What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R24 | Mon | Knights 6-26 Broncos | Ausgrid

R24: NEW v BRI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liddell

Juniors
The only thing more sad than that performance by my team is the number of toothless, metho-swilling smelly Souffs hobos that have been dribbling all over this match thread.

Want to know what the difference between a contender and pretender is? A contender doesn't need to sweat on other teams results to make the semis. They get there on their own merits over the full length of the season, they don't have to resort to a "late surge" to scrape in.

A contender makes more than 1 final series in 20 and even then isn't arrogant enough to call their club "the pride of the league". If there was a team in the modern era of rugby league that could lay claim to that title, it would be the Broncos.

Even if Souffs take our spot, ultimately they're nothing more than cannon fodder for the Storm. Congratulations on the 2 points Broncos fans, you'll go far in the NRL finals series and can you please do me a favour? Someone needs to put Souffs in their place, because for a long time now they've been the joke of the league and the ridicule of just about every other NRL team. They need to know their place.

You know this whole thing, the NRL, is a game right?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Do contenders also lose 10/12 games to top 8 sides? your team will be out of the 8, where they belong, in 13 days.

Of course we're not contenders. We're cannon fodder for the Storm as well. But I'm not the one going around everywhere spruiking up my team saying not only we will make the 8, but we'll beat the Storm in Melbourne, trounce the rest of the finals contenders and then find myself sitting at the NRL Grand Final listening to Justin Bieber sing "Never Say Never" before my team embarks on a glorious run of 10 consecutive premierships and James Roberts is made an immortal of the game.

I'm not deluded enough like your pal Dunniesman to believe any of that will happen.

African Monkey

First Grade
Of course we're not contenders. We're cannon fodder for the Storm as well. But I'm not the one going around everywhere spruiking up my team saying not only we will make the 8, but we'll beat the Storm in Melbourne, trounce the rest of the finals contenders and then find myself sitting at the NRL Grand Final listening to Justin Bieber sing "Never Say Never" before my team embarks on a glorious run of 10 consecutive premierships and James Roberts is made an immortal of the game.

I'm not deluded enough like your pal Dunniesman to believe any of that will happen.
:lol:

haha

Juniors
The only thing more sad than that performance by my team is the number of toothless, metho-swilling smelly Souffs hobos that have been dribbling all over this match thread.

Want to know what the difference between a contender and pretender is? A contender doesn't need to sweat on other teams results to make the semis. They get there on their own merits over the full length of the season, they don't have to resort to a "late surge" to scrape in.

A contender makes more than 1 final series in 20 and even then isn't arrogant enough to call their club "the pride of the league". If there was a team in the modern era of rugby league that could lay claim to that title, it would be the Broncos.

Even if Souffs take our spot, ultimately they're nothing more than cannon fodder for the Storm. Congratulations on the 2 points Broncos fans, you'll go far in the NRL finals series and can you please do me a favour? Someone needs to put Souffs in their place, because for a long time now they've been the joke of the league and the ridicule of just about every other NRL team. They need to know their place.

You sound pretty cut up.

blaza88z

Coach
I agree you're capable of better. But IF you're going to play better is another matter. If you do play better, I think it'll be in round 26 for obvious reasons and in the finals.

You won't be 100% focused this weekend, with 3rd place signed sealed and delivered, the week before your special round 26 game. Hodges is out, while we get back multiple players. We have everything to play for, you have nothing to play for in round 25. For all those reasons and more is why we'll win.

so you admit your team is a pile of shit and will only beat the broncos if they have a bad day, with round 26 sold out a lot of people will turn up to see locky's 2nd last game (those who didn't get tickets to round 26)

hodges isn't as big a loss as he has been in previous years, don't be using "without hodges" as a reason to beat broncos, hodges was playing his first game back in that flood like stadium in perth and it never made a big difference there, won't make a big difference next week either

let me simplify it to bunnies lingo: we are better than you

BunniesMan

Immortal

Finishing 7th isnt out of the question. I wouldn't be brave enough to put money on the Dragons beating the Warriors or the Panthers. If we finish 7th we have the much easier assignment of Manly (a team we've beaten this year) instead of Melbourne.

blaza88z

Coach
you're so f**king stupid, how can you be serious

you're telling us that the bunnies will beat brisbane at home, then they will beat the knights at home

on top of that, you're telling us the dragons will barely make the 8

it would take some sort of miracle for your scummy team to make the 8, let alone make 7th and no russ, you can't buy your way in

BunniesMan

Immortal
you're so f**king stupid, how can you be serious

you're telling us that the bunnies will beat brisbane at home, then they will beat the knights at home

on top of that, you're telling us the dragons will barely make the 8

it would take some sort of miracle for your scummy team to make the 8, let alone make 7th and no russ, you can't buy your way in
I said it's "not out of the question". I didn't say it WILL happen. Learn to read dickhead.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
I must say that the last 20 minutes of the first half drove me nuts. WTF were the Broncos players doing? That lack of respect for the opposition made me really angry. Not even against 50uff$ should they play like that! :x

Glad Hook set them straight at half time, because the Knights came out firing and only a very good Broncos defense held them out. That Macca tackle on Gidley was fantastic and a couple of minutes later Yow Yeh took the wind out of Newcastle sails and pretty much ended the game.

The 50/50 on the Wallace try was just that, a 50/50. But that forward pass decision on the Anderson pass to McGuire just boggles the mind. As someone else already said, the Houston sin bin was due to him holding a player that was in position to score a try, the Lockyer one was a penalty, no more.

Happy with how we shut down the Newcastle danger on their right side, Mad Dog and Uate were never a threat, except for that idiotic scrum setup... against 12 FFS! :roll:

Now we need to go for the second spot on the ladder, and if Melbourne does the job on Manly, chances are 50uff$ will leave Suncorp Stadium with a funny walk, and no sexual assault kit in the world will help them!

Jason Maher

Immortal
Dear oh dear, look at all the vermin crawling all over this thread, and riding on the Broncos coattails. Well I guess it is the only way they'll ever get the slightest taste of success.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We were shit, the Broncos were less shit. That's about it really. We'll beat lol@50uff$ on Old Boys Day though.