I was impressed by the 80 (87) minute defensive attitude of your boys.
And lastly, the combined 9-2 penalty count was a farce. Although most of the nine penalties we gave away were probably warranted for slowing the play-the-ball down, I'm pretty sure it goes both ways and the Knights play-the-balls were no less slower than the Tigers, yet we only get two penalties all game.
You're right. And let's be honest here - De Gois could have been penalised on nearly every tackle last night. Constantly holding down and adding a bit extra.

But yes, there could have been an extra penalty or two for the Knights that I saw.

gronkathon

First Grade
It was a bit of a balancing act in regard to PTB penalties.

Yes the Knights were caned and the penalties were deserved but the movement calls were far to early all game almost and while the Knights paid in penalties the Tigers got up quickly as instructed, often removing markers and were killed around the ruck.

I just don't like the style Maxwell reffs. He ruins many good games.

Perplexing from a Tigers defence POV was letting Gidley drift across field without a finger laid on him. He isn't a good enough half to command that respect and just gave the Nukes too much time in decision making

Last edited:

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I honestly thought the Knights should have been penalised a lot more. They were lying all around the rucks the whole game and slowing the play down way too much.

Knights forwards dominated though and their defence was a bit better than the Tigers.

Tigers dropped way too much ball in good field position.

It was a decent game but very frustrating, like the Eels v Dragons game on Friday

hybrid_tiger

Coach
About time? He single-handedly got you into the preliminary final last year with his disgraceful refereeing. You won by 2 points, handed to you on a platter when he awarded a penalty for something nobody except him could see - much like the Houston incident last night.

Since that night he got tackled by a spectator, he's been like an extra man for the Tigers. It's an absolute disgrace.

Oh f**k off skeepe. You were beaten by a better side in the semi's last season. Not that you would ever admit it as everytime the Raiders lose its the refs fault. Change the record you f**kwit.

Maxwell hates us and last night was the first time he has given us the rub of the green. It has been a long time coming.

Latest posts