What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd EF | Sun 4pm | Raiders 34-16 Sharks | Canberra

Elimination Final winner: Raiders v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CAN-finals2012.jpg

CRO-finals2012.jpg

BranVan3000

Coach
Hard to pick. I think Raiders can be great but I don't get the same feeling from them as from the likes of Roosters, Eels, Warriors etc. Feels like Raiders 2010 again.

Overall I think the sharks are grittier and will grind out a tough win with Gallen leading from the front

They do seem quite battered though, like the season has been a bit too long for them

Hoppy

Juniors
Harder to pick than a broken nose this one. Pomeroy on report and possibly out . Going to go the Raiders,simply because they are at home...by 12.

I agree it will be a close one. Raiders playing well at times! But I don't think the Sharks will be disadvantaged if Pomeroy is suspended, as Leutele has been playing better than him anyway!, (while Pom was injured !). The perceived home game advantage for Raiders shouldn't be too bad, and won't worry the Sharks, as they have won 6 games from the last 8 at Canberra Stadium, and 8 games from the last 13 total games. (same period). And then there are a whole lot of Shire 'Ex-Pats' living in the Canberra region who are keen to see another game of footy with the Sharks, and it's only a 2.5 hour drive from Sutherland (It could take 1.5 hours to drive to ANZ Stadium from Cronulla, due to the traffic anyway) so plenty of Cronulla supporters will make the trip !! Can't wait !!!

wolverine

Juniors
The Sharks going in as underdogs suits them just fine. Haven't been good favourites for most of the year. I really think the Sharks are a team that's built to grind out a finals game and with reports of Wade Graham being back, i'll take the Sharks 1-12

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Matthew Wright
2. John Williams
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Colin Best
5. Nathan Stapleton
6. Todd Carney
7. Jeff Robson
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Ben Ross
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Anthony Tupou
13. Paul Gallen
14. Andrew Fifita
15. Mark Taufua
16. John Morris
17. Jayson Bukuya
18. Tyson Frizell
19. Sam Tagataese
20. Wade Graham

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=23240

1. Josh DUGAN
2. Sandor EARL
3. Jarrod CROKER
4. Blake FERGUSON
5. Reece ROBINSON
6. Josh McCRONE
7. Sam WILLIAMS
8. David SHILLINGTON ©
9. Glen BUTTRISS
10. Dane TILSE
11. Josh PAPALII
12. Joel THOMPSON
13. Shaun FENSOM

Bench:
14. Shaun BERRIGAN
15. Joe PICKER
16. Mark NICHOLLS
17. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
18. Jarrad KENNEDY
19. Travis WADDELL
20. Dimitri PELO

Coach: David FURNER

http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/Raiders-NRL-Team-List--Elimination-Final-v-Sharks/63291