What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 months ago.......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No mate.. we were over-run in the first 20 minutes last year.Different type of game.. imo, we should have rallied... but it wasn't to be.

st ted

Juniors
Buddley2002,
Basically you watched a team play in the knockout semi with the same inadequate preparation by the same incompetent coach.
O.K. so the game was a tad different,but everything else was the same.
Unless Farrar is turfed you won't have to worry about next year because the Dragons will not be in the eight.

The similarities I refer to were mainly the unsemi like defence from the previous week effort as displayed 12 months ago.
It seemed to me that they were satified with making the position of beating the No 2 team and that was their Grand Finial.
The team were beaten by hunger to win, not skill, size or player by player ability.(except in the case of Kimmorley).
Doust will complete a reportin the following weeks to take to the board on Farrars pro's and cons for the season before reappointment in confirmed.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah, I get you Buddley.

If Feral Dragon is out there he may recall a convo he and I had at the pre-season match when Saints played against Brothers Valleys. As much as we all want the premiership, we thought thatat the very least,a top 4 finish would be a sufficient.
Well, we didnt get that much.

Feral: btw mate its on again next year, might be good to start a habit and go again... this time try and drag your bro along. ;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
For the record, here are the figures for 2001 & 2002:

<u>Saints '01 record</u>
<u>Win Loss Draw</u>
12W, 12L, 2D
<u>Pts for/against</u>
For 661 (5th)
Against 573 (5th)

<u>Saints '02 record</u>
<u>Win Loss Draw Bye</u>
10W, 13L, 3D, 2B
<u>Pts for/against</u>
For 682
Against608

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"Doust will complete a reportin the following weeks to take to the board on Farrars pro's and cons for the season before reappointment in confirmed."

Well he is signed till the end of 2003... although that doesnt mean much.
The rumour mill has Nathan Brown coming in as First Grade 'assistant' coach next year.
Its a rumour that has some merit. Brownie has had some outstanding success with the Jersey Flegg side this year and with the lower grades being re-structured in 2003, they'll be looking to promote him.

Doust admittted on 2KY sports breakfast show that at the seasons end he would submit the report, admittingly that was before the 2 knights games.
A dont think he will go mainly because nobody apart from the fans want him to.

tim hates you

Juniors
...the same incompetent coach...

You saints fans are all the same. Two good matches - "Oh I suppose we should keep him"

Then they have one bad game and he's out the door again.

You seem to forget the players are the ones on the field, the coach can only help guidethem.

Please, get over the coach-bashing. Whether it's his fault that your club has a bad game or two it isn't your decision to make.
Also, you made the eight. I don't see Peter Sharp, Craig Coleman, Steve Folkes, orGraham Murray getting the sack.

Lay off the guy.

Then again its all only my opinion. Maybe he is on the way out :(

Who knows at St George?

dog

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pearls of wisdom from Timbo:

You saints fans are all the same. Two good matches - "Oh I suppose we should keep him" Then they have one bad game and he's out the door again.
Tell me where in this thread someone has said this or even suggested as much.
I think you'll find that mosts INDIVUDUAL opinions have been pretty consistent this year and not all saints fans are the same.

You seem to forget the players are the ones on the field, the coach can only help guidethem.
Fascinating... I think most people are aware that players are the ones on the field. Thanks for that. Although I question your assessment that a coach is merely therefor guidance.

Please, get over the coach-bashing.
By coach bashing, I assume you mean constant and repetitive criticism of the coach. Where in this thread has there been 'coach bashing'? In fact, where in this Dragonsforum? Almost always there has been constructive talk about what to do about the question marks surrounding our coach. I think you're getting your forums mixed up there Timbo.

Whether it's his fault that your club has a bad game or two it isn't your decision to make.
You're on very thin ice there mate... I think every supporter has the right to say what they like. Supporter-based movements have brought about lots of changes, usually for the better.

" I don't see Peter Sharp, Craig Coleman, Steve Folkes, orGraham Murray getting the sack."
Coleman's job was under threat just a few weeks ago.
Folkes coached the cap cheats who actually 'won' quite a few games so what are you talking about? Are you saying that you lot are not the type of supporters who criticise a losing coach?? Get real.

Coaches come and go. Just this year Terry Lamb and Mark Murray were given the flick following poor results and the supporters were demanding it. Why didnt you mention them...?

Saints had an ordinary season but I'm not prepared to place all the blame at the feet of the coach. I've said all along that its more complicated than that.
But clearly, coaching is part of the problem. To ignore this would be doing the wrong thing bythe supporters and the club.