What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st post!

DIEHARD

----
Welcome to the Gold Coast RLFC forum!

Wow...well here we are. Sitting in the Gold Coast team forum on LU. It really hasn't sunk in that the Gold Coast are in the NRL, but here we are sitting in the Gold Coast forum, a real sign that this is indeed not a dream.

The Gold Coast are in the NRL. Rugby League is finally expanding. Queensland Rugby League can finally fight AFL invasions, we got them on the back foot. More troops for the Maroons.

I think we can officially not only say that the Gold Coast are back, but Rugby League has all but recovered from the Super League war.

Very good news. I know a lot of people supported other bids. But IMO the Gold Coast were vital. Now that we have closed the door on AFL in Queensland we can continue to build rugby league.

To Bears and Wellington fans, the Gold Coast's success is yours. Support them. Because the more successful they are the more liekly and eager the competiton will be for further expansion.

The competiton just couldn't cope with any more than one new team at a time.

Thanks to everyone who supported the Gold Coast. And I enjoy sharing with you the birth and growth of a new team in this forum!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In anticipation of the announcement which is due today at around 1:30pm.

We'll leave the GC forum fairly high up the message board for a little while and later we'll drop it down into the alphabetical list of NRL teams.

Congrats to the Gold Coast bid team and to their supporters.

bulldog

Bench
DIEHARD said:
To Bears and Wellington fans, the Gold Coast's success is yours. Support them. Because the more successful they are the more liekly and eager the competiton will be for further expansion.

Well said, no time for bitterness, best hope for more teams is for GC to be successfull.

DIEHARD

----
bulldog said:
Well said, no time for bitterness, best hope for more teams is for GC to be successfull.

I'd have liked to have seen the Bears back in the NRL in 2008 to celebrate the centenary of the game.

Gold Coast 2006
Bears 2008

But it wasn't to be.

I greatly admire the RFL, look how many teams are still running around in some fashion since the founding in 1895!

My priority is what is best for rugby league but at some point the Bears will have an opportunity to rejoin, just make sure your team is still up and running!

Our success is your success, don't death ride us, support us. The expansion door has been opened, if we go well, people will be eager for further expansion.

Coaster

Bench
Awesome news,

I feel sorry for Bears supporters, but im happy as anything about the GC and will be at the game tonight to celebrate the birth of the Gold Coast into the NRL.

DIEHARD

----
Now that the Coast are official. I'm sure we will see some major moves to get the developement of the stadium underway.

I haven't heard anything about Robina for weeks.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
This is unreal, I am so excited, a pity there are no footy fans at work I can discuss with.

Also, Diehard will be a great moderator here. cheers dude

Eelectrica

Referee
The NRL will definatley seek to expand at some point in the future. It's the way of all things.
A great decision was made though to make the GC the first real expansion team of the NRL. Our great game needs to spread far and wide and given time, will do just that.

DIEHARD

----
coldhardbitch said:
Also, Diehard will be a great moderator here. cheers dude

Thanks mate it is a real honour. I had no idea I'd be mod.

I haven't felt like this for years, I have a team I can put me heart and soul into.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Enjoy the time DIEHARD and others...This was a decision that had to be made and the Gold Coast will be come into the competition running full steam ahead.

Look forward to catching up with all things Gold Coast in here.

DIEHARD

----
GC_Gladiator said:
Wow.. so whens the first supporters bbq diehard??

I dunno mate, but judging by the overwhelming support for the Coast we will certainly create a well supported club. I'm amazed at the number of LU members that are from the Gold Coast region.

I can feel the tribalism coming back into the game up here. Something that has been sorely missed over the years.

Going to Brisbane v Gold Coast matches at Lang Park will be just unreal up here!

In the future we can also look towards creating a Supporter Army. Brisbane don't have one and their passion and atmosphere at games leave a lot to be desired. Maybe we can show the ponies how to support a footy team!

Cue ridiculous name suggestions for a supporter group. :lol:

Esoj

Juniors
well welcome back to the gold coast hopefully your supporters get behind the team. I am sure it will be like when us kiwis found out that the warriors were in the comp hopefully gold coast's early years are bit better than the warriors.