What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R26 // Fri // Storm 22-12 Broncos // AAMI

Round 26: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Melbourne just too good in the end.

Better set plays.

Better last tackle plays.

Better defence.

Brisbane really dug in but when the pendulum swung their way, they failed to take full advantage. I agree that Hodges over-played his hand. I thought the Broncos really lived or died by the sword tonight and against a team like Melbourne you really need to have varied attack but more importantly strong defence and the Broncos looked mighty shaky.

Still, it wasn't as if Melbourne really bent the Broncos over either. Of the 4 tries, 2 were off kicks and the final an intercept. That's not taking anything away from Melbourne at all, but it wasn't as if the Broncos ever stopped trying.

In the end, I thought it was a quality game of football. The better team won but the Broncos put in a fair account of themselves.

footy75

Bench
Broncos were very good tonight...well done to both sides, just happy to be in front after the 80 minutes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Melbourne were too good, the capitulation to the Sharks has come back to bite us. That said refs are hopeless. It was eitehr a penalty try or a sin bin to Hoffman.

Chainshada

Juniors
Broncos had a terrible first half, seemed they just couldn't hold onto the damn ball, I think Hodges dropped it 3-4 times in the first 20. Refs were pretty bad and was almost about to blow up from all the forward passes the Storm were getting away with, then they ignore one of the worst forward passes I've seen this year to Glenn and calmed down.

Should have had either a penalty try or sin bin for Hoffman, another terrible call but we had no right to win that game with how we played for a good portion of it..Really needed to take advantage of Smith's time off the field.

The Storm contained Vidot extremely well, every week this year he's hit the line, then just strolled another 5-6m with 3 defenders hanging off him, Smith just kept tangling his legs up and it really hurt our efforts getting out of our own 20.

Billythekid

First Grade
I felt like we played better against the roosters. Again though we LOOKED dangerous but just couldn't quite finish off tries. This week and last week i felt like we were so close to putting on a lot of points but just couldn't quite do it.

I feel like we've got a shot in this finals series but i'm not confident at all. I think it really depends who we face as well, warriors in week 1 would probably spell a quick exit for us for example.

typicalfan

Coach
Credit where it's due, Melbourne played like a top side last night. Broncos had 60% of the ball in the first half, if Melbourne had that kind of possession it would have been something like 26-0.

Also Smith playing on with that injury, if it was indeed a high ankle sprain was amazing as well as that injury normally rules players out for up to a month.

Kiwi

First Grade
Melbourne just too good in the end.

Better set plays.

Better last tackle plays.

Better defence.

Brisbane really dug in but when the pendulum swung their way, they failed to take full advantage. I agree that Hodges over-played his hand. I thought the Broncos really lived or died by the sword tonight and against a team like Melbourne you really need to have varied attack but more importantly strong defence and the Broncos looked mighty shaky.

Still, it wasn't as if Melbourne really bent the Broncos over either. Of the 4 tries, 2 were off kicks and the final an intercept. That's not taking anything away from Melbourne at all, but it wasn't as if the Broncos ever stopped trying.

In the end, I thought it was a quality game of football. The better team won but the Broncos put in a fair account of themselves.

This

And congrats Storm