What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Thu // Rabbitohs 28-8 Roosters // ANZ

Round 1: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
Souths at full strength have close to the best 13 in the comp, problem for them this year is depth. Look at the their bench with just a couple of injuries, it looks shithouse compared to the other top teams

Not bagging Reynolds? Very disappointed Vic.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How did that work out for you last year?

This year is not last year. Our time has come. Sam Burgess was a boy a year ago. This year he's playing for honour, for respect, for dignity. He either leaves the game as a coward or he leaves the game as a hero who ended our 43 year drought. He's going to be twice the player he was last season.

GI is the best player in the world.

2014 is our year.

Bubbles

Juniors
Good lord BM, my five year old learns quicker than you do! You have given me a great ole belly laugh here, so thanks for that.

Should be a close one, but I'm going to go Chooks by 10. If the vermin do get up, which they very well could, I'll be disappointed for about 10 minutes before remembering that we win our important games in September/October not March and then I'll move on to next week.

Swarzey

Bench
They won the premiership in 2013. Good on them, but it's 2014. It's all about getting the 2014 premiership now. If after tonight we are top of the league and they are bottom that's what it's all about.

They're premiers, they will hold that tag for the season. Your club will remain as the burning pile of failing shit they have been for over 4 decades until you achieve something greater than the Charity Shield.

Beating them Round One means absolutely little and it shows how delusional you are to even think that so much depends on this game.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
This year is not last year. Our time has come. Sam Burgess was a boy a year ago. This year he's playing for honour, for respect, for dignity. He either leaves the game as a coward or he leaves the game as a hero who ended our 43 year drought. He's going to be twice the player he was last season.

2014 is our year.

Get your hand off it mate.
It's Round 1, it means very little in the grand scheme of things. You should be more focused on later in the year when a number of your players return from injury. Then you'll have a gauge of where the Bunnies are truely at.

BranVan3000

Coach
I expect Sam Burgess to absolutely launch himself at the opposition. I expect him to pulverise SBW and co into submission. He cannot leave anything on the field.

And I want that for 24 home and away games and 3 finals games.

If he does that I'll forgive him.

They won the premiership in 2013. Good on them, but it's 2014. It's all about getting the 2014 premiership now. If after tonight we are top of the league and they are bottom that's what it's all about.

It is revenge because chooks can point to what they did 6 months ago but our success will be much more recent.
Sorry mate, regardless a win tonight will be hollow. We won round one last year didn't get us anything in the end

Still looking forward to it, but we won't have any bragging rights over the Premiers in round one

big hit!

Bench
i don't know who is more daft. BM or everyone else who tries to reason with him........again and again.

So what's best for Souths?

A loss tonight and i guarantee any merkin with a slight interest in rugby league will write off souths all year, no matter what.

A win tonight and i guarantee any merkin with a slight interest in rugby league will write off souths all year, no matter what.

BranVan3000

Coach
i don't know who is more daft. BM or everyone else who tries to reason with him........again and again.

So what's best for Souths?

A loss tonight and i guarantee any merkin with a slight interest in rugby league will write off souths all year, no matter what.

A win tonight and i guarantee any merkin with a slight interest in rugby league will write off souths all year, no matter what.

No, there is still credibility in winning week to week, and you need to do it to be competitive in the end. By all means whoever wins this may decide the Minor Premiership

But both teams have bigger objectives in truth

Hutty1986

Immortal

2014 is our year.

This bloke's sharp.

isaiah

Bench
is george out?
if so, nat neale could be added to the bench, would be a good sc buy.
how are the 20's going and where on the net is that score?

Latest posts