What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 - Round 7 v Eels (Team Lists)

azsportza

Live Update Team
LU_Round_Banner-Forums-r7-NRLparwst_zps3e602e57.jpg

Lu-Banner-Team-WestsTigers_zpsffc82ccc.png

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Pat Richards
6. Braith Anasta
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Joel Luani
10. Keith Galloway
11. Liam Fulton
12. Bodene Thompson
13. Adam Blair

Interchange:
14. Martin Taupau
15. Ava Seumanufagai
16. James Gavet
17. Sitaleki Akauola
18. Blake Austin

Joel Luani will start at hooker in place of Robbie Farah. Kurtis Rowe named at fullback after suffering a corked hip against the Cowboys. Blake Austin named as 18th man.

Full list of injured players here

PARRAMATTA EELS (NRL)
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Semi Radradra
3. Will Hopoate
4. Willie Tonga
5. Ken Sio
6. Corey Norman
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Nathan Peats
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Kenny Edwards
12. Manu Ma’u
13. Joseph Paulo

Interchange:
14. Darcy Lussick
15. Mitch Allgood
16. David Gower
17. Pauli Pauli

HOLDEN CUP TEAMS

Wests Tigers
1. Mason Farrell 2. Tom Satterthwaite 3. Watson Heleta 4. Nathan Milone 5. John Ogden 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Dallas Graham 9. Andrew Kazzi 10. Keni Gavet 11. Salesi Funaki 12. Lamar Liolevave 13. Matthew Woods

Interchange: 14. Fosio Tatola 15. Jake Dooner 16. Tyler Cassell 17. Peter Nay 20. Eli Levido

Parrmatta Eels
1. Corey Makelim 2. Fabian Goodall 3. John Folau 4. Nathan Davis 5. Halauafu Lavaka 6. Ryan Matterson 7. Zach Docker-Clay 8. Tepai Tepu-Smith 9. Kaysa Pritchard 10. Kelepi Tanginoa 11. Tepai Moeroa 12. Eric Newbigging 13. Josh Aloiai

Interchange: 14. Joey Lussick 15. Fred Junior Mauala 16. Jordan Muna 17. Jeff Markus

VB NSW CUP TEAMS
Saturday, 12th April – 3PM at Belmore Sports Ground

Wests Tigers (5th)
1. Daniel Abou-Sleiman 2. Marika Koroibete 3. Keith Lulia 4. Asipeli Fine 5. Taqele Naiyaravoro 6. Jack Madden 7. Nathan Waters 8. Nathan Brown 9. Manaia Cherrington 10. Ben Murdoch-Masila 11. Corey Paterson 12. Jarrod Farlow (C) 13. Kyle Lovett

Interchange: 14. Michael Bullock 15. Jack Buchanan 16. Andy Fiagatusa 17. Jy Hitchcox 18. Inno Inosesio 19. Cory Brown 20. Sam Hollis

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (12th)
1. Tyrone Phillips 2. Drury Low 3. Levi Dodd 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Kayne Brennan 6. Lindon Mcgrady 7. Jaline Graham 8. Lloyd Perrett 9. Damien Cook 10. Makahesi Makatoa 11. David Minute 12. Reni Maitua 13. Lachlan Burr

Interchange: 14. Patrick Templeman 15. Steve Azzi 16. Brad Clarke 17. Ed Murphy

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I like how Potter has replaced a Hooker with a Hooker and made no other disruptions.

At the moment we are averaging two injuries a game, with one player coming back the next week and another on the sidelines for extended periods.
I like that we can cover this with depth but we really can't afford any more injuries

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if Austin makes his way onto the bench though, as cover for Luani, as I'm not sure he's got a full 80 mins in him.

DanOz

Juniors
This will be a tough game without Farah and Teddy. Hope our forwards are as good as they have been. I thought Austin was unlucky not to keep his spot BUT understand that Potter opted for Anasta's experience without Farah there to help Brooks

DanOz

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if Austin makes his way onto the bench though, as cover for Luani, as I'm not sure he's got a full 80 mins in him.
I understand why, but hope they opt for 4 forwards. The impact of our bench has been huge this year

WT Unity

Juniors
I understand why, but hope they opt for 4 forwards. The impact of our bench has been huge this year

I agree - I'm liking four forwards on the bench. Blake was good last week and I'm sure he'll get chances throughout the year, but with Farah out Banasta needs to be there (surprising myself to say so but he has been better this year and committed). I also notice Parra have not wasted time on getting Lusick back into the team. That Ma'u is a pretty tough guy as well, I think Parra are feeling this will be a test for their pack and they are bringing out the big guns....we will need to do the same!

Tiger05

First Grade
I think that is a pretty good side. I'm not sold on Rowe however I like the 4 forwards on the bench and swapping players can be a nightmare. SImona needs to get used to that right side if Potter continues to play him there and moving him to fullback might delay that.

Lets be honest Potter deserves us all to STFU based upon how well the team has been performing.

Juniors
This will show if our forwards are dominating on the back of Farah's form or if Farah is dominating on the back if the forwards.

Should be an interesting game.

What Potter has done this year, 4 forwards on bench and replacing a 1 with a 1 etc has worked fine.

If it ain't broken, don't fixit is a great way to go whilst he can.

Much better than the pre-Potter days when, it was broken, SHeens broke it some more.

I am not sold on Rowe, i might be being a bit harsh on him but he hardly tried to get involved last week while he was on the field,hopefully he will display a better showing this week.
I dare say our game plan will be based around our forwards and getting a good kick away on the last.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I was talking with a mate about the tigers and it was funny because he mentioned one of our strengths was our Front row rotation and halfback...

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!

Vic Mackey

Referee
I would look to bring Austin in on the bench for akauloa. I hate changing a winning combo but without farah and teddy Austin would bring in some more creativity

Matchball

Bench
We will win if we stick to our forward pack rotation. Plain and simple.
Austen off the bench makes no sense. Fulton can play hooker for 20 mins and we will be normal.

I'm actually excited to see what Brooks can do without any help. Big test for the boy.

Haven't heard who replaces Fulton and have been channel surfing.

I hope they call in a forward, BMM maybe ? looking at the NSW Cup preview (official site) for this round, it does say Manila has possibly been the form forward of the competition of late.

Just prefer that Potter sticks with a forward because Parra will try to take them on with their forwards and should be good to see Fui Fui and the TIgers going at each other.

N.C.

Juniors
Sitaleki Akauola to start (see WT site linked above). Austin to the bench, apparently has been training at hooker. (Read something on Twitter, quoting Farah - can't find link now...)