What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14 players on the field: Souths v Broncos

Slammin

Juniors
I'm confused. How are they fining Souffs if they haven't finished their review and Arrow says the official told him he was good to go?

If true how is this the fault of the rabbitohs?

yobbo84

First Grade
Apparently, it was Moale who came on early not Arrow. Arrow subbed on for Tatola.

So Moale starts running on, Burgess does a hit-up, then runs straight off. It was 1 play.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I am sure it had no bearing on the result and I just hope the punishment is consistent with previous punishments for similar occurrences.
What is really amusing is hearing souffs supporters claiming its the all interchange officials fault, how are they going to physically stop an NRL player going in. Not to mention there is also a responsibility of the trainer (and the player) to ensure the interchange is done correctly as well. Even a junior league trainer would question his player going on before the other is off.

yobbo84

First Grade
I am sure it had no bearing on the result and I just hope the punishment is consistent with previous punishments for similar occurrences.
What is really amusing is hearing souffs supporters claiming its the all interchange officials fault, how are they going to physically stop an NRL player going in. Not to mention there is also a responsibility of the trainer (and the player) to ensure the interchange is done correctly as well. Even a junior league trainer would question his player going on before the other is off.
It's actually pretty simple. Player has interchange card in his hand. NRL official won't take the card until he's allowed to run on the field.

If player gives the card to anyone other than the NRL official, the club is in the wrong.
If player gives the card to the NRL official, the NRL is in the wrong.

In this case I think it's Souths who were in the wrong, but given it was a single play and of no consequence, a fine is sufficient.

gerg

Juniors
What is really amusing is hearing souffs supporters claiming it’s eah it’s the all interchange officials fault, how are they going to physically stop an NRL player going in. Not to mention there is also a responsibility of the trainer (and the player) to ensure the interchange is done correctly as well. Even a junior league trainer would question his player going on before the other is off.

yeah it’s a weird one. I’ve seen in the past the replacement being refused entry to the field of play when a bloke is coming off on the medicab, which I think is ridiculous.