What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Qualifying final: Newcastle vs Manly *SPOILERS*

varion

Juniors
How bad is Watmough, at the rate hes going, hell be a one origin wonder.

He was going great guns a yr of so ago, now hes an absolute liability.

David Seage should give it up, his body cant take the rigours of professional sport. Gotta feel for him, hes worse than David Woods when it comes to injuries, Nik Kosef springs to mind.

Dutchy

Immortal
locky - Manly hardly had the ball in good field position...wasnt much he could do in attack when most the time we were coming off our own line.

And that kick..you had to bee there to witness the wind..it was swirling like a bitch

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
Agreed. He lost the plot 5 mins into the game, it was like the game was too quick for him. He has to go, though who do you bring up Hayne ? :lol:

There is only 2 games a week now. Drop him. Better yet, Send him out to Manly Leagues club tonight and I reckon the problem might be gone forever. :lol:

We lost the game with dropped ball all night. We had a chance to win too at the end. It was a great game. Despite the ref. :oops:

perverse

Referee
lol the knights had plenty of dubious decisions go against them tonight too, particularly in the first half. and what the hell is with manly holding down in the ruck area? hampstead was terrible for both teams equally tonight.

congrats to manlys defence in the first half, it was incredible. kite in particular tore us to shreds. johns pulled this one out of the fire for us, and had excellent backup from mullen, kidley and indeed the forward pack too.

Red Bear

Referee
Surprised Johns didnt get a three, or even a 2 or 1 in the match rankings. I mean he only set up 3 tries and scored one himself lol.

Buderus wont play again this year if the judiciary is consistent and fair.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
I'm hoping for some more heartbreak for Manly fans in the future.

Mate, I've been reading your biased bullsh*t all night. Go get some original material. You're a disgrace to whatever team you support. Your name is right though, you are a derro.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
As expected the Orford bashing will start. He wasn't at his best, he wasn't at his worst. He can't be held responsible for our poor position throughout the match. That was caused by endlessly dropping the ball.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
No Andrew Johns was the one choking. The amount of ball you had on our line and couldn't get through..... Gidley saved his fat ass. And then he gets MOM. ;)

Mr Saab

Referee
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
No Andrew Johns was the one choking. The amount of ball you had on our line and couldn't get through..... Gidley saved his fat ass. And then he gets MOM. ;)

And who was the player who gave the last pass to Gidley both times????????????
Johns...and both passes were sensational.

Bicey_18

Bench
Snoz said:
what i witnessed was manly get frustrated from the most one-sided ref decisions i have ever seen and they pushed bad passes and gave away more dumb penalties.

all steaming from a ref who thought he was a knights player tonight

bad decisions off top of my head

1. mattai for late tackle on johns
2. mattai not long after
3. strip on kennedy
4. orford taken out after kick
5. stewart called for knock-on
6. bk sin binned but buderus commits are far worse foul
7. burns penalty for suppose grapple - what he did happens nearly every 2nd tackle in the nrl.

all these gifted knights possession - at the end manly ran out of steam.

Where are the Knights bad calls?

1. Watmough strips the ball off quinn.. next set manly score
2. Knights make a break and quinn gets up to play it..stewart alll over him, professional foul for sure

Referring to Manly's call

1. Matai's hit on Johns - fair call
2. Matai head high - Penalty sufficient
3. BK stripped? - He tried to milk that for sure... dropped ball
4. Stewart - didnt see a knock on - fair call
5. orford taken out? same as matai isnt it? nothing in it...
6. when players get involved in incidents that doesnt concern them they always get sent... called 3rd man in.
7. burns did grapple... cant have your arm round the neck- penalty

It went both ways...wasnt just Manly who suffered. But the loser was always going to complain more bout the ref..just the way it is

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sensational try, how he knew what Robertson was up to I'll never know. Best reflexes I've seen in a long time.

choc_soldier

Coach
BD5733 said:
Did anyone else notice that after J Mullen kicked the field goal he was "A great prospect, ready made to step into the shoes of the greatest player of the modern era..."

Yet only minutes earlier he was "Lacking the ability to put in the correct kick on the last, and when he did, it was poorly weighted"

Gould and Sterlo changed their opinions very quickly.

Yeah, I noticed that too... strange.

Not since Michael Hutchence has there been a person who loves a choke more than Matt Orford. 450k a yr spunked on the choking hack. Well done manly. See you can't get jammy bounces, intercepts and make 2 line breaks a wk and keep winning. Eventually manly's sh*teness will catch up them a la last night

perverse

Referee
Mr Saab said:
And who was the player who gave the last pass to Gidley both times????????????
Johns...and both passes were sensational.
he also scored the first try.

MOM without doubt.. whoever suggests kidley should have got it didn't look close enough.