What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

BuffaloRules

Coach
L
maybe, all we know officially is:

def bids

PNG
Western Bears
The Jets
Easts Tigers

Then
SI
Kea
Fiji
who had publicly announced they intended to bid.

Anyone else is speculation.

I’m pretty sure Wellington mentioned a week or so back as at least expressing interest …

Perth Red

Post Whore
L

I’m pretty sure Wellington mentioned a week or so back as at least expressing interest …
media speculation, same as auckland2. there was no official comment from anyone or even who that someone was. There may well have been a different WA bid for all we know.

Ive just listed the 7 genuine publicly announced interested bidders we have heard from.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They do but it’s been said multiple times there are 11 bids

The number of times it’s said doesn’t make it any more correct … and as it turns out , the latest is we are down to a maximum of 9….

More to the point … the deadline is long passed .. why doesn’t Abdo announce the bids so media dickheads wouldn’t need to speculate on rumours?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The number of times it’s said doesn’t make it any more correct … and as it turns out , the latest is we are down to a maximum of 9….

More to the point … the deadline is long passed .. why doesn’t Abdo announce the bids ?
Often these things are done in commercial confidentiality so there will be no announcement of who has bid. Now the papers are full of Bears, and now Jets we may see others try and get some column inches in the foolish belief it may swing the NRL to them.

Presuming the 7 who publicly said they were going to bid have, and the 9 submissions are to be believed, that leaves 2 unknowns at this point.

Wb1234

Referee
B

More to the point … the deadline is long passed .. why doesn’t Abdo announce the bids so media dickheads wouldn’t need to speculate on rumours?
no need too
not really there is seemingly one license up for grabs and potentially 7 bids fighting for it.
chch will be a choice from 3

BuffaloRules

Coach
Often these things are done in commercial confidentiality so there will be no announcement of who has bid. Now the papers are full of Bears, and now Jets we may see others try and get some column inches in the foolish belief it may swing the NRL to them.

Presuming the 7 who publicly said they were going to bid have, and the 9 submissions are to be believed, that leaves 2 unknowns at this point.

Further speculation though isn’t it?” Presuming the 7”…

The NRL has gone through a tender process … obviously some of the bids don’t want to remain confidential … so why not release a statement with those ones named ?

I mean .. it gets the NRL further mention in the news cycle doesn’t it?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Further speculation though isn’t it?” Presuming the 7”…

The NRL has gone through a tender process … obviously some of the bids don’t want to remain confidential … so why not release a statement with those ones named ?

I mean .. it gets the NRL further mention in the news cycle doesn’t it?
for sure, but those 7 all publicly said they intended to bid. if they did or not is speculation and probably always will be as NRL wont release it, like I said it will be tied up in commercial confidentiality.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Strongest option only for team 20 lol
it would appear that the other license have been decided on strategic importance (Perth) and financial opportunity (PNG). License 20 may be the same in regards to NZ (strategic) or Brisbane (financial/risk). Who knows, its all just educated guesswork.

Wb1234

Referee
it would appear that the other license have been decided on strategic importance (Perth) and financial opportunity (PNG). License 20 may be the same in regards to NZ (strategic) or Brisbane (financial/risk). Who knows, its all just educated guesswork.
Anything less than ten years between Brisbane teams is rushed

dolphins and broncos will be dead against it

BuffaloRules

Coach
for sure, but those 7 all publicly said they intended to bid. if they did or not is speculation and probably always will be as NRL wont release it, like I said it will be tied up in commercial confidentiality.

I guess we will see if all the bidders are ultimately made public … at least the locations anyway … I’ve learnt over the years that not many things remain a secret in the NRL indefinitely