What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v England D/N in Adelaide Nov 17, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
With the WC over for us, we got ton of time to prepare and smack the poms in this 3 game ODI series commencing Thursday week

All the usual supsects are there, except Finch who had retired from this format

Australia ODI squad vs England Pat Cummins (capt), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Eelectrica

Referee
Since this is our full strength ODI squad I'm certain we'll win the series 3-0 no problems.

Unless we throw them a bone in game 3, or decide to give the fans a decider and win the series 2-1 instead.

Test Series v West Indies. Nov 30-Dec 12.

Australia squad:
Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, David Warner

West Indies squad: Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Shamarh Brooks, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Roston Chase, Joshua Da Silva, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Anderson Phillip, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jayden Seales, Devon Thomas

Mr 30 then lose concentration Marcus Harris has been retained. The rest of the Baggy Greens are as expected.

With the WC over for us, we got ton of time to prepare and smack the poms in this 3 game ODI series commencing Thursday week

All the usual supsects are there, except Finch who had retired from this format

Australia ODI squad vs England Pat Cummins (capt), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa
Sorry to say but I can see the three Test bowlers copping similar treatment as in the T20s. God help us if Starc repeats his 0/60 from four overs caper..

Last edited:
our full strength ODI squad
You really think that. I reckon we have yet to see Australia's full strength ODI side as it is mostly bench warming or playing state cricket. Too much inconsistency in the current squad. world beaters one day, duds the next.

Guys who will comprise our PMX1 team against the Windies. Great opp for some of our best next gen or in form players to impress selectors.
I'll have a crack at a possible X1:
Wade, Hunt, Handscomb, Wyllie, Renshaw, Philippe (w/k) Hardie, Paris, Neser, Morris, Swepson.

Last edited:
None of that trio will play Shield cricket before the Tests, but that is a preparation that Australia have become comfortable with in recent seasons. (cricinfo)

Gnasher do you really think all three like this policy. Betting they'd prefer to be prepping for a Test series on a seaming state deck. They have to zip their lips.. no choice.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Considering there's a world cup in 50 over cricket next year I'd suggest the likes of Starc, Hazelwood (who was ridiculously left out of the squad last time) and captain Cummins would be doing everything they can to keep in the selectors eye.

Starc - not just in our top 3 odi players now but all time. His world cup record is exemplary.

Hazelwood - as I said will be doing everything in his power to get in the team after being left out last time.

Cummins - in his first gig as captain he's hardly going to turn it down to play some shield game in a paddock.

Not to mention the benefits of being in the Australian setup with physios, masseuses, dieticians, bowling coaches etc.

Baggers, you are in very real danger of missing out on my 58 man test supporter squad. Cut out the nonsense lad.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
FTR I reckon this is a ridiculously meaningless series. I would have used it for experimentation. We know what the selected can do, let's see what others have to offer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms are ranked 1st in ODI format

We are ranked 5th

I suspect it will stay that way after this epic must see series

JJ

Immortal
What's the go with Daniel Hughes - the numbers look impressive... too late for him, or is your domestic cricket not what it was?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What's the go with Daniel Hughes - the numbers look impressive... too late for him, or is your domestic cricket not what it was?
Blocked by Finch and Warner who were a pretty decent opening pair up until about 3 years ago.

Hughes Probably should have got a shot though.