What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Qualifying final: Newcastle vs Manly *SPOILERS*

Jono078

Referee
YEEHAA!!!

That is all for now..

I thought Buderus was gonna get sent off, I hope he can make a comeback if we make it that far.

Mayor West

Juniors
Matai was awesome tonight, the guy is always giving 110% and pops up all over the place...He can take the wrong option at times but tonight i thought he was terrific...gotta be a shoe-in for the NZ squad you would think.

BD5733

Juniors
parra_panther said:
Mullen is a star, absolutely no doubt about it - that kick return from the Orford missed conversion was just out of the box. Superb.

Did anyone else notice that after J Mullen kicked the field goal he was "A great prospect, ready made to step into the shoes of the greatest player of the modern era..."

Yet only minutes earlier he was "Lacking the ability to put in the correct kick on the last, and when he did, it was poorly weighted"

Gould and Sterlo changed their opinions very quickly.

Balmain_Boy

Sir Biffo said:
Does Andrew Johns get man of the match in EVERY Newcastle game Channel 9 televises?

Who knows.

But he was brilliant tonight. One of the best 2nd halves I've seen.

Fairfax

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Yeah fair point guys. I just couldn't understand how that tackle by Buderus is NOT a send off offence.

Didn't you know? You only get sent off if your last name is Morley.

If Buderus doesn't get six weeks i'd be shocked. Paea got ten weeks for less.

Disco said:
Yeah, Matai often makes bad reads in defense, but tonight every choice he made was gold

Oh well boys, not to worry. Gotta give credit where credit is due. BTW Congrats to Mullen, had all the pressure of kicking the winner, and he absolutely nailed it. So well done mate.

Balmain_Boy

BD5733 said:
Did anyone else notice that after J Mullen kicked the field goal he was "A great prospect, ready made to step into the shoes of the greatest player of the modern era..."

Yet only minutes earlier he was "Lacking the ability to put in the correct kick on the last, and when he did, it was poorly weighted"

Gould and Sterlo changed their opinions very quickly.

My favourite was Gould saying that Whatmough's ridiculous pass showed him that Manly were confident and felt comfortable. What bullsh*t. It was just a brain explosion.

mattyg

Bench
I think Bedsy should have been sent...If he gets any less than 6 weeks for that tackle it is an absolute joke! In saying that BK deserved the sin binning because he was at the ref all night. He wouldnt even let the ref make a call before debating it

Blaze said:
It doesn't really bother me... I'm not a Manly fan.

btw Steve Matai was Manly's best tonight. Superb defensively. Those two penalties against him in the first half were complete bullsh*t.

I'm hoping for some more heartbreak for Manly fans in the future.

Mayor West

Juniors
Besides the result.....Its a brilliant way to start the semis, as a neutral supporter tonight, i couldn't believe how entrenched in the game i was.....well done to both sides, and here's hoping the standard continues!

Blaze

Juniors
Mayor West said:
Matai was awesome tonight, the guy is always giving 110% and pops up all over the place...He can take the wrong option at times but tonight i thought he was terrific...gotta be a shoe-in for the NZ squad you would think.

He should be in the squad, but NZ has a few decent centres atm. If Manly play next week and he performs equally as well as he did tonight then I would say he will be starting in the opening game of the Tri Nations

Hutty1986

Immortal
Originally Posted by Fairfax
Didn't you know? You only get sent off if your last name is Morley.

It's not like he has a history or anything hey... :roll:

Dutchy

Immortal
Good heart shown by the boys tonight

Hard to score points when the only time the ball was in the Knights half was when we were kicking off

Latest posts