What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 2 // Sun 4pm // AUS 16-12 ENG // AAMI

4 Nations Game 4: Australia v England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

AUS-LUteams.png

1. Greg Inglis 2. Josh Mansour 3. Michael Jennings 4. Dylan Walker 5. Sione Mata'utia
6. Daly Cherry-Evans 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron Smith 10. Sam Thaiday 11. Beau Scott 12. Greg Bird 13. Corey Parker

14. Boyd Cordner 15. Robbie Farah 16. Aidan Guerra 17. Ryan Hoffman
18. Ben Hunt 19. David Klemmer 20. Josh Papalii

ENG-LUteams.png

1. Sam Tomkins 2. Josh Charnley 3. Kallum Watkins 4. Michael Shenton 5. Ryan Hall
6. Gareth Widdop 7. Matthew Smith
8. George Burgess 9. Josh Hodgson 10. James Graham 11. Liam Farrell 12. Joel Tomkins 13. Joe Westerman

14. Daryl Clark 15. Brett Ferres 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Chris Hill

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Robert Hicks, Jason Walsh
Video Referee: Bernard Sutton​

English Rose

Juniors
So they have appointed an Aussie ref for Australia v England and the ref for NZ v Samoa is a Kiwi. What other sport does this? International Rugby League is a joke it's no wonder players like Burgess, Hayne and SBW are getting out!

English Rose

Juniors
If England cant win this game they might as well give up playing rugby league

Australia could put their 5th team out and still probably beat us. In all seriousness though it's just a shame that Sam Burgess is unavailable and James Roby is injured as Australia are there for the taking but we just haven't got enough players who are up to international standard

Harrigan

Juniors
If Watkins gets decent ball he could destroy Walker. I still don't think there's much between the 2 teams but England's pack should carry them to victory. The props alone have 600m in them. I think it will be a case of whoever makes the least amount of errors wins.

grouch

First Grade
The Kiwis showed the Poms the way: trample them up the middle. The Kangaroos pack hasn't changed, and with Graham & the Burgii I think the English have the men to monster them. If Daryl Clark is fit he could be the one to benefit a la Johnson for the Kiwis

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Easily the worst Australian team I've seen.

We're a genuine risk of not even making the final. Imagine that.

Danish

Referee
Easily the worst Australian team I've seen.

We're a genuine risk of not even making the final. Imagine that.

I agree. I just can't get over how small our pack is. Its like we are deliberately trying to hobble ourselves.

If we do lose and thus miss the final, then surely Tim Sheens' abortion of a coaching career post super league would finally be over??

This Year?

Immortal
Half of this side isn't even good enough to play for their state, let alone their country. WTF were the selectors thinking? I don't think that side would even beat Samoa. The ARL should be ashamed of themselves.

England 13+

alien

Referee
its pretty obvious what sheens' game plan is. use thaiday and woods as 2 normal front rowers for the first 20 minute bash, then bring on more mobile forwards. repeat 2nd half. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. what the roos need to improve on from last game is their completion rate. if they have enough possession, they will have enough points in them to beat plodland, and hopefully no injuries this game..

England will target Walker and Mata'utia big time...there is not a lot of experience down that side and they would be crazy not to bomb to that side given Walker's performance last week.

The forward battle will be interesting...the Aussies are mobile but lack size and the Poms will be looking to bash them big time.

If the Aussies can get early points they will win it and the good thing is that Cronk and Smith know the ground well and will look for a good kicking game.