What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st post!

Broncodroid

Juniors
[quote+"DIEHARD"]Brisbane don't have one and their passion and atmosphere at games leave a lot to be desired[/quote]

We don't have one and we are on top of the competition attracting the most fans to any game. What does a "supporters group" do for the team? As long as your getting large numbers to your home games (which we do) and loyal fans to the AWAY games (which we do) you don't need no "official" supporters group with some gimmicky name. What has "the Burrow" done for the Rabbitohs barring help them get to around 5000-6000 fans at homes games? Zilch...a team with a supporters group is no better than the one without it.

As for atmosphere, give me a freaking break...anyone who has been to a game this year for example will tell you the atmosphere at the old Lang Park is the best in the NRL.

Good to see your excited about the whole thing today but geez, surely we are not going to be putting up with 'putdowns' on the club you have been supporting up until 2007...this is the club you will be cheering in the 2005 GF.

DIEHARD

----
Broncodroid said:
We don't have one and we are on top of the competition attracting the most fans to any game. What does a "supporters group" do for the team? As long as your getting large numbers to your home games (which we do) and loyal fans to the AWAY games (which we do) you don't need no "official" supporters group with some gimmicky name. What has "the Burrow" done for the Rabbitohs barring help them get to around 5000-6000 fans at homes games? Zilch...a team with a supporters group is no better than the one without it.

As for atmosphere, give me a freaking break...anyone who has been to a game this year for example will tell you the atmosphere at the old Lang Park is the best in the NRL.

Good to see your excited about the whole thing today but geez, surely we are not going to be putting up with 'putdowns' on the club you have been supporting up until 2007...this is the club you will be cheering in the 2005 GF.

Mate have you ever been to a Broncos game at lang park? The atmosphere is like a morge and they are constantly out cheered and out barracked by visiting teams!

People just sit there in silence, maybe from watching the games on tele or sitting 1000m away from the field at ANZ for too many years. Sitting there like stunned mullets.

Supporter groups are fantastic, adding atmosphere and chants. The Burrow is fantastic and they'd be huge if the Bunnies were winning. The Broncos really need a supporter army, I've never been to a Lions game but I bet the fans are more passionate at the Gabba.

If you start to get into the game and barrack people tell you to be quiet and have a sook.

It is quite often embarrassing, the lack of passion.

What I say is fact, I go to every Broncos game, I do not have season tickets and purchase new tickets everytime I go, so every game I'm in a new part of the stadium.

JW

Coach
DIEHARD, another main point that Broncodroid is getting at is your bagging of the Broncos at every given opportuntiy now that the Gold Coast have been officially given the green light.

This is a team that you pretend to support and say you'll support until 2007, yet you rarely have anything remotely positive to discuss about the club.

And you rave on about loyalty, passion and what-not?

I'm stoked that the Coast are finally in the competition, and that a SE Queensland rivalry can develop between Brisbane and the Gold Coast for the good of the game up there. But taking cheap shots at Brisbane whilst the Coast are still a couple of years away and you're still "pretending" you support the Broncos is bit low on class in my opinion and shows hypocracy on your part for all the things you believe we Broncos fans lack.

Anyway, to all the other GC fans, best of luck building this team over the coming seasons. Hopefully they can be competitive in their inaugural season and get the Coast and SE Qld right behind them. As a Broncos fan I'm very much looking forward to the local derbies.

Crongrats and best of luck.

Cheers.

DIEHARD

----
JW said:
DIEHARD, another main point that Broncodroid is getting at is your bagging of the Broncos at every given opportuntiy now that the Gold Coast have been officially given the green light.

This is a team that you pretend to support and say you'll support until 2007, yet you rarely have anything remotely positive to discuss about the club.

And you rave on about loyalty, passion and what-not?

I'm stoked that the Coast are finally in the competition, and that a SE Queensland rivalry can develop between Brisbane and the Gold Coast for the good of the game up there. But taking cheap shots at Brisbane whilst the Coast are still a couple of years away and you're still "pretending" you support the Broncos is bit low on class in my opinion and shows hypocracy on your part for all the things you believe we Broncos fans lack.

Anyway, to all the other GC fans, best of luck building this team over the coming seasons. Hopefully they can be competitive in their inaugural season and get the Coast and SE Qld right behind them. As a Broncos fan I'm very much looking forward to the local derbies.

Crongrats and best of luck.

Cheers.

I do support the Broncos but what I say is fact. I am not trying to score points, I wish what I said was completely and utterly false. I am not taking cheap shots, it is an educated opinion.

The stadium management don't do much to help matters. The Broncos could really use a flag/supporter section where you are allowed to bring in big flags and have a few hundred people to start the Broncos chants. I mean on the first game at the new Lang Park the stadium nazi management confiscated what few big flags the Broncos have. Poor bastards.

It was also very embarrassing when the Broncos were out cheered by Bulldogs fans last year in the big game at Lang Park. When that happens my heart sinks and I just hope "they don't hear that on tele."

And how can you question my loyalty, I have totally valid reasons for losing faith in the Broncos. Any team that crushes local competition just so they wont have any local business rivals sickens me.

South East Exclusivity Contract anyone? Super League anyone?

It takes more than pretty colours, fancy marketing and star players to win my loyalty.

And how can you have a go at the Burrow, atm they are worth more of the admission price than the actual team. They'd be huge if they had a quality team.

Fact is the crowd atmosphere and general passion and enthusiasm shown last night by the people of the Gold Coast puts the Broncos to shame.

Hopefully the new derby will help fan the fires. And Broncos fans will become more passionate. Atmosphere helps build and keep crowds, especially when the team is doing badly. If the Broncos get their act together, they'd be drawing a few extra thousand and their crowd numbers wouldn't be so viotile.

