What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El Duque

Bench
You forgot to add this bit

Both captains emphasised that they had in no way put their heads together to agree such a contrived ending. Brian Lara bridled at the use of the word 'collusion'. ``We don't play our cricket that way,'' he said tersely.

El Duque

Bench
The article that you got the quote from is hinting that so they deny it.

Also, the difference was Aus went into that game with the attitude they MUST win.

Iwonder ifN.Z. EVER tried to win.

Just have a look at their bowling. Sth Afica were 4/35 going at 2.91 RPO after 12 overs. They ended up 5/270 after taking 105 runs off the last 10 overs.

Then there was N.Z.' batting performance which we all know about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow (post # 279) [to JoeD]: "Show us an incident where Steve Waugh has told his players to lose a match."

JoeD (# 280): "Whats losing got to do with it? It has already been agreed that the aussies batted slowly in the game against the WI. For this to occur members of the team would have to be encouraged not to perform to the best of their ability.Those who do the encouraging are supposed to be banned for life."

El Duque (# 281): "Batting slowly when in a winning position is not underperforming. "

JoeD (# 284): ""contriving or attempting to contrive the result of any match". carries a life ban."

Dubopov (# 285): JoeD...I haven't been following this Post closely,but do you think Fleming should have been banned for life?..

JoeD: (# 286): "No"

I'm confused by this... are you saying that Waugh should be banned and not Fleming?

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Willow: Right from the beginning I've said I don't have a problem with what Waugh did, nor do I have a problem with what Fleming did, I don't think either of them should be banned.However if Fleming was to be banned then so should Waugh because he effectively broke the same rule and thanks to Bronco now we can also see that headmitted to it.