What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 - Round 8 v Titans (Team Lists)

azsportza

Live Update Team
LU_Round_Banner-Forums-R8-2014_zps4d3a736b.jpg

Lu-Banner-Team-WestsTigers_zpsffc82ccc.png

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Pat Richards
6. Braith Anasta
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Joel Luani
10. Keith Galloway
11. Liam Fulton
12. Bodene Thompson
13. Adam Blair

Interchange:
14. Martin Taupau
15. Ava Seumanufagai
16. Blake Austin
17. Sitaleki Akauola

Liam Fulton returns from a shoulder injury. James Gavet ruled out for FOUR WEEKS due a grade 1 hamstring injury.

Full list of injured players here

Lu-Banner-Team-Titans_zps1137cc59.jpg

1. David Mead
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Maurice Blair
4. Brad Takairangi
5. Anthony Don
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Albert Kelly
8. Luke Douglas
9. Beau Falloon
10. Nate Myles
11. Greg Bird
12. David Taylor
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
14. Mark Ioane
15. Ryan James
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Paul Carter

18th man:
18. William Zillman

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
Gold Coast Titans named. Matt White will be out for two games due to his dangerous throw charge.

Matchball

Bench
The speedy backline has is the only thing that has me worried.
Carve us up if we don't turn up in defence.

Our defence out wide is terrible,both times we have been beat this year we were carved up out wide and Parra made our out side defence look brittle again yesterday.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Anasta and Rowe again

Hope everyone has their wake up call booked for 4.50 on Sunday

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
Clown!? You realise he has played TWO NRL games, not even complete games.

Clown may be a bit harsh. But I share the sentiment. Are we waiting till we lose a match first before admitting Rowe is not up to it?

Problem is there really in no one else. I don't want to see Simona moved. Our motto should be like-for-like replacements, no exceptions whatsoever. So in saying that I guess Rowe it is. I just hope he actually attempts to get involved this week and add something offensively. Although I will settle for an error free game with good positioning.

Juniors
We need to concede that we don't have an attacking full back that even comes close to Teddy, we've been spoilt.

Surely there's a player with some size that can catch and run the ball back hard and get our sets off to a good start, a Mitch Brown style player will do.

I don't think Rowe will improve too much in the next 7 weeks, just doesn't have the size to back up any confidence he may get with time.

He's copped some on here but I feel for him, he's far from ready for 1st grade.

I strongly disagreed with Potter on Blair and Thompson.
Maybe I should just accept he knows what he is doing with Anasta and Rowe.
He seems to be getting almost everything else right.

macnaz

Staff member
That is two Nrl games that he should not of played imo,at this stage of his career he is not ready!:roll:

Im all for giving him the 2 games to show what he has ,,,, but he has shown he has f**k all so next option please !

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm so happy to see Austin in the squad. Even if its just on the bench, it's a clear statement that Potter wants him involved and is close to getting a starting spot.

With Rowe, yes he might not be quite up to it yet but he will be getting valuable experience from this. If we were losing games then I would be a bit worried but we aren't...he's only going to get better.

chopsy_05

Juniors
This is a big game. A solid win missing some personnel leading up to the week off will put the club in a great position. I'm hoping we might have a few players back after this game. Sirro sue maybe even Farah.

dumpy

Juniors
The outside backs better bring their best defence to the table. Last week Lawrence was caught in no mans land several times and the eels were not smart enough to take full advantage. The titans are a far more competitive team than the hapless eels and have an attacking speedy fullback. Playing at LO is an ace.

Bench
The outside backs better bring their best defence to the table. Last week Lawrence was caught in no mans land several times and the eels were not smart enough to take full advantage. The titans are a far more competitive team than the hapless eels and have an attacking speedy fullback. Playing at LO is an ace.

Rowdy also made some try savers as well,and his stats were 20 tackles zero misses,I thought Rowdy had his best game of the year,did you watch the same game.