Bronco fans are so precious, but truth hurts eh. :lol:

JW

Coach
DIEHARD said:
I mean on the first game at the new Lang Park the stadium nazi management confiscated what few big flags the Broncos have. Poor bastards.

I am aware of the security at Lang Park and the 'nazi' style management, but unfortunately there is not much the Broncos can do about it. They don't own the stadium.

And how can you question my loyalty, I have totally valid reasons for losing faith in the Broncos. Any team that crushes local competition just so they wont have any local business rivals sickens me.

South East Exclusivity Contract anyone? Super League anyone?

It takes more than pretty colours, fancy marketing and star players to win my loyalty.

Where you feel your loyalties are mate is completely up to you. You've made it clear that they lie with the Gold Coast and it's fantastic that a passionate Leaguie such as yourself will be cheering them on.

But that's not what I'm questioning or commenting on.

What i'm talking about is your comments about Brisbane fans, their loyalty, and their passion for their team. Whilst you're packing your bags and moving on for reasons you feel are valid, others are sticking by the club they have followed for it's entire existance. For this reason, I would consider them the most passiontate of Broncos fans, and for someone in your postion to be firing parting shots at them is a bit rich in my opinion.

As for your feelings about the events on 10 years ago - well that's your choice and should be respected. The head-honchos at the Broncos during that time wreaked of unprofessionalism and poor exectution of 'blury' visions. But the club has moved on from those days and the Broncos of 2005 are a happy, thriving and family-oriented club with a fantastic bunch of blokes doing their best on the field each week. I'm proud to be a supporter of it. Myself and many others suck by the Broncos through thick and thin, and now the club is starting to rediscover the popularity and the culture of it's earlier years. That's what passion, and in particular loyalty, for your club is.

God help the Gold Coast if their bosses ever step out of line in the future.

As Broncodroid said, surely you won't be putting down these fans now that your new club has been confirmed for the NRL. Especially when you're going to be claiming yourself as one of them, a Broncos 'supporter', up until 2007.

It's a bit of a conflicting situation.

And how can you have a go at the Burrow, atm they are worth more of the admission price than the actual team. They'd be huge if they had a quality team.

I've said nothing of the Burrow at all. Don't know where you pulled that one from.

Hopefully the new derby will help fan the fires. And Broncos fans will become more passionate. Atmosphere helps build and keep crowds, especially when the team is doing badly. If the Broncos get their act together, they'd be drawing a few extra thousand and their crowd numbers wouldn't be so viotile.

Brisbane crowds are growing each year and remain the largest in the League. They're obviously doing something right in regards to promoting the game and the team in the aftermath of the days of 20,000 averages in the late 90's and early 00's.

Bronco fans are so precious, but truth hurts eh. :lol:

So that would make you precious also?...

DIEHARD said:
I do support the Broncos

;-)

Cheers mate.

DIEHARD

----
I'm not actually firing any parting shots JW. I have been saying this for several years. I really dislike the clubs ownership, admittedly they have vastly improved over the last few seasons, but still the damage has been done for me.

I really do love Bennett and nearly all the players bar Hunt.

But what I said is what I believe, but if you think differently, well I'm glad. Maybe your match day experiences are different to mine. In fact I wouldn't rather it any other way, I am glad there are still many passionate Bronco fans left.

The Broncos are definately coming back, going back to their roots more and gaining more popularity. I think they will be averaging 35,000 in the not too distant future.

I think the Cowboys and the Gold Coast will really help the Broncos crowds loosen up. Finally we can experience tribalism and local derbies, sell out crowds.

It isn't exactly the fault of the Broncos crowds, or some inherit weakness in their DNA. It is more of just bad habbits. Most Bronco fans watch on TV and the move to ANZ stadium really put the crowds on the outer. Being the only team in SEQLD and even Queensland if you write off the Cowboys for poor form, didn't help matters.

At the end of the day I see the introduction of the Gold Coast as a plus for the Broncos. I don't think they will lose many players, the Broncos as always will keep the players they want, they still have that magic and awe about them. The newspapers will be full of more rugby league news and maybe some inter club sniping, always good for heating the rivalry. Also the presence of another team in SEQLD might also make Broncos fans show their colours more, because it is no longer a given that you are a Broncos fan if you like rugby league in Queensland.

It is going to be fantastic for both parties.

Let's remember the crowds the old Seagulls used to get to Broncos games! Now imagine if we could field a highly competitive, Queensland based team...fun times are ahead. =P~

JW

Coach
I totally agree with that post.

The Gold Coast will most definately be of benefit to the Broncos and to use your words "help the Broncos crowds loosen up".

One of the major reasons why I supported the GC inclusion, apart from obvioulsy being good for the game in Queensland, is that it will reignite local rivalries at the top level in SE-Qld which have sadly been missing since the late 90's. I know that the Broncos were really the only competitive team back then, but the Gold Coast vs Brisbane games still created great interest and of course massive crowds.

If the new Gold Coast club can put a strong team together, it will not only help ignite that rivalry within SE-Qld, but help reduce any impact that the Lions make in the area.

Other positives also range from increased media coverage for the game and keeping a greater % of Queensland juniors in Queensland.

Some may percieve Brisbane fans as being against the inclusion of the Coast based on the views of past incompetant administrators of the 90's, but I can assure people that this couldn't be further from the truth. I really do envy some of the Sydney clubs with their fierce local derbies, and wish something like that could be replicated in Queensland.

Now we have the opportunity to do that.

Cheers.

Latest posts