What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1988 NSWRL Panasonic Cup Final - Balmain Tigers v St George Dragons

Gareth67

First Grade
Little bit before my time but so good to hear great commentary unlike the dribble we get today. They actually call the game in front of them and call a spade a spade.
C77D8144-FF02-45AB-909C-21B455021F05.jpeg
None other than Rex Mossop , known as the ‘ moose ‘ who played for Manly as a prop , who could talk anyone under the table with his eloquent speech . He would leave me “ absolutely flabbergasted ! “ .

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Two things stand out for me in this game. Bertie bloody Gordon was as maligned ( deservedly ) by most supporters in a Stan Gorton type of way. His try won us the game. Craig Young was a shadow of himself the last 2 years of his contract but this game he should ( did ? ) have got man of the match.

blue bags

First Grade
some of my work mates were tigers fans,
they gave me shit before the game
thinking they had a definite win
I'm thinking nah, not after the dragons great semi final win
tigers had played in 5 finals before they were confident defending champs
they had a great pack of forwards
I laughed for months' ☺️

Walpole

Juniors
The greatest moment of what was a pretty poor time in the late 80's for Dragons supporters. Will never forget the step Johnno put on backdoor Benny before sending the great Ricky Walford away for a try. Good times.

Latest posts