What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

lockyno1

Post Whore
Happy with the selection. It's a punt but it's not as if Wade or Nevill worked so why not take a gamble. Paine is elite behind the stumps. We've picked a top class glove man. Good.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tim Paine? Marsh AGAIN? Dropping Renshaw?

Your captain, coach and CA as a whole are completely cooked in the head.

Perhaps England have a chance after all if Stokes can stop bashing people and get on the field ASAP.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Go home selectors your drunk.

They keep Paine out of the Tassie side for that little Plank Wade Nek Minnit lets pick him in the test side because he is the best keeper in the country apparently. Renshaw deserved another crack on his home ground and the less said about Darsh getting another go the better. Honestly they have no idea what the f**k is going on ATM.

King hit

Coach
Renshaw is an absolute shit form. He hasn't passed 20 in 9 innings. Bancroft has made a big score of late. The decision makes sense

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Im actually confused by the selections

Someone on reddit said that this is marsh 8th recall into the side. Is thia true and would that be a record ?

Timbo

Staff member
Wait. Wait. Wait.

What.

Wait.

What?

I'm on board with Paine. Ish. Wait. Am I? Or do I just hate Wade that much?

Paine had only kept in one first class game this summer?

Wait. Marsh?

Wait.

I'm really confused guys. I'm really, really confused.

This whole f**king panel has to go. This is so bizarre on so many levels. It's not even bad, it's just... it's the kind of selections you'd make after ten beers and five eccies. I just don't get it at all.

Eelectrica

Referee
Hope they've got the laugh track ready when they announce the side. Gonna need it.
Paine leapfrogging Wade is hilarious though.
Bancroft is automatic on current form. I hope Renshaw gets his head back in the game sooner than later though. Who else is going to save us from the Marshes?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The most ludicrous thing about paine is CA clearly requested tasmania play wade at keeper so he had a crack at finding some form. Indeed paine played shield cricket this round as a batsman

So paine has been robbed of keeping time by cricket australia and then they select him ahead or wade. They havent a clue what to do about the keeper situation

OVP

Coach
There is one common denominator in all these shit selections, now and in the past. Trevor Hohns.

The guy is the greatest cancer in cricket in this country and always has been. I remember years ago, when we had a shit hot team, Hohns was Chairman of selectors back then too. I remember him clearly continually dropping Michael Slater for Hayden when he was at the peak of his form, not once or twice but a lot more (he never liked him because he scored his runs quick and preferred a plodder).

Hayden was only young then, but he was always a flat track bully, could only ever score his runs on a dead wicket and watching him bat on a seaming wicket facing Ambrose, Younis, Akram etc was comical. But the idiot Hohns never learned, he never does. Every time Hayden batted for Oz in Oz, he would fail all the time as we had different pitches back then to what we have now and there were a lot better quality fast bowlers too. He would split one of our best all time opening partnerships in Slater/Taylor for his little "experiments". And poor Slater would always have to be rushed back to save our arses. He was treated the same as Usman Khawaja is now. Hohns always plays favourites and always picks his little butt boys who continually fail.

The same things that are happening now, happened back in the 90s too. Common denominator = Trevor Hohns as Chairman of Selectors.

This clown has to be burned at the freaking stake imo. Australia will never be as good as they can be under this idiot's command. HE MUST GO and be exiled from cricket in this country forever. I would actually like to see how the other selectors go without this clown's presence. I bet they wouldn't be as shit without him there cancering up the joint.

JJ

Immortal
interesting...

Haven't seen much of his, is Paine a good keeper, always thought Neville was tidy... only ordinary though

Great to see SMarsh the future of Australian cricket cricket back, what were they thinking with Renshaw?!?!?!?