What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | QF1 | New Zealand 40-4 Scotland | Leeds

Quarter Final 1: New Zealand v Scotland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Kiwis play like they did in the first 20 with mistakes and penalties England and Aussie will put 18 points on us before we get out of our half.
Scotland just missing that attacking finesse and inability to shut down the offload.

adamkungl

Immortal
Exactly this.

Wallace is costing Scotland bigtime too.

Wallace is trying to pull big low percentage plays to conjure something from nothing - unfortunately he's absolutely shithouse, and looks like me trying to put a point on when we're 9 tries down in touch footy.

Springs

First Grade
New Zealand with some freak tries and offloads. Scotland was good to start with but are panicking now which is disappointing.

New Zealand going overboard with the wrestle but at least they are getting penalised for it unlike Australia.

fourplay

Juniors
I think Manu Vatuvei should have scored off the kick and the obstruction was a dud call.

He ran behind his own player but if there is no opposition defender standing infront of Shaun Johnson then how does it matter?

Bovrick

Juniors
Wallace is trying to pull big low percentage plays to conjure something from nothing - unfortunately he's absolutely shithouse, and looks like me trying to put a point on when we're 9 tries down in touch footy.

Centres are doing the same. You'd think that the one player who can actually get anywhere with that stuff is Brough, and he's the only one playing a sensible game.

Springs

First Grade
I think Manu Vatuvei should have scored off the kick and the obstruction was a dud call.

He ran behind his own player but if there is no opposition defender standing infront of Shaun Johnson then how does it matter?

You've never been able to do what he did. The defence can't be expected for players to run around their own teammates like that. If that's allowed then the obstruction would become part of every set.

TheDMC

Bench

Definitely should have let it play on and then reviewed if Manu dotted down. At worse, would've been the best try ever that wasn't.

TheDMC

Bench
7 penalties to nil! I love the NRL referees..

Maybe they are so stupid they think the Kiwis are the warriors...

NrlCoach

Juniors
7 penalties to nil! I love the NRL referees..

Maybe they are so stupid they think the Kiwis are the warriors...
merkins cant leave their NRL whistle in Australia. they wouldnt do it in SOO so why do it in international football merkins

Fazz_138

Juniors
Brian Mcclennan is deadset one of the dumbest merkins alive. How he ever got past the interview stage with the Warriors is a mystery. I envy every single one of you that aren't getting the same coverage as us in NZ. He was doing the halftime analysis and I feel dumber just from listening to his dribble.

Meth

Staff member
Sort of is pretty generous there man. If he takes over for Luke it'll somehow end up as Scotland winning 13+ via Taylor's glacial service.

preaching to the choir man.

I don't know why he's in the squad ahead of Tohu Harris.