What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st C/H ODI: Australia v New Zealand at SCG, March 13th 2020

TheParraboy

Staff member
This is it, the revenge the kiwis have been waiting for

Starts 230pm Friday NSW time (D/N match)

Have an opportunity to go to this, and will do, provided they giving away free tickets or its a gold coin donation
Screw paying top dollar at the start of the footy season to watch our rabble of a ODI

Kiwis go up 1-0 here

You can put your house on it with confidence

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have known all this or a while, dumb stupid move idea , 2 ODIs in Sydney, smack bang when RD 1 NRL starts

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/clarke-blasts-timing-of-odi-fixtures-20200309-p5487q.html

Clarke blasts timing of ODI fixtures

Michael Clarke has slammed the timing of Australia's upcoming ODI series against New Zealand, saying he would be surprised if anyone turns up to the games.

The former Australia captain says the matches are merely token and can only be for money.

The Aussies will face the Black Caps at the SCG on Friday and Sunday, before the third and final match of the series at Blundstone Arena on March 20, which makes it the latest finish to an international season in Australia outside World Cups since 1979.

Australia coach Justin Langer has voiced his concern about the mental fatigue arising from a packed international schedule in recent days, after his team suffered a 3-0 loss to South Africa in Johannesburg in their ODI series.

The Australian squad returns home from South Africa on Monday and have just days to prepare for New Zealand's visit.

"The truth is we've got some weary boys at the moment, particularly our senior players," Langer said before the Australian squad's departure from South Africa.

"They play so much cricket.

"They went straight from the IPL which was almost a year ago, straight to the World Cup, straight to the Ashes and what's been a golden summer for us until, probably, these last three one-dayers.

"We'll have those discussion in the next few weeks.

"We've probably learned the lessons from that in the past as well when the guys are playing all three forms, and playing IPL ... even the best of the best, staying 100 per cent sharp all the time is really hard to do."

Over the next six months, Australia have white-ball tours of New Zealand and England, a Test series in Bangladesh and home fixtures against the Black Caps, Zimbabwe and the West Indies.

Clarke says there are too many games of cricket and he can't see the benefit of this series.

"Absolute token games of cricket," he said on Big Sports Breakfast radio.

"To be honest, I can't believe it. I'm a cricket fan through and through, but whoever has made the decision to put these three ODIs on, it's footy season.

"Cricket season is finished. What a great way to finish it with the women winning the World Cup as well.

"I'll be very surprised if anybody turns up to watch those games.

"We're playing way too much. We don't need to. This can only be for money. I'm not even sure who's making money from it. TV rights, how many people are tuning in?"

jargan83

Coach
Forgot this series was a thing.

Whoever decided 2 games in Sydney was a smart idea during Round 1 of the NRL needs to be fired out of a canon into the sun because nobody will be watching.

_snafu_

Immortal
Australia coach Justin Langer has voiced his concern about the mental fatigue arising from a packed international schedule in recent days, after his team suffered a 3-0 loss to South Africa in Johannesburg in their ODI series.

Lol

The reason why we lost the ODI series 3-0 is because you, f**king gnome, kept selecting nuffies and plodders, not because of fatigue.

Less WA players, more NSW players.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If they want to play in March it would've been better in NZ.

Its a really stupid to have us come back home when most of the people are over the cricket.

Valheru

Coach
The WACA was the logical place to play these two fixtures if it had to be played at this time of year.

No AFL this weekend and they may have had some chance of the ground looking full.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Michael Clarke is right. A joke it is on now. Should have all been played in January.
We couldn’t have the men’s team in Aus, it would if got in the way of Girrrrrrrrl Power!!!!! They are only allowed back in the country now that’s finished.

bazza

Immortal
If they want to play in March it would've been better in NZ.

Its a really stupid to have us come back home when most of the people are over the cricket.
I really like how they have had a 2 month break between the final test match of the summer and the next home international match

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Meth

Staff member
Forgot this series was a thing.

Whoever decided 2 games in Sydney was a smart idea during Round 1 of the NRL needs to be fired out of a canon into the sun because nobody will be watching.

hmmm I'm not sure the NRL is strong enough (even in Sydney) that people would take it into consideration when scheduling fixtures- nor is ODI cricket for that matter.

I think Coronavirus is more likely to keep people away.

Meth

Staff member
NZ will be buoyed by their success against India, but will still have PTSD from their last visit to Australia.

TheParraboy

Staff member
hmmm I'm not sure the NRL is strong enough (even in Sydney) that people would take it into consideration when scheduling fixtures- nor is ODI cricket for that matter.

I think Coronavirus is more likely to keep people away.

May be some truth in that, All the same they will have to discount tickets heavily or give freeis away to get a half decent crowd IMO

Fri ODI - No Sydney NRL matches

Sun ODI - Who cares about Manly v Storms, Tigers play dragons in the gong

Maybe we can advertise its the women's team who is playing?