What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ten Rounds

blacksafake

First Grade
Just had a look at the drawer for 2017, The first 10 rounds we face
Panthers(h)
Eels(h)
Sharks(a)
Warriors(h)
Tigers(a)
Eagles(a)
Cowboys(h)
Roosters(a)
Storm(h)
Sharks(h).
Pretty tough i'd say.Looks like we could have a interim coach sooner than later.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Dragons 2017 Home Draw therefore is as follows:

UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

Round 1 v Penrith Panthers on Saturday afternoon, March 4 (4.30pm)

Round 4 v New Zealand Warriors on Sunday afternoon/evening, March 26 (6.30pm)

Round 10 v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks on Friday evening, May 12 (6.00pm)

Round 16 v Newcastle Knights on Sunday afternoon, June 25 (2.00pm)

Round 23 v Gold Coast Titans on the weekend of Thursday, August 10 - Sunday, August 13

WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Round 2 v Parramatta Eels on Sunday evening, March 12 (6.30pm)

Round 7 v North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday night, April 15 (7.30pm)

Round 9 v Melbourne Storm on Sunday afternoon, April 30 (4.00pm)

Round 20 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on Sunday afternoon, July 23 (2.00pm)

ANZ Stadium

Round 13 v Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park on Saturday afternoon, June 3 (3.00pm)

Round 26 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park on the weekend of Thursday,

August 31 - Sunday, September 3

Sydney Cricket Ground

Round 22 v South Sydney Rabbitohs at the SCG on the weekend of Thursday, August 3 - Sunday,

August 6

FULL DRAW:
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/11/24/dragons_2017_draw_an.html

Ace-STi

Juniors
The Dragons 2017 Home Draw therefore is as follows:

UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

Round 1 v Penrith Panthers on Saturday afternoon, March 4 (4.30pm)

Round 4 v New Zealand Warriors on Sunday afternoon/evening, March 26 (6.30pm)

Round 10 v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks on Friday evening, May 12 (6.00pm)

Round 16 v Newcastle Knights on Sunday afternoon, June 25 (2.00pm)

Round 23 v Gold Coast Titans on the weekend of Thursday, August 10 - Sunday, August 13

WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Round 2 v Parramatta Eels on Sunday evening, March 12 (6.30pm)

Round 7 v North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday night, April 15 (7.30pm)

Round 9 v Melbourne Storm on Sunday afternoon, April 30 (4.00pm)

Round 20 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on Sunday afternoon, July 23 (2.00pm)

ANZ Stadium

Round 13 v Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park on Saturday afternoon, June 3 (3.00pm)

Round 26 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park on the weekend of Thursday,

August 31 - Sunday, September 3

Sydney Cricket Ground

Round 22 v South Sydney Rabbitohs at the SCG on the weekend of Thursday, August 3 - Sunday,

August 6

FULL DRAW:
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/11/24/dragons_2017_draw_an.html
TBH that's how it should be every year

BennyV

Referee
Just had a look at the drawer for 2017, The first 10 rounds we face
Panthers(h)
Eels(h)
Sharks(a)
Warriors(h)
Tigers(a)
Eagles(a)
Cowboys(h)
Roosters(a)
Storm(h)
Sharks(h).
Pretty tough i'd say.Looks like we could have a interim coach sooner than later.
Parra game could go either way.
Eels will likely beat us.
Sharks will definitely beat us.
We will beat Warriors.
Tigers will likely beat us.
Manly could go either way.
Cowboys will likely beat us.
Roosters could go either way (ANZAC match).
Storm will beat us.
Sharks could go either way (local derby).

Not a horror opening, especially considering there's no real travel in there. If we arent sitting in the 8 at the end of this (and it's highly likely we wont be), we are f**ked from there on in.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
It's better there are 5 home games at Kogarah. It must be a bit cheaper now that the lease has gone back to the council. Swap an ANZ for the Gong and things are looking up. The SCG game should always be there out of respect for tradition. Would dearly love to f**k ANZ right off our home games; easier said than done.

matPORTS

Juniors
More than anything I was looking forward to glancing over our first ten weeks. Haven't even begun to concern myself with the rest of the draw yet.

Back to back home games to open the year against two teams expected to do well.
Sharks twice.
Danger games against the Warriors, Tigers and Sea Eagles followed by Cowboys, ANZAC Day and Storm.

Well, the board seems to think that Mary has a 'positive future' as our coach. The pressure will well and truly be on from the get go here.

