What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

lockyno1

Post Whore
The lack of even a part time medium pacer in the 6 is a bit of a worry to me. The reason Harris and Johnson were so lethal last time was because Siddle and Watson could bowl long spells with the old ball alongside Lyon, keeping them fresh. Who's going to do that in this side?

Smith should drop his ego and bowl a bit more then. He's a better bowler than most of the other options!

Fangs

Coach
Well now England can well and truly win the Ashes. Preparing for a not so big upset in Brisbane.

The selection of Tim Paine has got to be the most shithouse decision of the century. Even as a fan of Tim Paine I can't justify it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I don't know. I'm not a Neville fan, I only wanted Neville in the side if it meant Wade wasn't.

That said Neville is a better batsman than one tonne Tim.

They are both meh with the bat. They have picked an equally good gloveman and everyone knows Paine is a chirpy little you know what behind the stumps. It is one of Nevill's big weaknesses. He barely says a word!

Timbo

Staff member
They are both meh with the bat. They have picked an equally good gloveman and everyone knows Paine is a chirpy little you know what behind the stumps. It is one of Nevill's big weaknesses. He barely says a word!

Yeah, a 'weakness'.

If we're still picking keepers because of 'chirp' and not solely on 'ability to keep wicket' then the selectors need to be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah, a 'weakness'.

If we're still picking keepers because of 'chirp' and not solely on 'ability to keep wicket' then the selectors need to be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

They are both similar keepers, both are A quality gloveman. If their batting is seen to be similar by the selectors then I can see why they looked at other factors.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
sorry, dont believe this leaked team, even our dumf**ks aren't this stupid

surely we won name a keeper who doesn't even keep for his state, bit of a slap in the face to Neville and Carey
Honestly Twiz how could you ever doubt the stupidity of our selectors???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Paine has kept in 3 FC games in two seasons and has average less than 20 his last 3 sheild seasons.

Hey he’s an upgrade on Wade but nothing these clueless selectors do makes any sense.

I reckon if my last name was Marsh I would of played a test or two at least.

Fangs

Coach
How in the world of f**k have Tim Paine's stocks risen in the eyes of our selectors? I still can't figure this one out. Nothing makes sense about it.

Bazal

Post Whore

Lol. Any wonder someone as dumb as Locky is fooled by the obsession with chirp?

Bazal

Post Whore
Paine has kept in 3 FC games in two seasons and has average less than 20 his last 3 sheild seasons.

Hey he’s an upgrade on Wade but nothing these clueless selectors do makes any sense.

I reckon if my last name was Marsh I would of played a test or two at least.

That's just about it. Like I said on a personal level I'm quite happy for Paine. I like the guy as a player and I think he was absolutely robbed of a good solid career by his injuries.

But how does he get the job back based on what he's done lately? It just doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't have dropped Renshaw but at least Bancroft makes sense in terms of form and ability. Marsh....sigh.

Matt23

Staff member
Marsh has had how many recalls? Paine?!
Might as well appoint Langer has a selector since the midget has so much sway, Chappell & Hohn can both gtfo, still not sold on Junior as a selector either.

Bazal

Post Whore
Before the potato webcam Fox News 500 were talking the press conference on kicked the bucket, this happened (paraphrased)....

Crash Craddock: "Are you worried that Tim Paine was overlooked for Jake Doran as a keeper last season in Tasmania?"
Trevor Hohns: "I can't comment on what went on in Tasmania last season because I wasn't aware of what was happening."

What? WHAT? You're a f**king SELECTOR! It's your job to be aware of what's f**king happening in the Shield!!

gUt

Coach
23659638_10154703066416442_6220351467897646882_n.jpg

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Guess this means that Renshaw's net session didn't go well.. why bother putting him through that if they knew he had to back to shield to find form. Really weird stuff

Timbo

Staff member
Before the potato webcam Fox News 500 were talking the press conference on kicked the bucket, this happened (paraphrased)....

Crash Craddock: "Are you worried that Tim Paine was overlooked for Jake Doran as a keeper last season in Tasmania?"
Trevor Hohns: "I can't comment on what went on in Tasmania last season because I wasn't aware of what was happening."

What? WHAT? You're a f**king SELECTOR! It's your job to be aware of what's f**king happening in the Shield!!

The number of times I heard Mark Waugh say 'haven't seen much of this bloke' during the BBL commentary over the last few years when it was someone like Behrendorff who should be in consideration is shocking.

The selectors clearly don't pay attention to the Shield. They clearly have their favourites - Marsh(s), Wade, Maxwell - and they just pick them regardless of form.

It's disgusting how poorly they execute their role. They need to be removed and there needs to be reform of the entire process.

gUt

Coach
MacGill got a couple of reds into him and started tweeting:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...g/news-story/e7928ae106318ad6995640258e9d60fe

Stuart MacGill slams selectors over Peter Nevill’s Ashes snubbing

FORMER Test great Stuart MacGill has launched a scathing attack on Australian selectors following Peter Nevill’s snubbing for the Ashes.
MacGill declared that Tim Paine’s bolt from the blue to leapfrog Paine should be the end of the road for the current selection panel.

Nevill was strongly linked with a return to the keeping position he was controversially axed from 12 months ago, and had the support of ex-players Adam Gilchrist, Steve Waugh and Ian Healy.

However, despite Nevill emerging as the frontrunner, he was unable to land a knockout blow with the bat in the opening rounds of the Sheffield Shield, and in the end Paine has come from the clouds.

MacGill described Nevill’s omission as a disgrace.

“How about we pick a player who can do the job he’s selected for,” MacGill posted on twitter alongside a picture of Nevill.

“Forget Ferry McFerryface, let’s vote on the idiots that pick the Australian cricket team.”

MacGill continued his criticism in a series of other posts.

If (Peter Nevill) isn’t being selected because he doesn’t score enough runs then perhaps the Australian captain should remember the day he was first selected for an Ashes series,” said MacGill, alluding to Steve Smith’s first match against England in Perth in 2010.

“Ashes selections … made by morons masquerading as mentors. Times (sic) up gents.”

Nevill would now appear highly unlikely to play for Australia again, unless there’s an injury to Paine in this Ashes series.

Both men are 32, and it’s likely the next man to don the gloves for Australia will be a younger option.

Latest posts