What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 14-4 Bulldogs @ ANZ

2012 TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP - WINNERS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garts

Bench
Apart from Manly winning the GF, at this point the next best thing is the Dogs losing the GF. I loved every minute of that game and I cannot wait to see Dogs fans defend Graham. Good night.

Here's my two cents..

Storm played a strong half and Hoffman was great. Strong on the left side and the Dogs really had nothing to attack from. Kasiano and Pritchard did not have the edge on the likes of Norrie who was excellent.

Waqa shut the Dogs down by playing flat defence and his try saving intercept was a turning point in the first half.

James Graham - take a long holiday son. Low act if proven.

The second half was a wrestle and Storm were in their element. Jaiman Lowe, Bromwich and Manu were dominant.

As for the big three - Slater showed Barba what he needs to do to be the best in the comp.

Cam Smith's try saving tackle will go down in Storm history as a pivotal moment.

Cronk - not my choice for MOM would have given it to Norrie or Smith.

Eric Galt

Juniors
Fantastic to see the Dogs lose, suck it up DES. What a bunch of dirty grubs Graham, Kasiano, Reynolds...the list goes on, Congrats Storm. Hey Des you need some decent players to win a comp. :cool:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Thought the Dogs crowd was quite poor to be honest. Very quiet. When the Dogs fans cheered the whole stadium shook. Didn't notice it much at all throughout the game, especially at times when their support might have got the team home.

no name

Coach
There has been a few comments questioning Cronk's awarding of the CC medal.
He had it wrapped up by half time, set a 3 of Melbourne's tries up.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Eastwood has been a mouse tonight after being the best player on the field last week.

In the first twenty-odd minutes of the game, when the Storm had set after set in attack, Eastwood was involved in almost every tackle. It looked to me like he'd come to play but unlike last week the Dogs were denied space and spent most of the first half tackling - and they never really came back from that.

There were certainly some poor individual performances by the Dogs, but that's what happens when a team gets rattled and put off their natural game. However, if the Storm started that game any less precisely than they did (a knock on or two early in the tackle count or if Perrett holds that ridiculous Slater pass for example) then the result could have been very different. But they didn't.

I thought it was pretty awesome seeing the Storm defense scything right into the Dogs backline like they were. Like Gould kept saying, "if you get round me I'll applaud you" but they never really did (and when they did the cover was epic). So many knock-downs to save tries; the kind of tries that the Dogs were scoring at will all season. That's some extemely perceptive coaching and am impressive level of ahhesion to the gameplan. I was going for the Dogs but jeez, it's hard to begrudge the Storm that one.

In the first twenty-odd minutes of the game, when the Storm had set after set in attack, Eastwood was involved in almost every tackle. It looked to me like he'd come to play but unlike last week the Dogs were denied space and spent most of the first half tackling - and they never really came back from that.

There were certainly some poor individual performances by the Dogs, but that's what happens when a team gets rattled and put off their natural game. However, if the Storm started that game any less precisely than they did (a knock on or two early in the tackle count or if Perrett holds that ridiculous Slater pass for example) then the result could have been very different. But they didn't.

I thought it was pretty awesome seeing the Storm defense scything right into the Dogs backline like they were. Like Gould kept saying, "if you get round me I'll applaud you" but they never really did (and when they did the cover was epic). So many knock-downs to save tries; the kind of tries that the Dogs were scoring at will all season. That's some extemely perceptive coaching and am impressive level of ahhesion to the gameplan. I was going for the Dogs but jeez, it's hard to begrudge the Storm that one.

Nice post...Bellamy planned for the Dogs by getting the likes of Chambers and Waqa to defend flat against Morris and Wright and co.

Waqa's intercept when the Dogs had two on his outside was crucial for Storm and turned the game early IMO. Morris was nullified and could not get any space to attack.

The forward battle was great..Pritchard had nothing and went MIA which he tends to do. Kasiano looked tired and it appeared that the reliance that they had on him to make metres was too much for one player. Tolman is a great player but does not have the size to compliment Kasiano.

Storm bulked up and this was the difference...Norrie, Bromwich, Lowe and Faa'oso gave the pack momentum and dominated the Dogs pack and this was a crucial aspect in team selection.

Noa

First Grade
Left training paddock early holding it.

Key to beat the Dogs is

1. Turn there big men around early and often with kicks. Try to keep it in play as much as possible
2. Work them over in defence
3. Get up quick and in there face to disrupt ball movement.

If we can do these things we'll win. IF we cant we'll lose, its that simple really.

Boys followed my game plan to a T.

Latest posts