What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Sun // Dragons 44-24 Tigers // ANZ

Round 1: Dragons v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
The tigers defence was some of the worst ive ever seen from a first grade side and as a raiders fan I know bad defence.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'm surprised we won, but let's put this into perspective.

It was round 1.

Tigers were missing half a team.

And Bunniesman tipped them.

**EDIT**

So happy to see we got our socks back too!

Mate, you got to enjoy the good times when they come after the shower of shit we've endured the last two years. I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Our forwards actually had a bit of a grunt. We actually had an attack. Widdop is a class act, and exactly what we needed. We won't be a premiership threat this year, but that was an encouraging start. First time we've scored 40 since 2009 too.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Tigers fans slitting their wrists: don't. Plenty of cattle to come back, some very exciting young talent on your books. Who cares if an exceptionally talented 19 year old kid in his second game can't tackle? He's hardly the first. It's something that can be worked on.

One thing I think we did see today is just how valuable Liam Fulton is to the Tigers. They fell apart when he went off.

Vic Mackey

Referee
One thing I think we did see today is just how valuable Liam Fulton is to the Tigers. They fell apart when he went off.

True that mate, he got our player of the year last year (not that he had much competition) for a reason. Our defence generally falls apart when he isn't there and he takes a lot of the tough hit ups.

Anyways even if he stays on it's doubtful he makes much difference today

gronkathon

First Grade
Apart from having some twit who didn't know the rules at all yelling abuse at the reff and "go insert WT players name here I had a really enjoyable afternoon at the football.

Great day for it, really positive atmosphere and a pretty open game of football.

Yes the result was disappointing but it will get better. Tapau & Tedesco were very good. I didn't like the amount of penalties they blew while ignoring a lot of the same for the Dragons but that id Klein really, he does that most weeks to one team or another.

Middle third defence was good to a point and then it was bad, very bad but with penalties, errors, bad last play options and taking a interchange out of rotation it happens.

For me Patterson was the most disappoint thing though.

I was really quite miffed to begin with but hearing Potter on MMM after the game he seemed very aware of the root cause of the problem was in Brooks being called off his game by "senior layers who should know better" Now it is a matter of seeing how he fixes it.

Also would have liked to see Ava get more minutes.

Well done Dragons though, too good on the day

11Straight

Juniors
f**k yeah!! Had a great day the daughter is ecstatic.I'm not expecting much this year but there were definitely some positives out there today.Widdop is a f**king gun I thought we were toast early but great comeback I couldn't be happier keep it up boys :)

Hutty1986

Immortal
At 12-0 I thought the Tiges would put 40+ on us but he hit back really well, so good to have a consistent running weapon at 5/8th. Was always a big fan of Soward but Widdop will be running the footy a lot more and he's very dangerous when he does. I think this side can keep improving and challenge for the 8, but the defence is still a concern. As for the Tiges, as has been mentioned, they have some quality young guns to get back on the paddock and Tedesco is absolutely brilliant. Will be very interesting to see how both sides go next week.

wittyfan

Referee
tumblr_n25zbc6OG71qkc9jco3_1280.png

:(

man2iel_

Juniors
Welcome back to Planet Earth Luke Brooks.

Garreth Widdop was superb; what a debut! Congrats to the Englishmen who I liken a little to James Harden in the NBA who left Durant and Westbrook for Houston to carve out his own name in his chosen profession. Widdop was nothing short of sensational.

Latest posts