What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R1 | Sat | NEW 24-14 WAR | Hunter

Round 1: Knights v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rebel

First Grade
Bugger. Had that pass of stuck, many would have been in.

Really good baptism of fire for the rookies but they ran out of puff

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Very proud effort. Considering our injuries before and during the game it was always going to be very tough to come to Newcastle and get the win. Had more than enough opportunities to win it, but towards the back end of the game inexperience and a bit of panic really hurt us.

perverse

Referee
Gagai MoM for sure. Will be a shame if he chooses to go back to Brisbane... I don't know why he would, we're a better team.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
2090ev5.jpg

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Good game Knights.

Again, very proud of the effort, regardless of how hard some want to troll in here, there were plenty of positive signs in that loss.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Between Kimmorley, Gasnier, and Anasta I think I'll just head out until the next game. Not going to hear anything positive about the Warriors from that lot.

Swarzey

Bench
No surprises that it was a scrappy game but there was plenty to suggest we'll do well this season. Aku looks like he's getting back to his 2010/2011 form, Gagai was top notch, Sione was strong at the back, Roberts was amazing in defense. I think Mullen seemed a little too keen to run the ball and place useless kicks. Then again when the two strongest aspects of your game are restricted for three years you can't blame him in the early rounds.

Same ol' with the Warriors to start the season but your youth was nothing short of incredible and once Johnson finds his feet for 2015 then there's plenty to be excited for. Townsend could be a problem; brilliant one minute, plodder the next.

Overall, fun game that suggests plenty for this year. Not the fantastic game I hoped for but it was far from poor. Just glad to get the win straight up after last season.

Ladmate

Bench
Knights should enjoy this while it lasts. Gidley will be back soon and one of the gun backs will be dropped.