Zucchini

Juniors
Round 10 Dragons v Sharks is at 6:00pm Friday.

What a joke! They obviously don't want fans to attend.
Yeah, and the draw shows it as a Fox game, so it must be right. It looks like Fox are doing a 6pm game each week and Nine the 7.30/8.00 kick off game. Bad move. Not many people can get to a game by 6pm on a Friday, I wouldn't think, except maybe the Allianz games for the people who work in the city. I reckon the NRL will cop a lot of grief about it. Having said that, the 9.30 game on Friday was such a punish. So many ads. It was midnight before you got to bed. They'll never keep everyone happy.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints play Cowboys, Storm, Bronco's, Raiders, Rabbitohs and Roosters once. Those 5 are potentially top 8 next season. Saints have no excuses about having a tough draw.

Dragons 1 game against the Raiders in Canberra.

Round 1 - I hope Mitch Rein and Trent are playing. It will make it an interesting game.

Good to see the Dragons giving the Dogs a home game in the final round of the season even though it is suppose to be the Dragons HOME game. Idiots. Right game right venue eh....Could be a decider for top 8 and they give them an advantage.

Imagine if Hasler gets flicked by the Dogs before then and Saints pick him before that game is played. How much spice will that add to that encounter.

Lethal25

Juniors
It's better there are 5 home games at Kogarah. It must be a bit cheaper now that the lease has gone back to the council. Swap an ANZ for the Gong and things are looking up. The SCG game should always be there out of respect for tradition. Would dearly love to f**k ANZ right off our home games; easier said than done.
I'm not a fan of the SCG game Weipa despite tradition. It's a cricket ground at the end of the day

It's one of the worst viewing grounds you can imagine. The centre square slopes downward and you sit way too far back from the sidelines. I personally always debate whether to go to this game and it's the closest to where I live

SaintElroy

Juniors
I'm not a fan of the SCG game Weipa despite tradition. It's a cricket ground at the end of the day

It's one of the worst viewing grounds you can imagine. The centre square slopes downward and you sit way too far back from the sidelines. I personally always debate whether to go to this game and it's the closest to where I live

I'm the same lethal. It's awesome rocking up and feeling the history and beauty of the place. But once the whistle blows that's where the love is lost for me. Horrible ground to watch footy at.

Gareth67

First Grade
This draw appears to be better than the horror runs of the previous 2 seasons . However that being said , I must agree with Kuro's comment - that there are no easy games any more .
But the last ' home game ' for the Dragons at Belmore is yet again another disgusting example of catering for the opposition team and not your own . I wonder if we also pay for their jerseys to be washed ?
Still should the Dragons come out and really play some decent football , we may upset quite a few of the competitions big boys . At least I hope that will be the case .

Last edited:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Those first 10 rounds could blow us out of the water especially if our players returning
from injury are unavailable including
Ah Mau, Dugan, Garrick, Glymin, Hind, Masoe, Nona, Nightingale and Packer which is a quarter of our roster. Further the best available spine, backline and pack will need to be determined by Round 1 not Round 25 or 26 like last year.
The uncertainty regarding the coaching ability and selections will be another
disruptive and unsettling factor.

SaintElroy

Juniors
Those first 10 rounds could blow us out of the water especially if our players returning
from injury are unavailable including
Ah Mau, Dugan, Garrick, Glymin, Hind, Masoe, Nona, Nightingale and Packer which is a quarter of our roster. Further the best available spine, backline and pack will need to be determined by Round 1 not Round 25 or 26 like last year.
The uncertainty regarding the coaching ability and selections will be another
disruptive and unsettling factor.

If those players are unavailable it would probably hurt cutters more than us. Dugan and packer have the most impact for us out of that lot. Rest can be changed for like for like. 5 of those didn't even feature for us last year.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Creagh, Masoe and Glymin being out this year along with Marshall being unreliable meant that were down four key players out of our Top 20. We tried four players on the wing which may have been earmarked for Glymin being Aitken, Matautia, FaiFai Loa and Mann and finally settled on Mann half-way through the season. We also tried 4-5 centres before we settled on Aitken and Milne. We also tried 3-4 hookers with no success. Finding a half was also fruitless with onelegged Benji, mediocre McMcCone and one NRL game 2016 Hutchison. We two missed good running forwards and never recovered. Hopefully 2017 will be more organised and favourable for our chances.