What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 2 // Sun 4pm // AUS 16-12 ENG // AAMI

4 Nations Game 4: Australia v England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evil Homer

Staff member
:lol:

The end he is touching is.in the air and continues to lift. If he had pressure thevother end would lift first. No downward pressure. Those frames confirm it.
So f**king what if the other end is in the air? You're making up rules that don't exist.

mxlegend99

Referee
No the way the ball bounces confirms he has no downward pressure, and the onfield referee explained why they ruled that way. You're just ignoring the rules even though the frames you kept posting prove that he didnt have downward pressure. It shows his finger bending backwards AFTER the end he is touching has risen a couple of cms. At no point does the evidence show without doubt he had downward pressure.

Then watch it in motion and its even more obvious its no try. But yeah, stick to claiming one frame on one angle proves its a try. f**k all the contradicting evidence and the rules state the evidence needs to be conclusive to overturn the onfield referee.

Evil Homer

Staff member

Using Homer's logic - this is a factual photo.

You're a dope.
Nice try.
halltry1.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
What is that frame meant to show? His blurry hand might be touching the ball? That again adds to the strength of the no try arguement. Certainly cant argue he has any pressure on it there.

Evil Homer

Staff member
No the way the ball bounces confirms he has no downward pressure, and the onfield referee explained why they ruled that way. You're just ignoring the rules even though the frames you kept posting prove that he didnt have downward pressure. It shows his finger bending backwards AFTER the end he is touching has risen a couple of cms. At no point does the evidence show without doubt he had downward pressure.

Then watch it in motion and its even more obvious its no try. But yeah, stick to claiming one frame on one angle proves its a try. f**k all the contradicting evidence and the rules state the evidence needs to be conclusive to overturn the onfield referee.
Do you understand the laws of physics? If the ball is on the ground and he's pressing down on one end while another part of the ball is still touching the ground then there's downward pressure. It makes no f**king difference what each end of the ball is doing as long as some part of it is touching the floor and being forced down. The only reason the ball 'rising' would make any difference would be if it had completely risen off the ground and there was separation, that would mean it was a knock on. But there was clearly no separation between the ball and the ground, thus downward pressure. I'm not sure what part of this you don't understand.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
We wouldn't be arguing this if Jarryd Hayne was playing,he wouldn't have failed miserably like Greg Inglis did there in trying to swipe the ball dead.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Not only did Inglis show no urgency at all he than completely failed at swiping he ball dead by producing the air swing of the decade

Bring back the Hayne Plane

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I am of the opinion that the fingertip try was a no try, but also the Jennings 'try' should've been a no try (I'd argue that Jennings had "upwards pressure" as he landed, with his hand being in front of the ball as he lost it).

Greg Bird continues to annoy me with his pained expressions and dropping to the ground as quick as he can when getting hit in tackles, and sticking his tongue like he's being choked by Homer Simpson whenever a tacklers arm is near his neck. Look forward to seeing him get smashed in his stupid face by the Samoans next week!!! And then if I'm lucky again in the final so I can see him get smashed live and in person!

Spot On

Coach
Not only did Inglis show no urgency at all he than completely failed at swiping he ball dead by producing the air swing of the decade

Bring back the Hayne Plane

Umm, without buying into your obvious troll post re mentioning the love of your life, Inglis was typically missing for a lot of the game and only a few sets before his bungled attempt that nearly saw his team lose, he failed to attempt to get into position and take the high ball at the end of the England set. Put him back into the centres and bring in the Moylan.

Spot On

Coach
I may be biased but Ben Hunt's admission into the game changed the momentum of the game

No you're not and yes it did. Great player.

And to think one of your fellow Broncs suporters wrote not too long ago that Brissy needed to move him on.:crazy:

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
The ball is on the ground with his fingers pressing down on top of it, how the f**k is that not a try? His finger is bent backwards FFS, how is his finger supposed to bend backwards like that if he didn't have downward pressure on the ball, do you think Hall is double-jointed? It doesn't matter if the ball is 'rising', it's on the ground with his hand pressing down on top of it. That's a try by the definition of the rule.

I'm not biased at all BTW, I don't support England, I'm just sick of f**king Aussie cheats. And defending cheating means you're personally a cheat yourself. People still trying to claiming that it wasn't a try because Hall didn't celebrate, even though the video ref showed it to be a try :lol: Get a f**king grip.

52fae5b12a1b87c83459c47f8f9c9ea4.png

without being a scientist I would suggest you do have bias but in the act of trying to put forward a reasonable argument you are stating you aren't biased

which is a lie, anyone else would laugh it off and let it go.. what are you gonna do? start a national movement against those cheating bullies at RL HQ? :lol:

they're not cheating either, YOUR team just wasn't good enough

Spot On

Coach
God like? He's on debut for Australia in a do or die match and has been faultless and is now playing injured. What the f**k did you expect from him? I'm just happy that he's played as well as he has.

He expected Sione to drop it (or wished him to). No one bags Inglis for his lack of urgency under the ball (didn't even attempt to take it late in the game) and of course his monumental f**k up that luckily didn't see his side lose the match.

Spot On

Coach

without being a scientist I would suggest you do have bias but in the act of trying to put forward a reasonable argument you are stating you aren't biased

which is a lie, anyone else would laugh it off and let it go.. what are you gonna do? start a national movement against those cheating bullies at RL HQ? :lol:

He's a Pommy but doesn't support them?

Evil Homer

Staff member

No, I'm going to continue to point out the fact that they cheated, if you think that cheating is acceptable then that's just a sad reflection on you more than anything. Accusing me of being an England fan is pretty lame BTW but nothing more than I would expect, if you've ever read my posts on the international section (which I doubt) then you would see that I really don't like England very much at all, but that doesn't change the fact that they were cheated out of a result here.

mxlegend99

Referee
No, I'm going to continue to point out the fact that they cheated, if you think that cheating is acceptable then that's just a sad reflection on you more than anything. Accusing me of being an England fan is pretty lame BTW but nothing more than I would expect, if you've ever read my posts on the international section (which I doubt) then you would see that I really don't like England very much at all, but that doesn't change the fact that they were cheated out of a result here.
The video referee making the correct call is not cheating, you guys whinging about it.makes you sore losers though.

No downward pressure. No try. Simple as that. Tge rules dont state that touching a ball that sits on the ground is a try, they say you need downward pressure and the fact the ball is leaving the ground on the end he touches, is proof he didnt have downward pressure. If he did that end doesnt continue to spiral upwards.

You also need conclusive evidence to overturn the referee. The evidence we had doesn't prove he had downward pressure.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Its not a try because the ball was rising and bent his fingers backwards as it brushed his finger tip. Your screenshots confirm this.

A finger nail brushing the ball is not pressure. Onfield ref made the onlt call he could, video referee confirmed it.

Make less sense have you seen how much his finger is bent it has to be on the ground to bend it that much.. The ball bouncing of the ground could itself not bend it that much...

So much stupidity in this thread now.. I was hoping for a no try but clearly it is a try...

Latest posts