What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1982: KB Cup Qtr Final Combined-Brisbane vs Parramatta

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Watching all these replays he is not a remarkable athlete. He sort of runs like one of the Two Ronnies or something.
I don't remember him well but watching his highlights I'm astounded there weren't two better centres than him in NSW. The only times he ever does anything noteworthy with his running game is when the opposition is too busy marking the other more dangerous Parra players. I'm sure lingard and co will vehemently disagree.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well I’m now convinced.

Cronin was shit and highly overrated.
Should have his picture taken off the wall of the Wall of Fame at Parra Leagues.

T-Boon

Coach
Well while we are down this Cronin was over rated rabbit hole........am I the only one thinks Kenny was better than Sterling and Sterling should give Kenny half of his money?

And can someone direct me to the games where Sterling plays better than good. He made a couple half breaks in the 86 GF and everyone drops their load over it.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well while we are down this Cronin was over rated rabbit hole........am I the only one thinks Kenny was better than Sterling and Sterling should give Kenny half of his money?

And can someone direct me to the games where Sterling plays better than good. He made a couple half breaks in the 86 GF and everyone drops their load over it.

Half his money?
Why stop there? Just make him hand over all his money, his house, family and career as well. I’m sure all of that came as a result of the lie that was his greatness.

blue bags

First Grade
Cronin was the conductor, the maestro. the statue that fed all those around him , with very solid ,safe reliable passes

Kenny was a better footballer and athlete than Sterlo, but Sterlo had his hands on the ball a lot more often. Kenny is still the best natural 'footballer' I've seen.

Eelogical

Referee
The old saying, a champion team will beat a team of champions. The Eels in the early 80's had several superstars mingled with some average players, kinda like the Storm of today, but way better. As far as Cronin is concerned, he was the man in charge of the backline. He had a presence that always deserved respect from his opposing players.

Eelogical

Referee
Kenny was a better footballer and athlete than Sterlo, but Sterlo had his hands on the ball a lot more often. Kenny is still the best natural 'footballer' I've seen.
I agree with this. I'd like to give Paul Taylor a heads up in this discussion. He probably has the highest tackle count for a fullback, ever.