What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Colk

First Grade
The problem with the Jets is that they are now basically a NSW cup side with a tiny and diminishing junior base. Down to 4 teams.

Well Singo and his cohorts would have to find an area or areas for pathways to be drawn from. It’s not necessarily a bad thing in so far as the model that the game has operated under in not really fit for purpose and somewhat counter productive in terms of expansion. I know your club is investing in areas like Coffs l and I know that the Raiders have currently got a deal with WA and some other areas in southern NSW. Roosters with CC etc.

Finding areas to find outside of some archaic boundaries drawn up from Sydney comp days could benefit the game more generally

Pippen94

First Grade
Well Singo and his cohorts would have to find an area or areas for pathways to be drawn from. It’s not necessarily a bad thing in so far as the model that the game has operated under in not really fit for purpose and somewhat counter productive in terms of expansion. I know your club is investing in areas like Coffs l and I know that the Raiders have currently got a deal with WA and some other areas in southern NSW. Roosters with CC etc.

Finding areas to find outside of some archaic boundaries drawn up from Sydney comp days could benefit the game more generally

Yeah, all those storms junior. Lol..

Pippen94

First Grade
Compared to the ongoing arrogance of the go anywhere bears this from singleton is a breath of fresh air. Actually talking perth up not just his own cause. Maybe west coast jets is a better alternative for us?

“The future of rugby league is in Perth. It has a great stadium, great fan base, great government, great sponsorship market and allows for a new broadcast market with 2.3 million eyeballs.
“It also has potential of participation levels to follow NSW and Queensland.“

No it doesn't. Will never produce players.

Santino Patane

Juniors
Only brand issue is nrl has a plethora of blue jerseys and doesn’t need another one. I wonder what we could do with the colours to not be yet another blue and white nrl team?
If I were making the decision on this one- Black and Gold as the primary colours, with a trim of blue or blue and white (much like what Souths Logan do with their jersey to hearken back to the Scorpions). Then go all out assault on a heritage jersey in the old Newtown Hoops.

For me, Black and Gold would kill it in the NRL and it doubles as your states colours- win win. The fail is that it’s stealing the SC Falcons colours- but I’m probably only one of tens dreaming of the day the Sunny Coast play in the big league!!
1719027264276.png

Wb1234

Referee
If I were making the decision on this one- Black and Gold as the primary colours, with a trim of blue or blue and white (much like what Souths Logan do with their jersey to hearken back to the Scorpions). Then go all out assault on a heritage jersey in the old Newtown Hoops.

For me, Black and Gold would kill it in the NRL and it doubles as your states colours- win win. The fail is that it’s stealing the SC Falcons colours- but I’m probably only one of tens dreaming of the day the Sunny Coast play in the big league!!
View attachment 89960

black and gold will never fold

Vlad59

Juniors

View attachment 89960
That’s a great jersey

reanimate

Bench
Only brand issue is nrl has a plethora of blue jerseys and doesn’t need another one. I wonder what we could do with the colours to not be yet another blue and white nrl team?

newtownjets23members.jpg

Black and blue with gold trim?

Steel Saints

Juniors
The colours could be black, blue and gold. Then it's a case of which colour should be the dominant one on the jersey.

Vlad59

Juniors
I think its fair to say the sane posters on this thread:
1. Support a Perth Team with a feeder club out of Sydney not called the Bears;
2. Think Perth should be team 18;
3. Believe all Perth games, unsurprisingly, should be played out of Perth; and
3. Think the north Sydney bears should go get stuffed.

I think that’s pretty right.

Brian potter

Bench
I think its fair to say the sane posters on this thread:
1. Support a Perth Team with a feeder club out of Sydney not called the Bears;
2. Think Perth should be team 18;
3. Believe all Perth games, unsurprisingly, should be played out of Perth; and
3. Think the north Sydney bears should go get stuffed.

I think that’s pretty right.
Somebody can’t count.