What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

flippikat

Bench
Panthers 1990

before Ben Alexander died and the club fell apart

exactly the same

raiders cheated fhe cap trying to keep their team together

this Penrith team loses players each year and keeps winning
You could argue that the situation at Penrith NOW is what the 1991 Panthers Premiership hinted at, but that dynasty-in-the-making was cruelled by Ben Alexander's untimely passing (and the fallout from it).

MugaB

Coach
You could argue that the situation at Penrith NOW is what the 1991 Panthers Premiership hinted at, but that dynasty-in-the-making was cruelled by Ben Alexander's untimely passing (and the fallout from it).
Roosters also taking matty sing and brad fittler too, basically superleague fkd everything as players jump ship and went elsewhere, brandy to warriors, MG to reds, etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Perth had just over a year to recruit they would run dead last

they will need a long lead in to attract players unlike the dolphins had
No argument here, ideally theyll announce perth next year for 2028 kickmoff. Nsw cup admission 2026. Gives govt time to upgrade hbf, nrlwa time to improve jnrs and build the CofE, new club time to recruit, build membership and get started in second tier for 2 years. That’d be the ideal. Alas this is the nrl so I expect none of that to happen.

Wb1234

Referee
No argument here, ideally theyll announce perth next year for 2028 kickmoff. Nsw cup admission 2026. Gives govt time to upgrade hbf, nrlwa time to improve jnrs and build the CofE, new club time to recruit, build membership and get started in second tier for 2 years. That’d be the ideal. Alas this is the nrl so I expect none of that to happen.
Agreed

it will be png not Perth

Wb1234

Referee
That’s exactly what I’m saying

they’ve done this before

Wb1234

Referee
Roosters also taking matty sing and brad fittler too, basically superleague fkd everything as players jump ship and went elsewhere, brandy to warriors, MG to reds, etc
Brandy and mg left cause of Ben Alexander

pretty sure brandy went back home for a year or two after warriors before retiring

Gus taking freddy was massive

transit lounge became a strong club then under Gus

Wb1234

Referee
Meninga Coyne Jackson...
Yeh I had coyne and Jacko in my head

omg can’t believe I forgot meninga
Sure I think you are looking at aesthetics on how they play and confusing it with the process.

As I said I’m not begrudging them in any way but they have done it the same way as a lot of other teams in similar situations. They invest and develop juniors but before they enter first grade they recruit and surround them with experienced players to teach them and help guide them so they are not literally walking into first grade coming dead last. Those juniors then take over.

It is a strategy that might or might not work depending on whether you recruit the right players initially, set up the right systems of coaching and development and have the luck/fortune that those young players develop to the players you want

Melbourne did it in the early 2000’s. Knights did in the early 90’s. Canberra ditto in the mid to late 1980’s. Penrith started the process about a decade ago. Manly did it about 20 or so years ago.

Good on them and I agree I’d rather a team do it this then throw the blank cheque out like some other clubs have.

Other teams had to cheat the cap to sustain Ther sucess

Penrith lost kikau and korisau (plus a load of others) last year. Cleary does his hamstring for seven weeks this year

and yet they are still coming first

bulldogs signed half the panthers team and two Penrith assistants and are still awful

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the refs ever stop penrith being offside they’ll be in trouble lol. Storm used the ptb control for thei success, Penrith uses moving off the line every play.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
AFL Red acting like he watches rugby league.

It will take decades for Perth to develop a decent junior. If you don't believe me look no further than the storm who are 25 years and counting without contributing any juniors to the pool.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agreed

it will be png not Perth
Maybe, maybe not

Vlandys June 19th 2023

"Perth has to be high on the table now, especially with a premier so passionate about wanting to have a team there. They warrant serious consideration,"
“If you've got a government that's going to get 100 per cent behind you, you've got a run-up start. We had a really good conversation and we'll be chatting again. The fact he rang in his first week in the job shows how keen they are.”

Wb1234

Referee
Maybe, maybe not

Vlandys June 19th 2023

"Perth has to be high on the table now, especially with a premier so passionate about wanting to have a team there. They warrant serious consideration,"
“If you've got a government that's going to get 100 per cent behind you, you've got a run-up start. We had a really good conversation and we'll be chatting again. The fact he rang in his first week in the job shows how keen they are.”
And yet yesterday you were quoting vlanyds saying rusted on afl states

lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was supporting expansion in Perth when you were deciding when to have your next shower in east hull
From the stands at the scg with your swannies singlet on?

I was at don valley stadium watching western reds whilst you were cheering on your afl team lol

Wb1234

Referee
From the stands at the scg with your swannies singlet on?

I was at don valley stadium watching western reds whilst you were cheering on your afl team lol
Yeh nobody cared about super league reds that’s why news killed them off

I’m talking about when the arl admitted them and they had the support of all of Sydney to succeed

we were so happy to see our competition go from the nswrl to Perth

bringing our great game to the unwashed all over Australia

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh nobody cared about super league reds that’s why news killed them off

I’m talking about when the arl admitted them and they had the support of all of Sydney to succeed

we were so happy to see our competition go from the nswrl to Perth

bringing our great game to the unwashed all over Australia
Yeh we felt the same when the convicts took up OUR great game lol

Latest posts