What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Thu // Rabbitohs 28-8 Roosters // ANZ

Round 1: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think all this talk of back to back premiers has been grossly exaggerated. The Roosters have been pretty insipid, even for Round 1. SBW has had a shocker.

Spot On

Coach
JWH, looked like Tarzan and played like Jane tonight. Dominated by the Souths team and if he racked up anything decent stat wise - not much hurt them. Cheap stats.

This. Penalised galore and smashed all night = no go forward for the Premiers. Game over.

Rosetta

Juniors
As I said at half-time, a large gap in the fitness between both sides at the moment so it was only going one way this match - the problem for Maguire is his teams taper off at the wrong time, he must learn to let his team go through a slump before the end of the season, so it doesn't hit then like it has the last two seasons.

aqua_duck

Coach
The game against Wigan IMO lulled the roosters into a false sense of security, the tries they scored that game came way too easy, the mistakes they made weren't punished and they've put up the same performance tonight, except those barge over tries haven't happened and the mistakes have been punished. There's been not one play to a fullback sweeping around, no one has been running off SBW's shoulder even though he's the best offloader in the game, the halves haven't taken the line on, it's been so one dimensional, short ball to Cordner hoping he busts the line, short ball to the prop close to the line, and then a kick and hope to Tupou. All up a very insipid performance from the roosters

man2iel_

Juniors
Hard to go past G.I. for man of the match. Not a bad performer though for Souths. Reynolds shone, Walker, the Burgess brothers (excluding Luke) and McQueen was superb. Teo set the tone early on and showed class in attach.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think all this talk of back to back premiers has been grossly exaggerated. The Roosters have been pretty insipid, even for Round 1. SBW has had a shocker.

If Smith, Slater and Cronk could never do it this mob won't.

When players get sore and tired and hurt and running on empty, it comes down to who wants it more. And teams that haven't won it simply want it more than the reigning premiers.

Congrats on the march premiership scabs :lol:

Big crowd. 27k "members" and they get 27k, who seriously believes these counts have more than 15k members

gronkathon

First Grade
Injuries decide who has a shot at the premiership.

Too many cards to be played to declare anybody a lock or gone

mxlegend99

Referee
People ruling roosters out after that remember that they lost round 1 last year to the same side right?

Good to see Souths step up with an average roster. But it means shit all in round 1.

man2iel_

Juniors
Hard to go past G.I. for man of the match. Not a bad performer though for Souths. Reynolds shone, Walker, the Burgess brothers (excluding Luke) and McQueen was superb. Teo set the tone early on and showed class in attach.

Oh well. Sam was brilliant in the first half. You won't get much argument from me for the M.O.M. award. Sam dominated and SBW was never in their one on one contest.

Bubbles

Juniors
Congrats Souffs fans, too good tonight. I would expect a massive verbal reaming from Robbo after the effort from the boys tonight and don't see us putting in another pissweak effort like this next week against Parra.
Love the premature predictions coming after the first game of Round 1, just brilliant stuff.